5.0 out of 5 stars They made me do it!
Published on 14 July 2012 by James Searle

3.0 out of 5 stars HOT CHIP - IN OUR HEADS - REVIEW IN FRENCH
Cela fera bientôt dix ans que la troupe d'Alexis Taylor et Joe Goddard nous gratifie de son électro pop rythmée et insouciante. Une carrière parsemée de singles accrocheurs, dont les sons peuvent radicalement différer de l'un à l'autre. Tout en conservant une structure pop conventionnelle, Hot Chip explore de nouvelles facettes...
Published on 17 Oct 2012 by Dam

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars They made me do it!, 14 July 2012
James Searle (Los Angeles) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Our Heads (Audio CD)
It's been years since I've felt motivated to review an album, but this is simply so good I feel obliged to put finger to keyboard. I have all hot chips albums but, despite this, wouldn't describe myself as devoted fan. This is simply because with their previous albums there has always been too much average surrounding a handful of standout tracks. In our heads is the album I did not think Hot Chip were capable of making, Consistently stunning. My favourites are Flutes; Ends Of The Earth; Motion Sickness; These Chains; Let Me Be Him... I could keep going.

Don't Hesitate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Songs that will not leave your head!, 19 Sep 2012
This review is from: In Our Heads (Audio CD)
Bought 'One Life Stand'when it came out and thought it was great,but this new album is something else.Catchy,intricate synth beats form the back drop for music that will not leave your head,the fragile but spot on lyrics make it human.
Have seen the band a couple of times and the sound reproduction is perfect,do not ignore this record or band,they are about to take over the world!

4.0 out of 5 stars pleasant surprise, 24 Aug 2012
This review is from: In Our Heads (Audio CD)
I've never bought a hot chip album before but have liked the singles I'd heard. I was persuaded by the reviews to give this album a go and I'm glad I did. I listened to it several times initially on a long trip to the southwest and it made the journey considerably more fun!!! I'm not going to go through the album track by track, all I've got to say is if you are considering buying it I would recommend you do. It's a very good album and consistently good throughout, I now intend to buy previous hot chip albums which is a recommendation in itself!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just a really, really good album., 5 Aug 2012
This review is from: In Our Heads (MP3 Download)
Rarely does a band put out an album with no duff tracks! This album seems a bit lighter and more dance focused than previous - it's easy to listen to, but not in a predictable way. The balance seems to be just right with gorgeous, catchy tunes, lyrics that make you smile (do I look like a rapper?) or think, and beats that make it difficult to stay still on public transport. As I say all the tracks deserve their place on the album but I particularly rate Flutes for its generous run time and juicy helping of nostalgia.
Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky, 14 April 2013
This review is from: In Our Heads (Audio CD)
I love this CD , it's funky and each track has a differerent feel and tempo. If you like hot chip then you'll ilike this CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Chips, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: In Our Heads (Audio CD)
Brilliant album, possibly their best. Made me want to go and see them live, which was fantastic. Another pressie for the husband.

4.0 out of 5 stars One of the best albums of 2012, 18 Feb 2013
C. Watmough (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Our Heads (Audio CD)
Having not heard much material by Hot Chip prior to this release, I wasn't sure of what to expect - how could I have been so blind. This is a wonderful album, full of catchy lyrics and great music. For me it tails off in the latter half as the album draws to a close, but 'In Our Heads' is definately one of the best albums from 2012. A pleasant suprise from a band that I had up to now took little notice of!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed...., 13 Oct 2012
Stan "Mr Stanley" (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Our Heads (Audio CD)
Great talented band, bringing the fusion of a subtle, yet modern sounding techniques along with great musicians, simply makes for a some great quality music.

Seen then live 11 Oct at the o2 Academy and they were exceptional. Superb performers and great tracks. This new album is one to go for, from start to finish is billiant......

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure synth pop perfection, 16 Jun 2012
M. Kyst (Denmark) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Our Heads (Audio CD)
Surely the best effort yet from Hot Chip. It's got a wonderful retro feeling but with up to date sounds. The melodies are their best yet and I am already looking forward to their live performance. Best songs for me are Motion Sickness and Flutes; I am not too fond of Now there is nothing. All in all highly recommendable and a clear candidate for album of 2012.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot Stuff, 13 Jun 2012
Mr. Jonathon T. Beckett "vampire lover" (Dracula's Crypt) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Our Heads (Audio CD)
As good as 'In Our Heads' is, up until 'Flutes' starts its shimmering journey, it is from that track on that this album becomes a masterpiece. Beautiful melodies and funky beats combine with a synthesiser soundscape to produce audio perfection. 'Let Me Be Him' is probably the highlight of the many treats to be found here. Sublime.
Hot Chip's collective heads must have been in quite a beautiful place when they wrote this collection of songs, as it's their best album yet. I'm just not sure how they can possibly top this. I'll look forward to finding out though.
Highly recommended.