5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it says on the tin
Turn on iPad
Configure WiFi
Use iPad
Facetime at last.
Best little gadget I've ever bought.
Published on 2 April 2013 by Doug

2.0 out of 5 stars Lots of pluses but poor battery life lets it down
I bought this three days ago as I thought it would be useful to use for WiFi in my home, with the option of taking it out and about with me when travelling etc,

The device is great in many ways: small, very easy to set up, and where I live the speed is as fast as my last broadband provider.

HOWEVER...the shocking battery life - or lack of it - is a...
Published 13 months ago by llondbol

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 18 April 2013
This review is from: Huawei E5331 Unlocked Three Wireless Modem - White (Accessory)
Worked very well with the pay as you go sim card overseas and it was surprisingly faster than expected. Well worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says, 29 Nov. 2013
it works for me ! read many reviews on this item as was needing a replacement for my broken dongle.. had temperamental signal from my dongle with o2 sim was very frustrating so when I broke it decided to look at other dongles.. tried an ee one was terrible for signal. found out about these and decided to go for unlocked so could try multiple networks. I live in a low coverage area so really please when this worked with the same o2 sim I has for my dongle, a little manoeuvring of the device around the window and picked up full signal, can finally move around the house and not lose signal. set up was simple just had to create the profile for o2. nice and small and light and simple display, yet to try multiple devices connecting to it at one time but seems to be working excellently really pleased as is first device that does what is says out of the box.. also going to try other sims but yes mine seems to be unlocked.. also need to try it outside the house but pleased so far, minimal faffing, simple to use, works well, not too expensive, received in two days even though selected 3-5 day delivery (= I would recommend as I've had device and signal trouble for so long but finally this one works !

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful device, 26 Aug. 2012
We have searched high and low for a device that would allow us access to the internet while away in our caravan, this device has enabled us to do this with a variety of devices such as phones, tablet and net book. It is easy to set up and use, just purchase your sim data card (this is an unlocked version) fit in the device connect either through your net book for multiple connections using the supplied pin or reset the device for one connection at a time. A simple cost effective device and simple to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars As fast as Home Broadband if you get the right type of card., 28 Mar. 2013
J. Swanson (Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
First I'd say that I have been using a USB dongle for my travels and found it brilliant as I don't have a decent smart phone but not that fast - certainly not really up to watching TV. However with a USB dongle you can still take phone calls and use texts, this device is purely a Mobile Router/Modem.
I bought this because I'd read that they are faster and I'm having a month in Spain with No Internet in the rented villa and my kids all wanting to keep up with homework (They say) this seemed the solution - and it is.
However when it arrived it didn't want to play ball with me. I emailed the suppliers who were excellent (TakudaCom) and immediately offered to refund me if I thought it was faulty but I was sure it was settings. So I took it to the Sure Cable & Wireless shop where I live in Guernsey because they are so SO helpful I was sure they'd fix it and they did. I now have a choice, I can use my SIM from my phone and get free data at Edge speeds, or put in the proper Data Only card they fixed me up with and I can watch Sky-Go; BBC iPlayer and everything else really well. When I get to Spain I am confident I can buy a Data PAYG SIM to see me for the month and that's just great. TIP: You can use a Blackberry or Kindle charger as they don't come with a mains charger in the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Marvel, 1 Oct. 2014
David A. Tuff "davethecine" (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
In our caravan in a not very good phone signal area in wonderful rural North Devon we can now, should we wish, run up to 8 tablets and laptops with absolutely no problems. WI Fi signal is remarkably good and there is now little computer wise that we cannot do in our holiday home in the middle of a field in Devon!!.

A wonderful item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well built and simple to setup, 23 May 2013
I bought this item to put in a cheaper pay as you go data sim whilst abroad with the family. Well made good quality product, slimline and good battery life, even comes with a nice soft case. Good quality of concise instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and easy to install, 7 Mar. 2013
As advertised, although being a 3-mobile product, it accepts other simcards if you enter the proper APN setting.
- Go to [...]
- Select the setting according to Country and Network
- Enter this info on the router's Profile Management page : Settings/Advanced settings/Profile management
Works great with the Italian Vodafone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend to Everyone, 18 May 2013
I ordered this item and soon after it was on my hands, very happy with the service.
I took it out of the box, inserted my SIM card, switched it on, my tablet picked it up straight away put the code and I was on my
way, that's how simple it is. Very happy with the item, my colleagues were so imprest even now they thinking to buy when they go on holidays. Recommend to Everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy setup, 23 Dec. 2013
This item is definitely unlocked i put in a giffgaff sim just to make sure and it works perfectly. Once my month usage is up I will use my amazon 3 sim which is also a good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Unlocked or Not unlocked that is the question to be, 22 Aug. 2013
The product it’s very good, especially if you want to connect whilst on the go and you don’t have a data contract with your phone or tablet. Signal whilst using a 3 sim is ok most of the time, however the best I have been able to get is 9.25 meg, and I cover a lot of the country in my job and have tested it in a lot of places.

And this brings me around to 3 and my subject line unlocked. When purchased & advertised it said that it was unlocked, having tried several other sim card in the unit, and have failed every time to get it to work with anything other than a 3 sim, I have had to return to using a 3 sim card.

I would like to try another network provider to see if I can get the unit up near to the advertised 21 meg (upto range).

If anybody has any suggestions or success with getting the so called unlocked Mifi to work with GiffGaff or Vodafone then please let me know along with what settings you had to change in order to get it to work.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›