So far with the aid of the recipe book I also bought through Amazon I have made soups, casseroles and cakes.

It's a fantastic device that I actually got a year ago & these 3 I ordered recently were for presents & for a friend who had asked me to order for her.

Published 13 months ago by Miss Z

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay slow-cooker
The slow cooker is a good size and works well; the aluminium pot is also handy to brown or sear meat prior to slow-cooking.
The aluminium pot is rather thin and after few months of use has already few chips despite being very careful.
The pot should have some rubber handles as it gets really hot when browning on the stove.
Published 7 months ago by MP

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best things I've ever bought! Closely followed by the recipe book 'The Slow Cooker Cookbook' by Catherine Atkinson, 8 Nov 2013

I'm told some slow cookers only have 2 settings, I definitely recommend this one with 3 settings as I use all of them depending on what I'm cooking.

This one is an 'upgrade' from what I bought as mine is the conventional crockery dish but this one the dish can be used on the hob first before being inserted into the slowcooker which means you can do all the 'quick frying' of meat/onions etc in the same pan.

You need a cookbook but once you get the hang of it it's so quick to prepare the food & then just pop it in and go to work or go about your day without having to do anything else!

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is definitely the best I have ever owned, 30 Aug 2014
I am so so impressed with this slow cooker. I have five ... some with auto functions, some with low medium and high settings, some with just a couple of settings. This one is definitely the best I have ever owned. I was attracted to it as I have never worked out why someone didn't come up with a slow cooker with the initial sauteeing or thickening of sauce couldn't be done in the same pot. This one does it. And does it superbly. I have industrial type burners in my Thai kitchen and I love the fact that even with those (which have an intensity that can make any normal type pan or pot crack/buckle) I can fry onions, stick in the garlic, brown the meat, add the spices on a burner and then just plug the whole thing in to cook. I normally do the preparation for it whilst cooking that particular night's dinner (ie if you've got mess in the kitchen might as well get it all out of the way at the same time) stick the prepared stuff from the slow cooker in the fridge, take it out next morning when going to work or golf, and plug it in with a separately purchased timer

I have cooked about eight dinners in it now - everything from shredded pork, spare ribs through to thai curry and this is the best slow cooker I have ever owned. I will be buying the bigger version of it soon for entertaining

My only comment to the manufacturers is to put a timer on it .. I bought one out of the UK so that it would come one when I am out but I would happily pay two or three times the price to have a built in (and less complicated) timing function

Other than that, as a kitchen gadget freak, this product is superb (and the color red is really really rich and fits in with my inside kitchen superbly)

Well done Morphy richards for this

5.0 out of 5 stars Searing slow cooker, 15 Oct 2012
This is pretty much the same as my original Morphy Richards slow cooker but instead of a ceramic inner bowl this one is metal. This means it can be used on the hob, before starting the slow cook. This is useful if you want to thicken a sauce or bubble off some wine! I originally thought that there was an extra setting on the cooker itself. The liner is non stick.
Having three settings is useful. In fact you can almost bubble on High, so is useful, say, for cooking things like dumplings towards the end of cooking.
I had no temperature issues with the original slow cooker and non with this either.
I am delighted with both!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just The Job, 8 Dec 2012
Very pleased with the cooker and would highly recommend. It's one of the easiest ways to cook, good and wholesome and perfect for busy lives. Easy to wash and nothing to dislike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good size, good product could do with a timer, 23 Nov 2013
This is a really great product, great to be able to sear the meat prior to the cooking. The only think that I think would be great to have is a timer for when it starts as I leave this on when I go to work and it's on about 12 hours and did start to burn round the edges of the sauce, which I didn't expect, but other than that a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 6 Jun 2013
This slow cooker looks really good. Lovely shade of red. Cooks well and very easy to clean afterwards. I like being able to use the same pot to start braising the meat and veg on the cooker too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cooker, 20 Nov 2012
Helen Jones (Wales) - See all my reviews
got this as my old one which I had for years was getting hard to clean everything sticking to it. went for this one as it has metal pot which you can start off on cooker. I have found it excellent, good size for us and easy to clean. Just be careful with pot when using it for searing as can get very hot, but they do warn you about this.

5.0 out of 5 stars All you want from a slow cooker, 30 Oct 2013
Very good as you can seal your meet before any slow roast in the same pot and avoid extra washing. Easy to clean and as aesthetically pleasing as a slow cooker can get. Ideal for portions of 4, if you often cater for more think about the higher capacity.

5.0 out of 5 stars My eyes have been opened..., 18 Mar 2013
geoff (Maidenhead) - See all my reviews
Several people in the office were extolling the virtues of slow cooking, so I decided to go get one. After reading several reviews of different makes and models and taking on advice from others, I settled on this one. Three main plus points: You can sear meat and start off the cooking process on the stove top, so you don't lose any of those lovely meat juices. 2: it's dishwasher safe. 3: it's pretty cheap! The added bonus for a first time slow cooker like me is that the food that it produces tastes awesome. So far I have made a pork sausage curry, chili con carne, chicken tikka masala, pork steaks in tomato/pepper sauce (cheat - used 2 pots of Lloyd Grossman sauce) and this weekend did a slow cooked pulled pork shoulder. I was a little skeptical about the last one, but the joint cooked really well, it was cooked all the way through and the meat was really juicy and moist. My kids pretty much devoured half of it whilst I was shredding it.

So, I am one very happy customer. It has broadened the range of things that we cook at home for the family, and because we can set it going early n the morning, we have time during the day to go out as a family and do "stuff" and not have to worry about getting dinner ready half way through the day.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay slow-cooker, 15 May 2014