5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Set-up and Good Coverage
I was getting fed-up with signal from my ancient BT WiFi Router/Modem keep on dropping-out unless I was sitting on top of the thing. Also, when more than one person was using the internet, responses noticeably slowed. I chose this one after some research because it got uniformly (almost) good reviews, which I am now going to add to. Set-up was a doddle - it took a bit of...
Published 15 months ago by M. Lockwood

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic router but comes with a WARNING
Great piece of kit, super fast and lots of capabilites, HOWEVER DO NOT BUY FROM THE AMAZON MARKETPLACE!!

Published 14 months ago by Mr Graham J Adcock

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round router, 24 Dec. 2013
This review is from: ASUS RT-AC66U AC1750 Gigabit WLAN Router (Accessory)
I had been using a TP-Link TL-WR1043ND which was a significant improvement over the wireless router within my Virgin Media Super Hub.

Upgrading to the Asus has increased performance all round (range, speeds etc.) and my wireless network is now far happier passing multiple concurrent video streams (Apple TV + IPCCTV + others).

The VPN server feature is also great.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: ASUS RT-AC66U AC1750 Gigabit WLAN Router (Accessory)
love this unit, easy to set up and works a treat, my only gripe is the PSU came with a none UK power adapter so I had to buy an adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Homehub replacement, 30 Oct. 2013
This review is from: ASUS RT-AC66U AC1750 Gigabit WLAN Router (Accessory)
I got BT Infinity and wanted something that would work properly for port-forwarding and preferably with full VPN support. I had homehub3 and the web interface had some serious bugs with port forwarding. Got HH3 to work eventually, but it was sticky and I looked around for a replacement.

Friend of mine had this, so I gave it a go. I can now stream my media on my server to my phone when I'm out and about thanks to the built-in VPN capability. My Xperia Z1 went from 20mb over wireless to 60mbit - yes, really. (I get 80mbit wired, which is the max available).

When out and about, if I leave the VPN connected, all my phone browsing etc is done securely back through my home. Handy if you're in a wi-fi hotspot that you don't entirely trust - fire up your VPN and tunnel back through home all nicely encrypted ;-)

Setup is as simple as you can imagine, and the GUI works really well. If you're wondering if it's worth spending over £100 to replace something you've already got that pretty much does the same thing - I'd say yes. HH3 wasn't that great for me, this is quite a difference. It can also download torrents to USB, same for NZBs if that's your thing.

Really, it was the proper VPN (also, check out their AICloud app for simple-sharing if you're interested) and faster wireless that really sold it for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality wireless router, 14 Oct. 2013
This review is from: ASUS RT-AC66U AC1750 Gigabit WLAN Router (Accessory)
Out of the box and up and running in less than 15 mins.

I bought this to replace the BT home hub running on Infinity. The BT router worked ok when connected by cable but was useless for wireless. The wireless would continually drop out which was really annoying when watching ITV player or Demand 5 as end up spending ages getting back to where it dropped out.

Since installing the Asus, we haven't had any drop outs or freezes.

The mark of a good router - fit and forget!

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic router but comes with a WARNING, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: ASUS RT-AC66U AC1750 Gigabit WLAN Router (Accessory)

The router I have experienced an ethernet port failure and needs to be returned for repair under the 2 year warranty. But as the Amazon seller I purchased from is in Spain and I live in the UK I have to pay to return it to reseller. ASUS UK refuse to repair under warranty and state the warranty is only valid in the country of the resller and Amazon refuse to help! So only purchase directly from Amazon or a marketplace seller that is in the same country as you!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus router., 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: ASUS RT-AC66U AC1750 Gigabit WLAN Router (Accessory)
I love this duel band wireless router, works where others cannot. Easy setup etc. I think it worth mentioning that you do need a modem to connect this to the internet. This was not clear to me in the description ?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 12 May 2013
This review is from: ASUS RT-AC66U AC1750 Gigabit WLAN Router (Accessory)
Easy set up. Good strong reliable signal. A Noticeable improvement in internet speeds. A little pricey but worth the expense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice router, very easy to set up, seems to work very well indeed. One niggle: was delivered with a European power plug., 29 May 2013
Mr. G. Van der Elst (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ASUS RT-AC66U AC1750 Gigabit WLAN Router (Accessory)
This must be the easiest set up of all routers I've ever installed. Speed seems very good. Printer simply plugs into the USB port, very easy to set up after a quick download. I am not sure it's possible to have an easier install than this.
Router seems to work well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 14 Feb. 2014
This review is from: ASUS RT-AC66U AC1750 Gigabit WLAN Router (Accessory)
Looks good, seems to perform well. Currently being used in a test network, so loading is still very light - it will earn its last star later this year

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast and easy to use., 10 July 2013
Thorvaldur Sigurdsson (Reykjavik, Iceland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ASUS RT-AC66U AC1750 Gigabit WLAN Router (Accessory)
Better coverage that with other router we've tried.
Very good design. Lot of possibilites in set up.
Looking forward to the next one.

ASUS RT-AC66U AC1750 Gigabit WLAN Router