5.0 out of 5 stars Epic ending of a fantastic series!
I've been praising Elizabeth's writing since I was introduced to her Elemental Mysteries series in 2011. If you look at my reviews of A Hidden Fire, This Same Earth and The Force of Wind you would see why I'm so enamoured with her work.

Published on 6 Jun 2012 by kara-karina (Nocturnal Book Re...

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing end
Having read all three books, struggled through the last one. It was more like reading 50 shades than a good read. The very end of the book was completely disappointing I would have thought that this should have contained at least a chase some sort of challenge. The main 'baddy' was disposed of in about two pages. I expected much more. Very dissapointing
Published 17 days ago by Denise Woodhatch

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic ending of a fantastic series!, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: A Fall of Water: Elemental Mysteries Book Four (Kindle Edition)

First of all, she writes vampires like Anne Rice would have written them - cunning, cautious, extremely political, clever and very, very dangerous. They might act like spoiled children sometimes but there are always multiple layers and reasons to their motivation.

Secondly, the world-building is exquisite. The research which must have gone into this series is enormous - from ancient Persia and Italian Renaissance to the power of elements and Asian mythology. The main characters travel all over the world in search of answers, and each location is carefully represented.

At last, the characters themselves, be that the main couple Giovanni Vecchio and Beatrice De Novo, or the cast of multiple secondary characters, Tenzin, Ben, Carwyn, Lorenzo, Matt and Dez, Baojia, etc. and many others are not just figureheads. They are complex, warm, and alive.

The conclusion of Elemental Mysteries was phenomenal. Not only I received the answers to my questions, I was forced to reevaluate the main villain, Lorenzo, in lieu of new revelations about his and Gio's past, and I actually felt for him. I felt for Lorenzo, and I haven't thought it would ever be possible.

The ending is deep, revenge is bitter and heart-wrenching, and it's all very philosophical.

Both Gio and Beatrice are totally kicking everyone's butt in this book, B with her Doc Martens and hooked swords and Gio with his fire starter powers. Tenzin is wickedly scary and fun, and Carwyn stays true to his element with Hawaiian shirts, beer and wrestling.

Ben grows up considerably, and dare I guess that there will be something between him and Tenzin in a future spin-off, perhaps?

All in all, it was an amazing experience, and I really hope Elizabeth will write more books be that in the same world or anything else for that matter. To me she proved how talented she really is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elementally EXCELLENT!, 17 Aug 2012
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I have lived and breathed this world of Elizabeth Hunter's for the past week, I literally haven't been able to put these books down. And now Giovanni's and Beatrice's journey has come to an end and what an explosive end! How could I find myself close to tears towards the end! Well simply it's because of the excellent way E. Hunter has brought these characters to life. You can honestly imagine that they are walking the earth and living amongst us and that you know them as well as they know each other.

I am saddened this has come to an end, but then all good things must come to an end. I was more than happy to read what could come next at the end of the book - I would love this to happen.

I will miss them all, Giovanni, Beatrice, Denzin, Carwyn, Ben, Dez, Matt and all of the rest of the amazing characters, but I know I will revisit them over and over again to get my fix of this brilliant series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elemental mysteries, 18 Oct 2012
From the first book I was enthralled. I couldnt wait to get the next one. they were almost impossible to put down. Well done to Elizabeth Hunter. What an amazing imagination you have. I am now looking at other things you have wrote

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 14 April 2014
I have enjoyed all the elemental series books. A mix of vampires with human feelings. Giovanni sounds a real 'dish' - no wonder 'B' was happy to turn.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 7 April 2014
I love all this, vampires.
A magical book.
Love all the others from this writer.
Read all the series & would read & purchase more.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story, 4 April 2014
Absolutely brilliant book, on a roll from start to finish, love the characters woven with their individual personalities. Excitement and mystery with a great plot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 Mar 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this series. I highly recommend it to everyone!! Well written and a storyline that keeps you hooked. I look forward to reading some of the other books by Elizabeth Hunter

5.0 out of 5 stars Elemental Mysteries, 21 Mar 2014
Praise for Elizabeth Hunter. This is the first time that I've read a vampire story, I was so impressed. (BRILLIANT)

4.0 out of 5 stars If only the end had kept up the momentum, 20 Mar 2014
I liked this and the 3 books proceeding it. I found that generally as a series it was intriguing and well written with enough umph to keep me wanting to read through the series.
The only bit that honestly disappointed me is that the end felt a little bit 'Oh and then they all lived happily ever after yadda, yadda, yadda ' It wasn't quite the big bang the rest of the book appeared to promise.

5.0 out of 5 stars good series, 19 Mar 2014
I have enjoyed this saga, it was a interesting finale I really like the way this writer constructs her story lines, will definitely read more of her books