5.0 out of 5 stars Great drive for Icy Box or PC
Published on 4 April 2013 by Paul.F

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE - Dodgy Amazon business practices.
Amazon are trying to palm off used drives as new use the link below to check your drive and send it back if the warranty has started before the date of purchase.

Published 2 months ago by Sonic

1.0 out of 5 stars BUYER BEWARE - Dodgy Amazon business practices., 24 Mar. 2015
This review is from: WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue (Personal Computers)

I gave Amazon the benefit of the doubt as a 2TB drive I got from them was fine. 3 times they tried to pass off a used drive as new.

Product review.
Have used these in the past as on storage or media systems. Good entry level drive that have always done the job and seemed cooler than counterparts. Would recommend just not from Amazon unless you want to take a crap shoot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great drive for Icy Box or PC, 4 April 2013
Ordered this for use with an Icy Box IB-318StUS2-B. Had used a 500gb drive in the box before, but after building another PC I ended up with no spare drive. This WD Caviar Blue 1TB does the job, transfers 50gb in around 5 mins or less (video files) - great for backing up or storing music, films or TV programs to catch up on later, or anything else. All hard drives I have purchased in the last 3 years have been WD Caviar Blue, with no issues at all, so I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 27 July 2013
arrived quickly, easy to install, holds 1tb of data, has not exploded and killed my family. Until I've had it a few years can't speak to the reliability.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for a second Drive for a Gaming Rig, That's what mine is used for, 5 July 2013
Does the job black WD HHD probably would of been best as there a little faster i believe but as this was cheap priced at £49.99 i couldn't really argue with that. My games run fine with it and most of my games are with steam so steam is installed on this drive so I'm happy with it but as people have already mentioned it will probably be my last HHD due to the SSD dropping slowly in price so i will invest in something like that in the near later future. But as for now my 120gb SSD for boot and programs and HHD for Games and larger programs.

A Note for new builders Remember to go through a New volume setup and then format the hard drive.
type this in the search bar diskmgmt.msc for windows 7 users probably same for windows 8 and other OS your see the drives in there and just right click on the new drive and your see what you got to do from there as stated above. Hope this helps non experienced people

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent drive. Bargain at £39.99., 17 Nov. 2014
I purchased this as a second storage drive to store games, and I have to say that I'm extremely satisfied with it. The drive was packaged in dual boxes which contained padding. The drive is installed in my mini-ITX system (Hadron Air) and I noticed how silent this drive is, all I can hear is a slight audible "hum" when the drive is operating. My old Seagate drive, which is dead now, mind you, used to shake the whole desk! I noticed that this drive is lightweight, thinner (compared to my Seagate) and it seems to keep up the pace when gaming as I've not any slowdowns or lag in games. I don't think I'll ever go back to using Seagate drives.

4.0 out of 5 stars Western Digital 1t internal hard drive, 7 Dec. 2013
I just want to inform people who may be like me and not computer 'savvy'.
I thought I would just connect the new hard drive inside my computer and then switch it on and the new drive would appear under 'my computer' Unfortunately, whilst it showed up in disk management, it didn't appear under 'my computer'. What I had to do was initialize it first then format it into NTFS files. Probably everybody who has wrote a review was aware of this but I didn't and this review is for people like me!!
It quite straight forward though, however I did read a good article on how to do it at 'pc supportabout .com'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Performance, 2 Dec. 2012
Rob (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
Hard to review a basic part of your computer. Upgraded storage from a WD 500Gb drive to this 1Tb version. Easily installed, worked well once installed with slightly improved performance from the previous drive no doubt due to larger cache. Would recommend the reliability I have experienced with WD drives.

5.0 out of 5 stars decent cheap drive, 18 May 2013
im using this as a boot drive in a budget build and it does a good job, you cant use a wd green as boot its too slow, but if you want better speeds go with a wd black or an ssd

5.0 out of 5 stars Drive Hard, 24 May 2013
Took a chance.
It arrived within a few days - perfectly wrapped, a box within a box all carefully padded.
Cloned W7 across to it in 20 minutes - no problems
CrystalDiskMark3 showed it was 5 times faster than my previous WD600GB drive
Started using it and it has given me a much more responsive PC, I love it!
It is near silent and access is so quick, files and apps load so quickly.
I won't need a new PC for at least a couple of years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing negative to report, 24 July 2013
The drive arrived promptly and well packaged. I put it to use immediately with no major difficulties, and found it perfectly fast for all my needs (though I still have my OS installed on a smaller SSD). I also can't hear it over my PSU, so it can't be making very much noise at all!

Reviews are much easier to write when there's something extraordinary to say, but here my lack of commentary should definitely inspire confidence.

WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue