Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

4.5 out of 5 stars1,663
Size: 1TB|Style Name: 7200RPM|Change

on 11 February 2014
I boot off an SSD and needed a HDD for storage. I didn't want to get a green because I didn't want the heads parking every 10 seconds, this is perfect for what I need. It's a 1TB Blue hard drive, it's working exactly as you'd expect! Absolutely no complaints, and there's always the great WD warranty.
on 6 April 2016
I bought 2 of these for a new build, and when they're both spinning they're the noisiest components in the system. It's not vibration, but the actual high pitched hdd whirring/hiss sound. I think I may just be used to silent SSD systems, but I'll be investing in sound dampening for my case now...
on 21 April 2015
it works as described if not better.

it was recognized by Windows 7 as soon as installed.

I am planning to buy another one to increase capacity.

I might give it 5 stars if had came with a bit more software. I am using HDD Guardian to monitor the health of my HDs.
on 1 March 2014
I bought it to replace the main drive in my PC. The old drive was over four years old and I didn't want to risk a failure. Simple replacement - just worked and has been good since. I have used WD drives a lot and find them to be reliable and nicely priced - this one appears to be just the same.
on 27 August 2014
I previously bought the Caviar Green a few days ago but sent it back to Amazon due to an annoying clicking sound which I've since read is fairly common on the Green drive. I went with the Blue and can honestly say I'm very happy with it. Its quick & silent, could not be more pleased with it.
on 5 April 2014
You cannot go wrong with western digital drives. The system picks up the drive and once mounted, you are ready to use it.
Some reviews have been a bit negative about western digital drives, but I cannot comment on other WG named drives. I've always had Caviar Blues, and will use no other.
on 15 December 2015
Very good hard drive, fast speeds along with a good amount of storage.
on 14 August 2015
Well packed by amazon,thankyou.
Its a good hd for the money.It makes little noise and stays cool.
Tried lots of makes of hd over the years;these have proven most dependable.Software at makers site to copy over your windows/games to your new hard drive for free.That's why five stars.
on 19 August 2014
Had this drive for a few months now and so far so good. Nice fast and easy to install hard drive. The cloning programme which you can and cess from their website makes it so simple to upgrade your existing drive without having to reinstall anything, not even windows has to be re registered.
Added this to a four year old computer and installed Win7 to it. Very simple installation. Just plugged in the drive and the computer (which was running Vista on another drive) recognised it straight away. OEM Win7 installed easily - so much better than Vista. The drive seems very quiet.