5.0 out of 5 stars imac upgrade
Installed this as a replacement for my original imac drive. Very impressed with the speed and quietness of this drive. Been using it for about a month and all is good.
Published 15 months ago by Mr. S. Haynes

2.0 out of 5 stars Might have been good if it had worked
I think I got a faulty drive, my system could not recognise it at all could not even see that it existed.

Having said that, Amazon were v good with the return and refund, especially as I live in Ireland so it becomes "international" when returning anything at that point!

I did contact Western Digital customer services and although they were...
Published 10 months ago by Mr. A. Gavins

5.0 out of 5 stars imac upgrade, 21 Jan 2013
Mr. S. Haynes (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: WD 1TB 3.5 inch Internal Hard Drive - Caviar Blue (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 27 July 2013
arrived quickly, easy to install, holds 1tb of data, has not exploded and killed my family. Until I've had it a few years can't speak to the reliability.

5.0 out of 5 stars decent cheap drive, 18 May 2013
im using this as a boot drive in a budget build and it does a good job, you cant use a wd green as boot its too slow, but if you want better speeds go with a wd black or an ssd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great drive for Icy Box or PC, 4 April 2013
Ordered this for use with an Icy Box IB-318StUS2-B. Had used a 500gb drive in the box before, but after building another PC I ended up with no spare drive. This WD Caviar Blue 1TB does the job, transfers 50gb in around 5 mins or less (video files) - great for backing up or storing music, films or TV programs to catch up on later, or anything else. All hard drives I have purchased in the last 3 years have been WD Caviar Blue, with no issues at all, so I highly recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, remember to purchase the wires too!, 22 Aug 2013
I am not an IT wizkid but just to say that this product does exactly what it says. I am using it as a drive for all my games and so far, so good.

Just something to state, this may be common knowledge in the IT world (but to me it wasn't!) but it turns out you need to buy a SATA cable and something else, I forgot the name of, to hook this up in your machine. I am posting this as I think it may be useful for someone else, like myself, who did not realise this at the time of purchase as I assumed all the necessary wires would be supplied!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good drive, 3 May 2013
Mrs. Samantha Rushe (Monaghan, Ireland) - See all my reviews
Excellent drive, easy to install (would be great if they provided screws, but hey you can't have evrything!). Works great and excellent storage capacity. Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drive Hard, 24 May 2013
Took a chance.
It arrived within a few days - perfectly wrapped, a box within a box all carefully padded.
Cloned W7 across to it in 20 minutes - no problems
CrystalDiskMark3 showed it was 5 times faster than my previous WD600GB drive
Started using it and it has given me a much more responsive PC, I love it!
It is near silent and access is so quick, files and apps load so quickly.
I won't need a new PC for at least a couple of years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Performance, 2 Dec 2012
Rob (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
Hard to review a basic part of your computer. Upgraded storage from a WD 500Gb drive to this 1Tb version. Easily installed, worked well once installed with slightly improved performance from the previous drive no doubt due to larger cache. Would recommend the reliability I have experienced with WD drives.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for a second Drive for a Gaming Rig, That's what mine is used for, 5 July 2013
Does the job black WD HHD probably would of been best as there a little faster i believe but as this was cheap priced at 49.99 i couldn't really argue with that. My games run fine with it and most of my games are with steam so steam is installed on this drive so I'm happy with it but as people have already mentioned it will probably be my last HHD due to the SSD dropping slowly in price so i will invest in something like that in the near later future. But as for now my 120gb SSD for boot and programs and HHD for Games and larger programs.

A Note for new builders Remember to go through a New volume setup and then format the hard drive.
type this in the search bar diskmgmt.msc for windows 7 users probably same for windows 8 and other OS your see the drives in there and just right click on the new drive and your see what you got to do from there as stated above. Hope this helps non experienced people

4.0 out of 5 stars Western Digital 1t internal hard drive, 7 Dec 2013
I just want to inform people who may be like me and not computer 'savvy'.
I thought I would just connect the new hard drive inside my computer and then switch it on and the new drive would appear under 'my computer' Unfortunately, whilst it showed up in disk management, it didn't appear under 'my computer'. What I had to do was initialize it first then format it into NTFS files. Probably everybody who has wrote a review was aware of this but I didn't and this review is for people like me!!
It quite straight forward though, however I did read a good article on how to do it at 'pc supportabout .com'.

ARRAY(0xb2e9e4bc)