5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite tipple
Was quite reluctant to sample a honey liquor given that I'm not a big fan of honey. But I tried it, and have since gone through 3 bottles of the stuff over the past few months. My new favourite thing, after music, Playstation and boobies.
Published 21 months ago by MattDaddyCool

3.0 out of 5 stars great for honey lovers?
Although i am not a huge fan of honey, I am a Jack Daniels fan, especially some of the limited editions, single barrel being a favourite of mine, so, as a result i was bought this as a gift, nevertheless i gave it a go, it has that distinct honey aroma and it is a background suggestion with the expected rude interruption of fire on the first glass. The second glass and...
Published on 17 Sep 2012 by Mr. S. Ball

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite tipple, 11 Mar 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Parental thumbs up!, 11 Sep 2014
This review is from: Jack Daniels Whiskey Honey 70 cl (Grocery)
I don't drink, however I saw this on a trip to America and picked a bottle up for my parents, who occasionally partake in a drink. Typically though, I had to endure a pointless conversation to start with, which went like this.

"I've brought you back a bottle of something"
"What is it?"
"It's this" (shows them the bottle)
"We don't drink Whiskey"
"I know. It's not really a whiskey, but a honey liqueur"
"Oh. Ok"
"That's why I got it, it's something different."
"Ok. Well, we'll give it a try."

And try they did, at which point 20% of the bottle (the US version is 100cl) was consumed with them exclaiming it was very very nice indeed. Within 2 weeks, the bottle was 50% gone and I'm wondering why I didn't get them another bottle or why I had to have the conversation outlined above.

Since I don't go to the US frequently enough, I checked Amazon and found this - which while not as cheap as the airport, wasn't a bad price. Luckily this will have to do them until I go again at the end of the year.

They've already told me to bring back another, so I'm guessing that they like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth, with a capital SMOOTH!, 26 Nov 2012
Phil Wing (North East, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack Daniels Whiskey Honey 70 cl (Grocery)
Serve chilled, with an ice cube. The doors of heaven will open and the light will enrapture your very soul.

In other words it tastes awesome.

5.0 out of 5 stars The whiskey of your childhood dreams, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jack Daniels Whiskey Honey 70 cl (Grocery)
In your six year old head this is what whiskey tasted like when you watched dusty cowboys enthusiastically piling into the bar.

Sweet enough to be the liqueur it is, but the whiskey tames the honey and vice versa, with no hint of the medicine cabinet, and definitely grown-up. Perhaps it is superficially sophisticated - and like any liqueur the sweetness will build with repeated glasses - but when the taste and effect is this good who cares?

It's to be savoured slowly over a long afternoon in good company, preferably until you pass-out into dreams of a young Marlene Dietrich.

Ice to my palette is sacrilige, neat is best. Not everyone's the same though, my brother only likes it on the rocks.

Try a glass in the pub first if you're doubtful, odds are you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for a gift!, 28 Aug 2012
This review is from: Jack Daniels Whiskey Honey 70 cl (Grocery)
Bought this for my husband for our anniversary. He has tried a range of different Jack Daniels varieties and loves them all, but I think this might be his new favourite!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tipple For Wannabe Connoisseurs., 19 Aug 2014
Some Guy (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jack Daniels Whiskey Honey 70 cl (Grocery)
I bought this so I could try it and to expand my drinking palate and to my surprise I very much enjoyed it right off the bat. I'm not normally into whiskeys, scotch, bourbon and the like but this was a great discovery for me.

It's about 5% less in alcoholic strength that the normal Jack Daniels but it still has the heat but I found it a more pleasant heat than other whiskeys and spirits and I found it to be a smooth flavour and taste with a good honey taste that feels good on the tongue.

I recommend this for anyone, for themselves or for a gift for Father's Day for example.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Packaging, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Jack Daniels Whiskey Honey 70 cl (Grocery)
Bought this for a Christmas present & was delivered in time. The bottle was packed very well, with foam pieces, boxed & labelled 'Fragile'. However since i purchase this item , I have seen this product much cheaper in the super stores (IE Tesco / Sainsbury). Even though I did a web search at time of purchase, I would advise to pop in your local stores prior.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for sauces, 20 Sep 2012
This review is from: Jack Daniels Whiskey Honey 70 cl (Grocery)
This is more of a liquer than a drinking whiskey, very smooth and sweet, but where it stands out is if you use it as a base for a sauce with chicken very nice........................

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for glastonbury, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Jack Daniels Whiskey Honey 70 cl (Grocery)
Bought this to get smashed, ended up in hospital missing my glastonbury 2013 Sunday night. Great drink, would thoroughly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious with ginger beer, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Jack Daniels Whiskey Honey 70 cl (Grocery)
Has anyone tried this with ginger beer? It is delicious, refreshing and very moreish. I first tried it at the Hickory Smoke House in Chester and have been drinking it ever since.

Jack Daniels Whiskey Honey 70 cl