on 13 April 2013
Dives straight in without boring you to death or getting too hung up on dates. Provides a great springboard into more detailed reading with an excellent appendix.
on 7 March 2013
This book was just like the text books we used in the late 1950's, no embelishements or stories to emphasize the points being made. Just the bare facts.
on 25 June 2014
Thrilling read so informative I read this in the middle of the night when I was suffering two broken legs and a broken arm .Absolutely loved it.
on 16 April 2013
I really enjoyed this read very informative andf enjoyable I shall probably look for more booksby this author.Very good and an excellent read
on 25 February 2014
I enjoyed this short read.These history in an hour books are great short sweet little gems of knowledge about periods of history.love it.
on 20 July 2013
Great book very interesting. It goes into a lot of detail and puts in the most important facts about the civil war in England
on 30 January 2013
Gives an overview and makes you want to go and pursue more detailed sources. Notes are quite well organised and interesting.
on 19 April 2014
I would recommend this as being the perfect book to give you an overview of the time or as an aide-memoire.
on 12 November 2014
A good summary, will buy "in an hour" books again
on 1 November 2015
A good read, Basic but you can delve in deeper