So far with the aid of the recipe book I also bought through Amazon I have made soups, casseroles and cakes.

It's a fantastic device that I actually got a year ago & these 3 I ordered recently were for presents & for a friend who had asked me to order for her.

Published 10 months ago by Miss Z

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay slow-cooker
The slow cooker is a good size and works well; the aluminium pot is also handy to brown or sear meat prior to slow-cooking.
The aluminium pot is rather thin and after few months of use has already few chips despite being very careful.
The pot should have some rubber handles as it gets really hot when browning on the stove.
Published 4 months ago by MP

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best things I've ever bought! Closely followed by the recipe book 'The Slow Cooker Cookbook' by Catherine Atkinson, 8 Nov 2013

I'm told some slow cookers only have 2 settings, I definitely recommend this one with 3 settings as I use all of them depending on what I'm cooking.

This one is an 'upgrade' from what I bought as mine is the conventional crockery dish but this one the dish can be used on the hob first before being inserted into the slowcooker which means you can do all the 'quick frying' of meat/onions etc in the same pan.

You need a cookbook but once you get the hang of it it's so quick to prepare the food & then just pop it in and go to work or go about your day without having to do anything else!

5.0 out of 5 stars Searing slow cooker, 15 Oct 2012
This is pretty much the same as my original Morphy Richards slow cooker but instead of a ceramic inner bowl this one is metal. This means it can be used on the hob, before starting the slow cook. This is useful if you want to thicken a sauce or bubble off some wine! I originally thought that there was an extra setting on the cooker itself. The liner is non stick.
Having three settings is useful. In fact you can almost bubble on High, so is useful, say, for cooking things like dumplings towards the end of cooking.
I had no temperature issues with the original slow cooker and non with this either.
I am delighted with both!

5.0 out of 5 stars My eyes have been opened..., 18 Mar 2013
geoff (Maidenhead) - See all my reviews
Several people in the office were extolling the virtues of slow cooking, so I decided to go get one. After reading several reviews of different makes and models and taking on advice from others, I settled on this one. Three main plus points: You can sear meat and start off the cooking process on the stove top, so you don't lose any of those lovely meat juices. 2: it's dishwasher safe. 3: it's pretty cheap! The added bonus for a first time slow cooker like me is that the food that it produces tastes awesome. So far I have made a pork sausage curry, chili con carne, chicken tikka masala, pork steaks in tomato/pepper sauce (cheat - used 2 pots of Lloyd Grossman sauce) and this weekend did a slow cooked pulled pork shoulder. I was a little skeptical about the last one, but the joint cooked really well, it was cooked all the way through and the meat was really juicy and moist. My kids pretty much devoured half of it whilst I was shredding it.

So, I am one very happy customer. It has broadened the range of things that we cook at home for the family, and because we can set it going early n the morning, we have time during the day to go out as a family and do "stuff" and not have to worry about getting dinner ready half way through the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 48701 Sear and Stew Slow Cooker - Brushed Stainless Steel (Kitchen & Home)
This Slow Cooker is just great, I'll say that again, just great! The light weight none stick aluminium cook pot can be used directly on the heat, in our case gas, and then popped straight into the Slow Cooker base. Works great, and we can't find any fault ...this is the one to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just The Job, 8 Dec 2012
Very pleased with the cooker and would highly recommend. It's one of the easiest ways to cook, good and wholesome and perfect for busy lives. Easy to wash and nothing to dislike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Cooker, 20 Nov 2012
Helen Jones (Wales) - See all my reviews
got this as my old one which I had for years was getting hard to clean everything sticking to it. went for this one as it has metal pot which you can start off on cooker. I have found it excellent, good size for us and easy to clean. Just be careful with pot when using it for searing as can get very hot, but they do warn you about this.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is fantastic, 16 Dec 2013
I have never had a slow cooker before but thought it would be a good idea so I can cook lots of Greek dishes that need a long time to stew. As all my appliances are red I wanted a slow cooker to match - and it does - perfectly. It's a brilliant size and doesn't take up too much room, but has plenty of room to cook for about 5 people. I love that the inner pan can be used to sear the meat beforehand and the controls are very simple to use.
I don't know how I manged without out one.
I would definitely recommend this slow cooker - it's fabulous

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Accents slow cooker, 6 Nov 2012
H. Seabrook "Aitch" (Norfolk England) - See all my reviews
Probably the best slow cooker ever. So much lighter with a metal inner pot, and very much easier to clean. Gives wonderful results every time. Wish I'd had it years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 30 Oct 2012
I am so pleased with this product. I would highly recommend it to others. To be able to sear first in the cook pot is a great advantage as you get all the flavour in one pot. Also as the sides are high, it doesn't make a mess of the hob, so no hob cleaning - great. I've all ready cooked 3 meals in it. I just prepare and switch the slow cooker on in the morning and then I can go out and not worry about getting back in time to prepare a meal. Fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 6 Jun 2013
This slow cooker looks really good. Lovely shade of red. Cooks well and very easy to clean afterwards. I like being able to use the same pot to start braising the meat and veg on the cooker too.