5.0 out of 5 stars Great drive for Icy Box or PC
Ordered this for use with an Icy Box IB-318StUS2-B. Had used a 500gb drive in the box before, but after building another PC I ended up with no spare drive. This WD Caviar Blue 1TB does the job, transfers 50gb in around 5 mins or less (video files) - great for backing up or storing music, films or TV programs to catch up on later, or anything else. All hard drives I...
Published 16 months ago by Paul.F

2.0 out of 5 stars Might have been good if it had worked
I think I got a faulty drive, my system could not recognise it at all could not even see that it existed.

Having said that, Amazon were v good with the return and refund, especially as I live in Ireland so it becomes "international" when returning anything at that point!

I did contact Western Digital customer services and although they were...
Published 15 months ago by Mr. A. Gavins

‹ Previous | 125 26 2738 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and quiet, 23 Sep 2013
This review is from: WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue (Personal Computers)
Decent price, reliable, fast and quiet.

That's about it. Windows 7 requires you to go through a bit of an obstacle course to format it but that's nothing to do with the hard drive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 21 Sep 2013
Easy installation, Maybe a bit too much memory for what I need, but then again, I'm yet to put my music folder onto my new dkestop and so it should be great in the long term!

4.0 out of 5 stars Western Digital 1TB, 20 Sep 2013
D. Pye "PY3MAN" (UK) - See all my reviews
Performs well no problems with installation.
Seemed to be reasonably priced and has a good performance.

I would reccomend to friends and use again

5.0 out of 5 stars arrived earlier than expected, 15 Sep 2013
the Hard Drive arrived two days earlier than expected, was easy to install & configured automatically with my Windows 7 disc,
my PC is now like new & plenty of storage space, the longest part of the process was obtaining all the Windows updates

5.0 out of 5 stars Western Digital 1TB internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue (3.5 inch), 14 Sep 2013
got 3 want another
good ,reliable, fast 6gbs
what to say for 50 you dont get much better
worth every penny

5.0 out of 5 stars so far so good, 11 Sep 2013
seems to do everything a hard drive does at a very good price. helped my build my ps4/xbox one beating machines

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 10 Sep 2013
Karnan (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Does the job perfectly, i use this for my gaming desktop and it's an easy installation, reads and writes data very quickly too.

4.0 out of 5 stars All good so far..., 9 Sep 2013
Greywolf (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Bought this for increased storage on my desktop. My idea was to clone Windows 7 onto it from the original, smaller hard drive. Took a while, but I learned that the best way to do this is using a free version of the Acronis True Image software downloadable from Western Digital's website at [...] Make sure you download and read the manual too before you attempt the cloning.
Cloning went fine and I now have a C: drive with plenty of room left on it. Hooray!
Incidentally, it took me another while to figure out how to alter the drive letter on the new drive to make it the C: drive. For any other similarly befuddled folk, it turns out all you have to do is swap the cables between the old and new drives.
As others have pointed out, you will need to buy a SATA cable and power cable as these are not bundled with the drive. However, as I found both for 1 on amazon, including p & p, this was hardly a problem, especially as the cables arrived within two days, a couple of days before the drive.
The drive's only been installed since yesterday, so no idea how reliable it might be, but it's working fine so far.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Drive at a Great price, 8 Sep 2013
if you are building a computer on a budget but still want high performance and reliability with loads of space then this is my drive of choice.

For 50 you can not go wrong.

If you are after something a bit better then look at the Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB drive.. I have both and would recommend the black over the blue... Especially if you are a gamer or video editor.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and well priced, 3 Sep 2013
This is a fast good reasonably cheap HDD works great and I can get about 60mb/s with it which is great for some games but I would consider getting a sad for bigger games

‹ Previous | 125 26 2738 | Next ›