1,076 Reviews

So far with the aid of the recipe book I also bought through Amazon I have made soups, casseroles and cakes.

It's a fantastic device that I actually got a year ago & these 3 I ordered recently were for presents & for a friend who had asked me to order for her.

Published 18 months ago by Miss Z

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay slow-cooker
The slow cooker is a good size and works well; the aluminium pot is also handy to brown or sear meat prior to slow-cooking.
The aluminium pot is rather thin and after few months of use has already few chips despite being very careful.
The pot should have some rubber handles as it gets really hot when browning on the stove.
Published 11 months ago by MP

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best things I've ever bought! Closely followed by the recipe book 'The Slow Cooker Cookbook' by Catherine Atkinson, 8 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 48702 Sear and Stew Slow Cooker - Red (Kitchen & Home)

I'm told some slow cookers only have 2 settings, I definitely recommend this one with 3 settings as I use all of them depending on what I'm cooking.

This one is an 'upgrade' from what I bought as mine is the conventional crockery dish but this one the dish can be used on the hob first before being inserted into the slowcooker which means you can do all the 'quick frying' of meat/onions etc in the same pan.

You need a cookbook but once you get the hang of it it's so quick to prepare the food & then just pop it in and go to work or go about your day without having to do anything else!

5.0 out of 5 stars Searing slow cooker, 15 Oct. 2012
This is pretty much the same as my original Morphy Richards slow cooker but instead of a ceramic inner bowl this one is metal. This means it can be used on the hob, before starting the slow cook. This is useful if you want to thicken a sauce or bubble off some wine! I originally thought that there was an extra setting on the cooker itself. The liner is non stick.
Having three settings is useful. In fact you can almost bubble on High, so is useful, say, for cooking things like dumplings towards the end of cooking.
I had no temperature issues with the original slow cooker and non with this either.
I am delighted with both!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 6 Jun. 2013
This slow cooker looks really good. Lovely shade of red. Cooks well and very easy to clean afterwards. I like being able to use the same pot to start braising the meat and veg on the cooker too.

5.0 out of 5 stars To sear or not to sear, but invaluable for thickening sauce at end of cooking!, 10 Jan. 2015
Whether you sear before cooking or not, I think the biggest advantage of being able to put the inner on the hob is to thicken the juices of the dish. It is worth it for that alone. Yes you need to use an oven glove (or even better a silicone gripper) to stop it sliding and don't forget to use plastic/wooden implements to protect the inner but it's so much easier to thicken sauces and gravy on the hob, no more spooning out juices to a saucepan!

I am a long time user of slow cookers, this one is superb, it's lighter, easy to clean and the ability to use on the hob outweighs my slight hesitation of using aluminium in cooking. Also the heat level is better (ie lower) than my old Rival crockpot which has been unreliable recently, I suspect the temperature regulation had failed plus this Sear and Stew is rated a lower wattage which seems to give a lower temperature at the low setting which leads to more tender meat.

It is also a bit of a tardis, it seems to hold plenty and anyway slow cookers operate better when reasonably full so I think my old 6.5 litre crockpot will go into retirement.

Very happy with my choice and would highly recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars All you want from a slow cooker, 30 Oct. 2013
Very good as you can seal your meet before any slow roast in the same pot and avoid extra washing. Easy to clean and as aesthetically pleasing as a slow cooker can get. Ideal for portions of 4, if you often cater for more think about the higher capacity.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one is definitely the best I have ever owned, 30 Aug. 2014
I am so so impressed with this slow cooker. I have five ... some with auto functions, some with low medium and high settings, some with just a couple of settings. This one is definitely the best I have ever owned. I was attracted to it as I have never worked out why someone didn't come up with a slow cooker with the initial sauteeing or thickening of sauce couldn't be done in the same pot. This one does it. And does it superbly. I have industrial type burners in my Thai kitchen and I love the fact that even with those (which have an intensity that can make any normal type pan or pot crack/buckle) I can fry onions, stick in the garlic, brown the meat, add the spices on a burner and then just plug the whole thing in to cook. I normally do the preparation for it whilst cooking that particular night's dinner (ie if you've got mess in the kitchen might as well get it all out of the way at the same time) stick the prepared stuff from the slow cooker in the fridge, take it out next morning when going to work or golf, and plug it in with a separately purchased timer

I have cooked about eight dinners in it now - everything from shredded pork, spare ribs through to thai curry and this is the best slow cooker I have ever owned. I will be buying the bigger version of it soon for entertaining

My only comment to the manufacturers is to put a timer on it .. I bought one out of the UK so that it would come one when I am out but I would happily pay two or three times the price to have a built in (and less complicated) timing function

Other than that, as a kitchen gadget freak, this product is superb (and the color red is really really rich and fits in with my inside kitchen superbly)

Well done Morphy richards for this

5.0 out of 5 stars Just The Job, 8 Dec. 2012
Very pleased with the cooker and would highly recommend. It's one of the easiest ways to cook, good and wholesome and perfect for busy lives. Easy to wash and nothing to dislike.

5.0 out of 5 stars Morphy Richards Accents slow cooker, 6 Nov. 2012
H. Seabrook "Aitch" (Norfolk England) - See all my reviews
Probably the best slow cooker ever. So much lighter with a metal inner pot, and very much easier to clean. Gives wonderful results every time. Wish I'd had it years ago.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 22 Mar. 2013
An excellent slow cooker. Have used it almost daily. Daughter is also buying one. The fact that the lining goes directly onto hob to seal meat etc. is brilliant and saves on washing up.

5.0 out of 5 stars How did I ever do without it?!, 12 Dec. 2014
How did I ever do without it? Is the question I asked myself after owning this slow cooker for only a week. This is the perfect winter warmer that has stews, curries, chillis, pot roasts and more, cooked to tender perfection and searing hot for you after a long day at work for minimal prep (chop, and chuck in pot) in the morning.
The fact that you can sear meats/brown onions/dry toast spices etc in the same pot on the hob first is a big bonus as it saves on any extra washing up.
The 3.5ltr bowl on this model is perfect for four generous portions and will fit a medium chicken or joint perfectly. With three heat settings, High, Medium and Low, it gives you versatility in what you can prepare and even those new to slow (like myself) will be able to create mouthwatering one pot wonders with minimal effort in no time.
The bowl itself is super easy to wash up, and being non stick is practically wipe clean. It would have been nice if some rubber handles had been added to the dish to allow for safe transport from hob to slow cooker but its nothing that a pair of oven gloves cant deal with.