5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality product

2.0 out of 5 stars Keeps on disconnecting after 2 months
Published 11 months ago by Aim

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality product, 19 Oct 2012
This review is from: Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this mouse as I had already bought a Sharkoon case and keyboard, and found them to be excellent products. This did not disappoint. The mouse is quite large, and for me, who has large hands, I found this very comfortable to use with either a palm grip or claw grip. The buttons are positioned very well, everything within easy reach, the scroll wheel feels solid and the shape is beautiful.
Add to this the customisation and the quality of the mouse shines through. The software is quick to install and very simple to use. Just be aware that the mouse wheel also clicks left and right, which helps make up the 11 buttons - and is actually really comfy!
I love the ability to change the DPI through a flick of the button on the back of the mouse behind the scroll wheel, with lights on the left side indicating how high the setting is. This button doesn't appear to get in my way either. The mouse slides nicely over my battered old mouse mat (there is a Sharkoon mat on it's way!), and you even get four spare pads in case of wear!
The final point - style. This mouse is a thing of beauty. As a reptile lover anyway, I found the scale pattern particularly attractive. It's just a shame that the design only comes in green, and my case is blue! Even with the ability to change the logo colour - this really only causes a bit of a colour clash with the logo, the scale pattern and the case. Still, I love this mouse and would highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good product., 14 Sep 2012
This review is from: Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse (Accessory)
Mouse is very well built and feels like a product that would cost a lot more.
Software was easy to use and has a lot of customisation(as much as you can do with a mouse).
very comfortable in hand.

also purchased the drakonia mouse mat which is a good product and the 2 together are prefect.

all in all great product, very happy, would recommend any day.

5.0 out of 5 stars First Impressions, 24 Aug 2012
This review is from: Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse (Accessory)
I got the item today which is six days before the arrival time which Amazon predicted, which I was very pleased with, upon unboxing the mouse I could feel how well it was designed all the buttons are reachable from a comfortable position and very responsive. The software that comes with is mouse is great, you can change what every button does (with five different profiles) and it points to which button your changing. The symbol on the lower back of the mouse pulses, you can even change the colour of the light, how bright it is and how fast it pulses. Overall I am very pleased with the mouse but this is just the first day I've owned it in a few moths I'll post a new reveiw or change this one if I'm allowed with my real review of the mouse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty impressed, 9 April 2013
This review is from: Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse (Accessory)
Absolutely wonderful mouse. I've had it for 2 months now, and is still working perfectly.
Came in a very nice box, not one of the plastic "blister packs" that most stuff comes in.
Worked straight off when I plugged it in and configured the settings.It fits very comfortably
In my hand, and moves around without any bother. The DPI switch button is easily accessible,
and is really useful when switching from gaming to something like web-browsing.
I feel it has certainly stepped up my gaming ability, being that I upgraded from a small wireless
ambidextrous microsoft mouse, which was part of a keyboard and mouse dual pack!
With the price, I didn't expect much, but it in my opinion it is almost on par with your
standard razer mouse but with half the pricetag. Overall this is an excellent buy and I
would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of getting into or already does pc gaming.

David, 13 years old

2.0 out of 5 stars Keeps on disconnecting after 2 months, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this mouse for gaming particularly in mind. I was impressed as to how good this product is. Though after 2 months it starts to behave badly. It often disconnects and reconnects at will. Sometimes I have to plug it out and plug it in for it to be recognized by my machine. After about 6 months the situation got worse. It would die almost every 5 minutes of use. After a year, it finally died. Time to get a new mouse..

Pros:
- Good for gaming
- High DPI
- Very cheap for a gaming mouse
Cons:
- Frequent disconnects after 2 months ( died after a year. shame.. )
- Bad button placement (button on the right (light change button) keeps on getting accidentally hit by my ring finger )

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic mouse. 5 stars., 8 Sep 2014
A. Bryan "AndyB" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse (Accessory)
I purchased this to replace my Sharkoon Fireglider mouse, which I had big respect for anyhow. I was after a few more programmable buttons to help improve my Titanfall play :) As said, the Fireglider is a great mouse, well built, feels good, operates well. The only downside was that I found the profile switching software to be a little glitchy. No such problem with the Drakonia. Again, like the Fireglider, the Drakonia is a well built solid mouse, feels great in the hand and operates brilliantly. I use this mouse for both gaming and work, and it is fantastic on both counts. The software seems to be glitch free and allows up to 5 button profiles to be stored, which is ace. You can even get the LED dragon symbol to change colour depending on which profile you select. For me, Red means Titanfall time. All in all I am very happy with this mouse. A brilliant gaming/work mouse for a reasonable price. And the extra buttons have improved my game play ..... bonus. 5 stars from me.

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid product at a good price., 11 May 2014
This review is from: Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse (Accessory)
I bought this following the death of my Perixx MX-1000 and the advice of a friend. It arrived well packaged, but not quite up to the standards of big brands suck as Razor. I got it out the box and installed the drivers. On visual inspection the mouse generally looks great but the aqua colour scheme wouldn't match with many other peripherals or systems, and changing the colour of the LED logo just makes the mouse itself look mismatched, so If your really into that stuff you may want to look somewhere else. I found it a little heavy at first, but found the tool-less weight adjustment easy to use, just you may have a bit of trouble and find your self resourcing to a flat-head screwdriver if you have very short nails and even after this I found it dosnt glide very well.
The buttons where generally good, & their was plenty enough for most games but MMO users may run into troubles. the LMB and RMB could've been a little lighter in my personal opinion while the thumb rest button was defiantly too light, which became a problem when I used it for things like the abort button in Kerbal Space Programme. The index finger button however was much to heavy, although this wouldn't be such a problem if my index finger was longer. The scroll wheel also has some room for improvement, by adding an option for a free scroll for excel users and a nice sold metal body, but it does come with a very nice grip & clicky MMB.
The ergonomics where also overall positive with a few minor let backs. First the positives: It was a good size for my mid-small hands and the deep thumb rest worked well with my palm grip. My index and middle finger fell naturally on the LMB and RMB buttons respectfully and found the all the left thumb buttons within comfortable reach without having to move my grip. However my ring and baby fingers felt slightly awkward, lacking rests of their own, resulting in my baby nail in my index finger a bit. Its one of those things I don't notice unless I actually think about it.
The included software was fairly intuitive and I grasped within minutes. I appreciated the customation levels, including DPI setting for each, quickly swappable setting from unusabley low all the way up to unusabley high. I found the Macros, although far from a unique feature very use full in games like Mount and Blade where I could have advanced commands given at the press of a button. While the customizable RGB LED was a nice touch, I have already outlined my issues with it looking a bit awkward on anything but default settings.
Overall I'd defiantly recommend this product. It looses a star for a few minor issues but is the best in tis price range and a huge improvement over the MX-1000. Hope this was use full to you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gaming mouse at a great price., 27 April 2014
This review is from: Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse (Accessory)
A good amount of buttons in comfortable places, adjustable weight, and high enough DPI (have to turn it down for some games, even with in-game sensitivity close to or at minimum).
Mouse shape is great but a little on the larger side, so wouldn't recommend to anyone with particularly small hands.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased., 19 Jun 2013
Jason Rimmer (Liverpool UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse (Accessory)
Superb mouse at a superb price..can't fault it. Great features for little money..highly recommended. Previously had a fra mor expensive wireless mouse and to be honest I'm glad I've gone back to a wire one. No worrying or having to recharge batteries constantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great piece of kit, well made and a joy to use. My wife and son both want one., 29 May 2013
R. Emmott (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse (Accessory)
A confession - I am not a gamer. I stumbled on this mouse by chance whilst browsing Amazon reviews and noticed how well it performed. I had just bought a new wireless mouse (a small HP one) and whilst this was not bad, it lacked the precision of a wired mouse. So I was looking for a good wired mouse for a reasonable budget that could handle office tasks and some graphics applications.

First impressions - this is great piece of kit. It looks so cool that my wife and my son both want one. Not many items can do this. My son especially likes the ability to change the LED colours. As another reviewer noted, the changes don't always work well with Windows 8. I found it best to persevere, plug the mouse in again if it does not work, it worked in the end.

The CD that comes with the mouse contains the configuration software and instruction manual. The software was quick and easy to install and whilst I have not explored all the functionality of this mouse, it looks like it will do everything I need and more. It is well made and a joy to use, for a very reasonable price. I might even have to buy some games.

Sharkoon Drakonia Mouse