5.0 out of 5 stars Class act
Does everything it says on the tin very well,best cold weather base layer available.Buy 1 size larger than ur norm though as they are a tight fit and 1 size up will fit you perfect.Itook this advise and it fits perfect.Lifa and merino,great combo even better than merino only and much cheaper.Dont know about 55 rrp but if you can get it cheaper a v-good buy indeed..
Published on 13 Nov 2010 by johntmma

3.0 out of 5 stars Helly Hansen Lifa Warm
Very warm and the high neck is a big bonus. The only downside is the big seams holding the arms on which go directly under the armpit and a little uncomfortable
Published on 29 April 2011 by Victor-74

5.0 out of 5 stars Class act, 13 Nov 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Top in tops, 4 Nov 2011
I will be getting at least another one of these as I don`t want to ever take it off because it is so good. It has kept me as warm as three t-shirts would, but this is far more comfortable, breathable and non sweaty. 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Best cycle top for me, 9 Oct 2013
I choose this item for warmth and style. It's so comfortable to wear and washes well. There is nothing I dislike about the top and I have already recommended it to my family and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very nice top, 4 Sep 2013
Mr. A. P. Bryant (UK) - See all my reviews
I do a lot of winter photography, so getting the combination of clothes in cold conditions is a must. I have a good fleece and just got a North Face Nuptse 2 down Jacket(I was using a Gelit last year), I just wanted to sort out a good base layer. After ALOT of research and recommendations from people at work, the Helly Hansen was the one to get.

I'm a well built 6ft 4inch chap, so I went for a XXL size. It fits spot on for me, the length and arm length is great and its NOT tight, but figure hugging as its supposed to be.

VERY happy with the top.

I'm even thinking about getting the Helly Hansen Mens Lifa Warm Pant for 42 to complete my clothing set up for this up and coming winter

5.0 out of 5 stars Style and functionality, 10 April 2013
I now have four of these Helly Hansen warm freeze tops in different colours. I previously bought Craft baselayers and was very happy with them until I bought my first Warm Freeze and I have hardly worn my Craft baselayers since. The quality is superb and although the merino outer layer is bonded to a synthetic Lifa inner layer there are none of the odours that are so often associated with synthetic baselayers after a day of physical exercise. The tops run slightly small compared to my Craft baselayers so I had to move up from L to XL (I'm 195cm tall with a 110 cm chest) but the arms and back are long enough for my 6ft 5" frame and the neck fits very neatly (I normaly wear a 16.5 neck in a shirt) . During the past couple of very cold, dry months here in Scotland I have worn this top plus a gillet while running or cycling and have never felt cold plus any sweat just seems to disappear. Very highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable & Warm, 30 Jan 2012
The Helly Hansen 'Lifa Warm' top, is a well made garment to be expected from the Helly Hansen range. You certainly notice the difference from the HH 'Lifa Dry' when it comes to warmth, this makes the perfect cold weather base layer. No sweating due its breathability, and no prolems with washing as long as you dont wash over 40c - it is wool after all! As for size, get a size larger than you would for the 'Life Dry' range, I use a Medium in 'Lifa Dry', and found this top in Large to be the same snug feel that i am comortable with - only exception is that this will not stretch as much, not a problems for me, but if youre larger then you may need a 2 size difference.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 7 Jan 2012
As my Occupation involves a significant amount of outdoor work I found this a great piece of clothing, like most Base Layers it is quite a tight fit so be careful on the sizing & attempt a fitting first in order to get it right, Overal very impressed with HH Warm Freeze & recommend to others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Helly Hansen Lifa Warm, 29 April 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 11 May 2014
Mainly used for mountain biking under a shell, and does an excellent job although on coldest days need a ghood windproof layer over chest. The Lifa mix seems to make it less itchy that pure merino, if you usually notice that. Collar a little tight but I find others tighter. I use a medium and tend to be a medium in most tops. Merino helps prevent it getting too smelly, as you'd expect. Highly recommended, especially if you can find a deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifa Warm Freeze., 7 May 2014
Have this since January only wear it at weekends, have different ones for work. Was going to order the medium one, but went for the large one instead and it was a good choice, because the medium would have been to small.
The large size is just perfect not to tight, the only thing that I find annoying is when you zip it up fully, is that little lump under your chin, so must times it's left open a little.

The worst thing is when you have it on for a while you don't want to take it off.