Shop now Shop Clothing clo_fly_aw15_NA_shoes Shop All Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Learn More Shop now Shop Fire HD 6 Shop Kindle Paperwhite Shop now Shop Now Shop now

Under Armour Dynasty Heatgear Vented Compression Men's Shorts - White, S
Size: SmallColour: Black/WhiteChange
Price:£15.68+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 24 December 2011
I've tried several brands and types of underpants in an attempt to avoid the onset of Betty Swallock Syndrome and these are the closest I have come to alieviating this condition. I've worn them in the Middle East as conventional underpants and I've used them as undershorts whilst exercising. They work. They're durable. They're sensibly priced. All in all, a wholehearted endorsement.
on 25 February 2015
"Innovative Sonic HeatGear® fabric is the evolution of compression garment, first-class 4-way stretch; seams, which have been stuck for increased comfort; odor-resistant, elastic waistband for a secure and comfortable fit; Inseam: 7 in (inch)"

Please. I' am surprised if anyone would call this a product description. You could think UNDER ARMOUR would like to wrap the cloak of silence about this product. Why only?
This UNDER ARMOUR "Men Compression Shorts HeatGear® Dynasty Vented (15 cm)," ( the official name ) is a very versatile functional shorts. A premium product. In the US, no one knows these shorts, at least by this name. In Canada, there is a shorts that's called "Men's UA Hockey Grippy Compression Shorts W / Cup" and it's possible that our "Dynasty"-shorts is an offshoot of that. What is so special about these shorts? Why such a fuss? ( Amazon took minute care over the review. )

It's pretty laughable or at least for some it is'nt. These shorts have sewn a finely woven mesh fabric ( as you probably know from your running shoes) in place of the crotch. The genitals and buttocks shimmer slightly through. But this happens only when you order this shorts too small. Normally, you have to illuminate the crotch to see something. It is similar to a net curtain . The closer you get, the better the view. And since you normally put on a shirt or hoodie and pull it over this shorts, I can give you the all-clear.
These shorts deserves a chance. Yes, it is "very, very UHSEful"- I apologize for the little pun, but it is really versatile.

The Canadian version might already have given you an indication of the real reason for this mesh fabric. The shorts were primarily developed for athletes who wear a jockstrap while performing their sport. Jockstraps are supposed to wear usually above the normal underwear. Since the times of the cotton panties come hopefully soon to an end and are a thing of the past, this gap should be filled with functional underwear, that is breathable and due to compression garment is all the fashion, here it is - the "Dynasty".

If you're wondering why it had to be a net-like fabric, I can only give you this answer: HYGIENE. Hygiene has'nt only to do with cleanliness or neatness, but it has here especially an health aspect.
Suspensories (US jockstrap) protect the male genitals from blunt trauma. They sit relatively close to the body and in order to avoid skin irritation, they are worn over the underwear. Then the athlets put on their sportswear. Without the net crotch there would be three layers fabric and ventilation (cooling) of the genitals is almost impossible.
Profuse sweating in the crotch is not only uncomfortable, but also a sign of overheating. This can lead to health problems and caution is advised. This review is not the place to speak about it in more detail (Review Guidelines), but I recommend the internet to research on your own.

Can I use these shorts without wearing a jockstrap? And why? There are a lot of other compression shorts as this.
Here is another potential use of the shorts.
Many of my friends don't wear running tights because of various reasons. Some like their old baggy sweat pants and the other one's their shorts, but some want compression regardless. They put compression stockings on for years, with pants there was no comfortable way. Now there is.
You can put on this "Dynasty" -shorts. First it is a prima underwear, second it is compression (albeit moderately) and third your genitals are well ventilated. Moisture can better be transported off your skin. You put on your sweat pants over it and off you go !

And there is a third possibility. You can wear the shorts along with only a shirt, in the heat. Put on a sufficiently long functional shirt (I recommend you an UA fitted shirt and no compression shirt). It is enough when you can pull it to the abductors. No one will see anything. One would have to look at the crotch from below.
When there is an heat wave, it is a welcome alternative to short running tights. No annoying pinching or itching and a cooling dip in the nearby lake is possible too. The shorts is dry almost immediately.

Why I give only 3 stars? The compression can be described as "moderate", which is excusable because of the mesh insert. The elastic waistband of rubbery fabric is pretty tight and disturbing to sensitive people. The same with the thigh cuffs of the shorts legs. This could, however, be avoided if UNDER ARMOUR would have chosen the inseam 20 cm instead of 15 cm. These shorts are supposed to be a compression shorts, not a Boxer Briefs.
This is for me anyway, two serious cons in my personal review of this shorts. Who can ignore these facts, should purchase this shorts for spring / summer.

About choice of size. To this end, I spoke at length in my review for "Men's cotton hoodie UNDER ARMOUR Rival Storm". If you want to do without compression, I recommend to buy this shorts one size larger than your usual size. The waistband does not cut in much and when you wear jeans, this shorts is a first class underwear also.

For care: You have probably read in the above product description: "seams, which have been stuck for increased comfort." This means that your washing-machine has been ruled out. Wash the shorts in lukewarm water, use perhaps a little soap, brush soiled areas gently and then rinse with clear water. This does not take much time and prevents loosening of the stuck seams. Many of you know probably stuck seams from your running shoes and some of them carry the stinker to the washing machine. Short laundry and 30 to 40 ° C water temperature. You don't do the mesh fabric of your running shoes and its stuck seams, however, any favours. Handiwork is the word !
on 14 May 2009
Putting aside the all-important choice of running shoes, I name these as my best lower-half running purchase. Although finishing above the knee, I am not really troubled by calf issues when I run in these and they fit well, too. With a mesh crotch area (ventilation?) they are not really designed for outer use but fit well under shorts like footballers do. They do get hot - or you will in them - but not excessively so and I would say that they help my running performance and injury prevention. I don't have another make of compression shorts to compare them to but they are far, far better than my 3/4, capri-style run tights that ride up and worse; are shiny. These stay in place and work.
on 12 August 2013
Great for keeping the muscle warm as I had a torn hamstring that continues to 'play up' and these do make a difference.
on 20 December 2012
I bought these for my boyfriend and they were just what he needed. He wears them for football and they are a good fit and keep him warm too!
on 18 September 2011
this product was very good quality and as discribed in the advert. I would definately buy other products from this range.
on 30 April 2013
I have bought several pairs of these because they are so comfortable and perfect for the gym (under shorts, of course!)
on 16 April 2015
Good product, Bad sizing!

Small on these shorts is NOT the same as small in their other range for some very strange reason? The waist on these are TINY!
Other Under Armour small size compression shorts I have had in the past and purchased recently are a larger more normal size for small and fit perfectly.
Be prepared to change for the next size up.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
The product is excellent for giving some support and keeping you warm but allowing skin to breath. However I use them for golf and found after first use some wear round about back pocket region. Must be from putting hand into back pocket to use scorecard, etc. Material obviously very thin so could be a problem with quick wear and a hole! But overall good value.
on 2 April 2014
I use Under Armour compression gear and the UA boxer shorts when exercising. I take a size medium and ordered likewise in these shorts. However these are more like a small. So beware when you order on line you know your size.

Apart from that the shorts are good qualuty as usual from Unber Armour.