on 24 March 2013
I used to visit Haworth and the Parsonage as my mother in law was born & brought up in Howarth. The Bronte family caught my imagination. They draw you into their world effortlessly by illustrating their daily lives. They caught hold of their imaginations and used the materials surrounding them by writing every thought. So sad they lived such short lives, but their stories and history will live on. If anyone hasn't visited Haworth or the Parsonage, it is a must. Well done for reproducing this collection on Kindle. Excellent collection.
on 16 February 2013
This is amazing value. Hard to believe I can enjoy hours of superb reading so cheaply. Jane Eyre is my all time favourite novel and it's great to be re-reading it on my Kindle. I'm looking forward to trying novels not yet read too.
on 2 February 2013
It is always preferable to know more about the life of the authors. Thus one could better relive and even feel the emotions and struggles surrounding the Bronte Sisters' grand literary works. Their timeline is an entire era, their novels are classic, their style and talent are exquisite. But above all, their impact on humanity worldwide is enormous and unmatched even in the 21st century. I do recommend their books to all language students and explorers, as well as real connoisseurs.
on 9 February 2014
Although I have read books by Emily Bronte, Anne Bronte was new to me. Old classics are very drawn out but wonderful to read. Both of Anne's books have given me real pleasure and now I shall move on to Charlotte.
I have given the book this rating because it has given me so much more understanding of the period in time when the Bronte's lived.
on 28 January 2013
if anyone says they don't enjoy the Bronte Sisters I can only think that they have no taste whatsoever. They were brilliant
on 23 June 2014
This book contains everything written by the Brontes, and by everything I mean everything. There is stuff written by Patrick Bronte as well as by the three girls so calling the collection "The Bronte Sisters" is a bit of a misnoma but in spite of that it is well worth the purchase price. There is also a section on "Charlotte Bronte And Her Circle" which throws light on the people who were associated with the Bronte family and gives an insight into the sort of life they lived. this book is certainly worth getting if you have not read alll the Bronte material.
on 5 October 2011
Great gift for a lover/student of literature. Looks more expensive than it is. Lovely keepsake. Not great to study from as its so large.
on 12 February 2013
Excellent value - all the works in one inexpensive download. There is nothing fancy about this edition but all I wanted was a comprehensive volume of the Bronte family's output and this provides it.
on 12 March 2014
I enjoyed Jane Eyre which I have read many times before.I found The T ennant of Wildfell Hall very hard going and gave up half way through.Im sure it was a classic in its day,but not for me.
on 8 November 2012
As most people, I like this type of writing because it takes us back to a time when people had manners and consideration for others. As well there is no bad language, I love it.