TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 February 2015
I never realised that there was a difference between USB cables. I thought it was just a marketing pitch when the phone and other product user guides made the point that I should the supplied charger and cable. Apart from variations in design and build quality I thought they were all essentially the same. How wrong I was.

I notices that my LG Nexus 5 UK Smartphone - Black (16GB) was gradually losing battery power when in the car even though it was plugged into a high power charger. Investigating further I then read that there were different classifications of USB cable with different charging rates.

In the past I would never have dreamed of paying this sort of a price for a USB cable, 99p is usually my mark, but I paid out for this one and am very glad I did. Now my phone charges in the car even with all radios on and the screen on 100%.

As to the cable itself, it is thicker and better built than the run of the mill type, as you might expect, and has a usefull identifying label on the end so you don't confuse it with standard data cables. A nice touch.

It's worth paying more for a good product and I have now ordered two more.

Recommended.
on 24 January 2014
This product seems like a life saver for all those power guzzling devices. And if you're lucky, it will be. The problem is the micro USB connector is a pain to stay put because the fins that hold it in place are ridiculously tiny specially for such a bulky design. This means that even though it will charge faster than usual you will be very lucky if it will manage to get a full battery before it randomly disconnects midway through.

Used it on my Nexus 7 and a friend's HTC One

UPDATE: The micro USB plug literally came apart after a single month. Buy at your own risk, I do not recommend at all.
77 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 June 2014
I does what it says it will do and allow charging at 2A. However, users must realize that the lead is just one link in the charging chain. You need a suitably powered charger, a device with a battery that can be charged at the higher rate, and a device with a micro USB port that is also suitable. Get any one of these wrong and you'll just charge at the minimum rate.
on 1 December 2013
The original cables supplied with both my wife's and my own Nexus 7 tablets ceased before long to function properly - one wouldn't work at all and the other charged so slowly as to be useless. These replacement cables are excellent - my tablet went from completely flat to fully charged in less than 3 hours. NB: they don't work for data transfer (that's on purpose) but for their intended job of just charging, they are perfect. So far there has been no evidence of weakness or fragility at the little end, as mentioned by some reviewers, but we're keeping a careful eye on that. Overall highly satisfactory.
on 20 June 2013
I've read a few reviews here which say this cable is snake-oil. I'm here to rebuke those claims!

I recently purchased a 2A ThinCharger (ASIN B008A5DC6G) but found that it would only charge my Motorola RAZR i (XT890) at the slower USB (500mA) rate. You can tell this because the device shows "Charging (USB)" in the battery settings. I tried a variety of USB cables with this charger but they all resulted in the same slow charging. I had heard previously that shorting certain pins on the USB cable would force the device to use the higher speed charging mode, but I didn't want to fiddle around with that and so ordered this cable instead.

I can categorically confirm that when I use this special cable my RAZR i charges much faster and the battery settings show "Charging (AC)". So it does make a difference, although presumably this only applies to those devices which were previously charging at the slower USB rate.

For me then this cable does everything it promises.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 February 2014
I've gone through a lot of micro-usb charging cables, most have developed faults or simply been lost. This one, I'll be holding on to tightly.

Let me start off by saying this is not a USB data cable - so don't expect to be able to plug it into your computer to do anything but charge your phone/tablet etc.

It's nice and long, well made and charges at full speed.

The ends are nice and sturdy and a really nice fit on my HTC One, Three MiFi, Motorola Xoom 2 etc.

Forget the cheap 99p kind of charging cable as they'll only let you down - save money in the long run and go for this one!

==========
Update April 2014

Unfortunately the two pins that lock the cable into your device have become permanently stuck down. Whilst the cable still charges, it is a shame that I have to be sure to fold it under the device to ensure it stays in place.
I have ordered another one as these things do sometimes happen and I've largely been impressed with it.
on 22 May 2013
#Update July 2013
One of the 4 I bought suddenly stopped working in the car-my S3 shows it is charging, but its not.Swapped over for another one, and it started charging again.I will be keeping an eye on the other ones, as this cable didn't get heavy use.

For a fiver, these are great.The thicker wire used for powering (24AWG) has reduced the charging time of my Nexus 7 from about 12 hours to 3 hours (using an Apple 2A charger). I ordered 3 of them, and the other ones I have put in the car-I can see the difference there as well-a 20 min drive, off a 1A charger, gives me about 10-15%.Before, it just kept the phone/Nexus 7 at the same charge as when I left the house. Have ordered another 3 of them, I am so happy with them.One thing, there is no marking on the cable so do as I did, and put some electrical tape around them, so you know them from the "normal" ones.
on 4 February 2014
These cables do exactly what they are supposed to do, and deliver a higher Amp charge to devices. 1 bent at the micro USB plug despite no undue dropping or force. 2 more have now stopped delivering a charge and have no visible damage to them, and are only around 6 weeks old.

These cables are very weak, and sadly do not hold up to daily use. I would not recommned them or the expense (they are expensive for a USB cable).
on 2 February 2014
The original power lead supplied with my Nexus 7 is way to short this replacement overcomes that being a decent length with good charge times
on 3 September 2014
I bought two of these and have been unimpressed. The micro USB plug is quite long and doesn't fit snugly in a Galaxy S4. After a few months of in-car use one cable completely stopped working and the connection on the other became fairly temperamental. A passenger needs to hold the phone very still in a particular position in order to maintain the connection.