4.0 out of 5 stars Quality - in a word
Good, all round quality shoe especially useful in the winter as it has a warm sole with good grip. Takes a bit of breaking-in as the leather is quite stiff, especially in the heel area but worth it as they become really comfortable.
Published on 20 Dec 2011 by Stich

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware
I purchased these shoes thinking they were the same as the previous pair I had, they were not.

They were very tight across the bridge of the foot and on closer inspection they did not have the DM stamp on the side of the shoe and the pattern of the cells in the sole was different. They were made in Thailand and not China as the ones I already had.

I...
Published 12 months ago by M. Dunn

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware, 7 Aug 2013
M. Dunn "Miked" (Bournemouth, England) - See all my reviews

I checked on the Dr Martens website and found that there are at least two different shoes under different product codes but under the same name, these codes do not appear on the actual shoes only in the information on the Dr Marten website!

So it cost me postage to return the shoes, BEWARE the pictures shown on the amazon webpage are not of the shoe supplied!

I have just spoken to Dr Martens and product code P11839002 is the wider/longer fit, these I believe are product code P10078001 the narrow fit!

Mike

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the quality I have come to expect from Doc Martens, 17 Nov 2009
James E. Horton "Boltonfan" (Fleetwood Lancs) - See all my reviews
I have worn many pairs of Doc Martens during my days as an ambulanceman and they have been strong, sturdy and very hard wearing as well as comfortable. As soon as I took this pair out of the box I could tell they were not the same quality because of the weight. They were very light compared with the others I had worn and the sides are very thin which does not make for comfortable wearing. This is the first time I have ever ordered shoes by mail order and it will be the last. Rather try them on in the shop first.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality - in a word, 20 Dec 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as ever, 9 July 2011
Just as I remember them from my youth. Seemed to take a little longer to break in the uppers but worth persevering as once settled they are soooo comfortable. Just became an instructor so spending more time on my feet and they feel great.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dr Marten shoes., 27 Dec 2009
Ms. J. Cater "book worm" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These was very sturdy shoes to last me a lot longer then even walking boots. Took some beddinng in but are ok now will last a long while always good for walking even in the snowy conditions as they have a excellant grip on the tread area.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well received via mail, 17 May 2010
Ramon R. Concillado (Denmark) - See all my reviews
I ordered this model via Amazon, because the model via Amazon was half the price compared to an equal Doc Martin shoe in my local shoe-shop! Thumbs up for the very reasonable prices on Amazon! +++ :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Doc Marten shoes, 5 Sep 2011
Very pleased with my purchase.It arrived very quickly and the price was exceptional too.
I would definately repeat the experience

5.0 out of 5 stars Very well made & comfortable shoes, 31 Oct 2012
Having read several of the previous reviews I wasn't quite sure what to expect, so was pleasantly surprised when the delivery turned up earlier than expected which is always a good sign.

The shoes seem extremely well made - you can feel the quality of the leather and the stitching (even if they have been made in Thailand rather than in the UK) and they fit my feet perfectly. As mentioned by other users it might be a good idea to wear thick socks for the first few weeks to save the grief on the rear of your ankles whilst the shoes are bedded in. Perhaps this is something that Dr. Martens R & D dept could look into improving.

Would I recommend these Dr. Martens shoes to friends and family, well yes I would, they are comfortable to wear, are extremely well made and look very good. I'm very impressed with them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 31 July 2010
I too have bought many pairs of Doc Martens over the years and perhaps they are not the quality they once were. After having read some of the reviews, I was a little concerned about the reputation of the Thailand-made shoes and hoped that they would live up to the quality and longevity of the last pair I bought .On checking I was surprised to see that my last pair were in fact made in Thailand !!

The soles on the new pair definitely seem thinner than they used to be. They used to come with cards advertising them as having 'bouncing soles' which understandably have been dropped now.The leather uppers however do seem of good quality and should shine up nicely for years to come.

Doc's are now being made in England again and are available on the web - but at a price - [] plus postage.

Oh yes, and I agree with one of the other reviewers - they will rub the skin off your heel unless you break them in slowly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product but, 20 May 2012
Forgot how long it takes to wear in these shoes. Very uncomfortable for first few days but soon loosened up. Feel very well made and robust. Manages to avoid the 'workman' like look of many Doc Martens and so have no concerns wearing them into work in the office. Would certainly buy again.