These are very warm, very snug and highly-wicking baselayer tops. They perform well, are hard-wearing, don't shrink when machine washed (40deg), last for years and there is no 'itch' from the merino wool. Thanks to the Lifa lining they wick much more effectively than merino alone but benefit from the merino outer - ie they combine the best of both materials.

The only issue I had is related to the sizing. Normally I wear a small in the Helly Hansen range but the exception is in this specific design with the 1/2 zip where even the medium is a tight fit. The usual small size was not only skin-tight but also most uncomfortably constrictive and I felt the fabric stretch even in order to breath! The medium is a close fit but comfortable. For anyone ordering this style, I recommend ordering one size larger than normal for a close, skin-touching fit or two sizes larger for a looser fit.

See my uploaded photos illustrating the size difference between three different designs, ie 'Dry', 'Warm' and 'Warm 1/2 zip'.
review image review image review image
on 25 July 2014
This is a reasonably priced merino wool garment. I bought this as a base/middle layer for a long distance walk in Iceland, where the weather is very changeable. It's the first time I used a 100% merino wool base layer, and I have been very impressed. They are perfect for changeable weather, always comfortable whether it is hot or cold; you don't feel sweaty even if exercising as the sweat doesn't feel cold and it dries very quickly. In addition, they don't smell even after a couple of days of walking in hard conditions, and even when my middle layer (of synthetic material) did stink! They wear and wash very well. It doesn't shrink if you follow the advice (30 degrees, no drier).
Fit: the fit is close but not too tight, so perfect. Nice cut.
on 14 January 2014
Having checked out the size chart I ordered a "medium" in the vest but it was too small. I know it has to be fitting but I'm a size 12 and 35" bust but it was too tight so has to return. Also slightly scratchy!
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 May 2014
Great for running and walking in colder weather. This is a close fit as you would expect for a base layer but it is stretchy. Looks good just worn as a casual top with jeans due to nice neckline and seams. Will probably buy a few more.
Bought this for my wife, and then bought similar tops for myself. It's very useful!
1) it's a base layer garment so it's comfortable to wear next to the skin, and keeps you dry and not too hot
2) it's definitely warming in cold weather
3) anyway, it's quite an attractive garment
on 18 October 2014
Best buy , I have done for while. Brilliant for winter sport . I bought one for my girlfriend and she wear it alt he all winter , she does wash it now and again .
on 6 December 2013
I was worried that this top might be too short for me (I'm 175cm tall) but it fits just right, in my opinion. It is warm and comfortable, love it
on 4 January 2014
Attractive looking top. Great for cycling,running,and walking which I bought it for, the white cuffs could be a problem but does not worry me, good value for money.
on 1 August 2015
I am a 12 with decent size boobs so bought a Large as other reviews helped me to choose which was correct. Got it at a great price too.
on 15 February 2015
Bought a small and it was a great fit for me Size 10. 34 C bust. smooth finish even at zip. Lovely and warm in Iceland!