5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first!
Published on 19 July 2012 by SMoakes

3.0 out of 5 stars A whole book that seemed to go no where!
I'm not sure about this series, the enstallment was good but never seemed to get going. Its the end and you haven't answered any questions posed
Published 13 months ago by OneCatEvil

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the first!, 19 July 2012
This review is from: Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This book was as good as, if not better than the first and I finished it from cover to finish in one sitting because I couldn't put it down, it's been a rollercoaster of a ride and my emotions are all over the place. I was immediately thrown back into the action and questions from the end of the first book were established again within the first few pages, so it was easy to get right back into the heart of the story. Sorensen is an amazing storyteller and her ability to mix glimpses of the past with the fast moving action of the present if truly remarkable, she uses every word carefully, never wasting a moment and each chapter propels the story forward.

The thing I loved the most about this book? Sylas. If you know the series then you know we meet him briefly towards the end of the first book. From the first glimpse I knew I wouldn't be satisfied until I knew everything there was to know about him and although I still have a hundred more questions I haven't been disappointed. It is great to see the relationship between Sylas and Kayla develop and some of his walls begin to come down but what surprised me the most was that when Kayla's memories begin to resurface it's more about Sylas than Aiden despite what Aiden's had her believe from the beginning.

I was surprised to find that my opinion of Aiden changed completely in this book, originally I thought he was sweet if not a bit too sensitive but now I have this sense that there's more he's hiding from Kayla and his treatment of her is starting to grate on me. It's one of the things I don't understand about her, she is a strong independent woman and yet she still allows Aiden to put her in a position that delays her in completing her task. The one question I want answered about him, why doesn't he want Kayla to change the world? I was also glad to have more of an insight into Ryder and her true feelings towards the brothers, I never expected to find out that she was a key player in the story and that's what I love about Sorensen, she never fails to surprise me.

I can't wait to read the next book because I'm hoping there will be a more in depth look into the mind of Monarch and exactly what his plan is and whether he truly has lost all of his humanity, I want to know who's side he's on and if Kayla will finally accept the truth about him- that he isn't the person she thought her was. The one question I can't wait to have answered and I'm sure Kayla can't wait either is how did the virus spread?

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkness Breaks (darkness falls series, book 2), 20 Sep 2012
This review is from: Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Have read a few of the authors previous series (fallen star etc) and found them great reads, but this series in particular i found an amazing read! could not put it down! must have read them both in the space of a couple of days! definately cant wait for the 3rd book in the series to come out! i love that these books are set in a totally different time than any of the other books the author has done recently, and that there is just so much involved in Kayla's world, you dont know where the story is leading to next. the only down side for me was the fact that you knew what was coming everytime night came (the vampires) and it got quite repetitive in those instances. But i definately cant wait to see how kayla and sylas's relationship unfolds! great read and eagerly awaiting the next installment to the series!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best read in a long time!, 29 April 2013
This review is from: Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Having read the 1st book in 2 days, I just HAD to read the next one straight away!!! I wasn't disappointed. The plot thickens and the questions grow!!!! I can't wait for the final book! :) x

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT BOOK, 22 April 2013
J. C. Cohen "Jenny" (United KIngdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This was a brilliant and cannot -put- it- down book. Have been trying everywhere to get the next book (Book 3). Please help this was supposed to be out in Autumn 2012 but have been unable to find it anywhere. Brilliant Author and very well written gripping story. I have read all of the Darkness Falls Series up until now and really do want to read the 3rd book when I can get hold of it. Preferably in Kindle version.

5.0 out of 5 stars where is the next one!!!, 7 April 2013
This review is from: Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
i just carnt find the next one even tho it says it should of been out at the end of 2012!!!! so can't wait to find it!

4.0 out of 5 stars darkness breaks, 28 Nov 2012
This review is from: Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
enjoyed book 2 in this series.looking forward 2 reading book 3.the story continues from book 1 and couldnt put it down.a ggod read.

5.0 out of 5 stars The covers all look great., 15 Jan 2014
Nicholas Reardon "Consultant (Publishing & To... (Cheltenham,England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I have just finished all three books in the Darkness Falls series and what I think is most important to pass on it is that you have to read all three, it is a trilogy so just reading the first is pointless as all you will be is confused.

The covers all look great.

No. 1. Darkness Falls
A very different sort of vampire story and by the end of book one you will not have the faintest idea of what is going on.

No. 2. Darkness Breaks
By the time you get to book two the story opens up and hints are given as where the story is leading the reader.

No. 3. Darkness Fades
And this is what you are waiting for as at last everything all comes together with a great ending.

Yes a very different and refreshing new take on vampires, I can not say everyone will like it but I did.

4.0 out of 5 stars great story but errors, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Loved the story & actually loved the fact that it came in 3 books & there was a mini cliff hanger at the end of the first 2. I would have given it 5* if ir hadn't have been for spelling mistakes & grammatical errors.

3.0 out of 5 stars A whole book that seemed to go no where!, 29 Oct 2013
OneCatEvil (Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Darkness Breaks, 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Thought this was a good continuation of book 1. I've not read vampire type books before so wasn't expecting much - cant wait for book 3 on kindle!

Darkness Breaks (Darkness Falls  Book 2)