5.0 out of 5 stars Class act
Does everything it says on the tin very well,best cold weather base layer available.Buy 1 size larger than ur norm though as they are a tight fit and 1 size up will fit you perfect.Itook this advise and it fits perfect.Lifa and merino,great combo even better than merino only and much cheaper.Dont know about £55 rrp but if you can get it cheaper a v-good buy indeed..
Published on 13 Nov. 2010 by johntmma

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for cold days
This product was not as warm as I had hoped for but is good enough for slightly chilly days. It is fairly good for warmish days wicking away the sweat though.
Published 15 months ago by Geoffrey John Stewart

5.0 out of 5 stars Class act, 13 Nov. 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Top in tops, 4 Nov. 2011
I will be getting at least another one of these as I don`t want to ever take it off because it is so good. It has kept me as warm as three t-shirts would, but this is far more comfortable, breathable and non sweaty. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and functionality, 10 April 2013
I now have four of these Helly Hansen warm freeze tops in different colours. I previously bought Craft baselayers and was very happy with them until I bought my first Warm Freeze and I have hardly worn my Craft baselayers since. The quality is superb and although the merino outer layer is bonded to a synthetic Lifa inner layer there are none of the odours that are so often associated with synthetic baselayers after a day of physical exercise. The tops run slightly small compared to my Craft baselayers so I had to move up from L to XL (I'm 195cm tall with a 110 cm chest) but the arms and back are long enough for my 6ft 5" frame and the neck fits very neatly (I normaly wear a 16.5 neck in a shirt) . During the past couple of very cold, dry months here in Scotland I have worn this top plus a gillet while running or cycling and have never felt cold plus any sweat just seems to disappear. Very highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic base layer, 8 Nov. 2014
Fantastic base layer. The merino wool keeps you warm as toast. I walk in it and play golf in in it. When my playing partners are all wearing 3 layers including wind-stoppers I just have my base layer and a lambs wool pullover. I am trekking Kilimanjaro in January (2015) and I'm sure it will serve me well as my base layer on the mountain. Also got it on an offer so it was cheap so much so I bought 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very nice top, 4 Sept. 2013
Mr. A. P. Bryant (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Helly Hansen Men's HH Warm Freeze 1/2 Zip Thermal Baselayer Top (Sports)
I do a lot of winter photography, so getting the combination of clothes in cold conditions is a must. I have a good fleece and just got a North Face Nuptse 2 down Jacket(I was using a Gelit last year), I just wanted to sort out a good base layer. After ALOT of research and recommendations from people at work, the Helly Hansen was the one to get.

I'm a well built 6ft 4inch chap, so I went for a XXL size. It fits spot on for me, the length and arm length is great and its NOT tight, but figure hugging as its supposed to be.

VERY happy with the top.

I'm even thinking about getting the Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Warm Pant for £42 to complete my clothing set up for this up and coming winter

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable & Warm, 30 Jan. 2012
The Helly Hansen 'Lifa Warm' top, is a well made garment to be expected from the Helly Hansen range. You certainly notice the difference from the HH 'Lifa Dry' when it comes to warmth, this makes the perfect cold weather base layer. No sweating due its breathability, and no prolems with washing as long as you dont wash over 40c - it is wool after all! As for size, get a size larger than you would for the 'Life Dry' range, I use a Medium in 'Lifa Dry', and found this top in Large to be the same snug feel that i am comortable with - only exception is that this will not stretch as much, not a problems for me, but if youre larger then you may need a 2 size difference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cycle top for me, 9 Oct. 2013
I choose this item for warmth and style. It's so comfortable to wear and washes well. There is nothing I dislike about the top and I have already recommended it to my family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 26 Oct. 2010
J K (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these along with a HH Lifa Warm crew. The fit is the same, so this is just as comfortable, with the added benefit of being able to zip down when entering a hot room and have the option for neck coverage when it is really cold.

The Merino wool is soft to the touch, and the top is very good at both keeping me warm and dry. The wicking performance is comparable to the Lifa Dry range. This is a god send for riding my motorcycle into work each day, especially in Winter.

I was more than comfortable going for a jog in just this when it was 4 degrees outside. Being both warm and dry when I got back.

Speedy service from Amazon (Prime) as always.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Baselayer, 20 Mar. 2014
I got this HH as a lightweight, warm, baselayer for the open spaces where I do a lot of winter walking. Although here in UK we have not had a very cold winter, the wind on some days is giving well below -0c in open spaces, especially on high ground.

I bought one size larger than I normaly wear based on some feedback comments and this fitted me very well. The warm freeze is an excellent warm & comfortable baselayer next to the skin, its very lightweight & non bulky below a windproof down jacket & even on the coldest windiest days it has kept me completly warm & very comfortable. Best cold weather baselayer I have ever bought.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for cold days, 15 Dec. 2013