5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!
I love this guy, so soulfull. This album will not disappoint you, tender, harsh, truthful, simply beautiful. Soaring music, tender lyrics a genius. There is not a bad track on it. It's got to be good because I have never reviewed anything before!
Published on 19 Jun 2012 by Mrs Debra AJ Audin

3.0 out of 5 stars Running out of steam?
I have bought, and hugely enjoyed, everything that Glen Hansard has produced but I am rather disappointed with this latest offering. Has the master songwriter run out of steam? Some of the writing is perhaps a little lazy; three of the tracks I have to skip through because they are just not doing it for me. Two of the songs are good, four are great, but as a dedicated fan...
Published on 28 July 2012 by Isaac

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BUY IT! BUY IT! BUY IT!, 19 Jun 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating!, 21 July 2012
This review is from: Rhythm And Repose [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Saturday afternoon at the Latitude festival 2012, wandered in from the campsite, let's give this guy a listen for a couple of songs. From the first notes it was wonderful.... stage persona, perfectly relaxed backing band, captivating songs, real passion. When I heard 'Low Rising', I knew the song but couldn't figure out why. Afterwards, googling Glen Hansard, of course I already own The Swell Season albums! As is the way with tiny CD's, I hadn't bothered reading the case notes too closely. Live, he is both loose and relaxed but also melodic and punchy if that makes any sense. On album he is just as captivating.
Anyway, I ordered this album (vinyl) straight away and Amazon had delivered it by the time I got home, washed off the mud and had my first shave. I am now working my way back through the Frames back catalogue and will be watching 'Once' soon. How did I get to 55 without knowing Glen Hansard's name?! Highly recommended....

5.0 out of 5 stars GENIUS, 26 Jun 2012
pete shields "axepete" (Mansfield Notts England) - See all my reviews
GLEN HANSARD - Rhythm & Repose

I have been a long time fan of Glen Hansard's.
I have all the albums by The Frames and The Swell Season - so I was extremely excited about the release of Rhythm & Repose.
I suspected, correctly, that I needn't worry whether I would love this album.
Glen Hansard is a true " Genius " of a singer / songwriter - a term which is ridiculously overused - but this fella earns the tag with his awesomely emotionally charged and delivered music.
I am not going to go through the tedious process of selecting any / or all tracks for individual critique - for this feels like a complete work.
Beautifully crafted, recorded and produced, Rhythm & Repose is THE album to teach all prospective songwriters just how high the bar has to be set.
Anyone who appreciates REAL art, should buy this sensational work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, 24 Nov 2014
S. M. Hornsby (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rhythm And Repose (Audio CD)
I have only just stumbled across this bloke by first watching the film Begin Again, Which is very good with even better music. I looked at what else the director had previously done and found the film Once. I fell in love with 'When your minds made up' which is mind blowingly awesome. And then follow that up with 'Falling Slowing' Which is even better after a few listens and almost makes my heart skip a few beats. I purchased the soundtrack to Once and also bought this which is glens first solo album and it does everything I have come to expect from this bloke. I cant believe he passed under my radar for all this time. He has an amazing voice and his song writing is truly magical. I have also purchased a CD from The Swell Season which was his project with Marketa Irglova. Highlights on this include 'Talking with the Wolves', 'High Hope' And my favourite (Along with everybody else for good reason) is 'Bird of Sorrow'. These 3 Cd's are the first I have Paid for (and I could have got them all downloaded for free!!) In a few years and I thought they are so good I just wanted to contribute to the artist for a job well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Music to fill you with joy, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Rhythm And Repose (Audio CD)
I feel such gratitute for such beautiful music from this wonderful album. It sets my creativity and heart free, and I feel truly alive. This album is about love,tenderness and strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite, 29 July 2012
This review is from: Rhythm And Repose (Audio CD)
I like all the CD's from The Frames and The Swell Season, but I was a bit scared that this solo cd would be less good. Well, I need to say that this CD has become my all time favorite. Great emotional music that you need to hear and feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glen Hanson is just brilliant, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Rhythm And Repose (Deluxe Edition) (MP3 Download)
I "discovered" Glen through the film "Once" and then just had to have more of his voice and lyrics. Fresh and exhilarating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rhythm And Repose (Audio CD)
This guy should be a global superstar. Such raw emotion and what a voice. Hard to believe he was the guitarist from the commitments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its nice, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rhythm And Repose [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Glen Hansards music, is so calm, and strong, he is one of my favorit songwriters. buy this one, you love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure Beauty, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Rhythm And Repose (Audio CD)
This has to be the album of 2012 along with Richard Hawley's "Standing at the skies edge".

This man knows how to write a love song, no doubt whatsoever. His guitar work is sublime and as someone else noted, there isn't a bad track on here.

He is like a guilty secret that not many people know about, which somehow makes it even better. Check out his previous albums too with Swell Season and The Frames, all exquisite.

If you haven't been to the West End to see the musical Once yet, then what are you waiting for, best show I have ever seen and I hate musicals. This is real music with real feeling for real music lovers, an absolute gem shining bright in a gloomy X Factor world.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›