5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best things I've ever bought! Closely followed by the recipe book 'The Slow Cooker Cookbook' by Catherine Atkinson
So far with the aid of the recipe book I also bought through Amazon I have made soups, casseroles and cakes.

It's a fantastic device that I actually got a year ago & these 3 I ordered recently were for presents & for a friend who had asked me to order for her.

I'm told some slow cookers only have 2 settings, I definitely recommend this one with 3...
Published 16 months ago by Miss Z

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay slow-cooker
The slow cooker is a good size and works well; the aluminium pot is also handy to brown or sear meat prior to slow-cooking.
The aluminium pot is rather thin and after few months of use has already few chips despite being very careful.
The pot should have some rubber handles as it gets really hot when browning on the stove.
Published 9 months ago by MP

‹ Previous | 18 9 1094 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best things I have ever bought, 23 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Morphy Richards Accents 48703 Sear and Stew Slow Cooker - Black (Kitchen & Home)
I am a hopeless cook but buying a slow cooker has changed my life. Previously I could cook mince and sausages (and the odd fried egg). Since buying this I have made various curries and casseroles as well as the mince and sausages. They have been so successful that the family have eaten them. I bought a few cheap and easy slow cooker recipe books to complement this and basically you put everything in in the morning and when you come home from work dinner is ready and edible. Nigella Lawson look out.

5.0 out of 5 stars More versatile than just hotpots, 22 Feb. 2015
D miles "Vicky40" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
An item that is much more versatile than for stews and casseroles. Since I've had my slow cooker, I've made many different meals, using recipes I have found by browsing the Internet, many of them that are not hotspots and stews. Friends particularly liked my sweet & sour chicken and Moroccan lamb, among others and I have "roasted" several Joints of meat in it. I now wouldn't be without it! I have found several recipes for desserts, which I have yet to try, but am sure will be just as successful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 5 Mar. 2014
T. Onyechi - See all my reviews
This is good value and much appreciated by our son who had it as a Christmas present. It holds a lot and is easy on the electricity bill. Nice to come home to tea already cooked!

5.0 out of 5 stars parents' little helper, 23 Oct. 2014
Really impressive, reliable, simple and robust piece of kitchen kit. We use it about three times a week to make easy nutritious family meals which cook away quietly while one of us is at work and the other looks after the two wee ones. The nonstick coating is great for searing, and often we dont need any oil at all. No hardware problems at all with this despite pretty heavy use over about seven months. Inner container dishwasher compatible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully designed piece of kitchen equipment, 31 Mar. 2014
A. Halstead (Manchester) - See all my reviews
I've only recently received this slow cooker & have only used it three times in the last 3 weeks.

I can add little to the exemplary reviews this piece of kit has already received in reviews here, except to say that it's an amazing revelation to me (I make a lot of slow one-pan dishes for my family at presumably enormous expense in terms of gas & electricity use on my hob & in my oven, doing slow-roasted chicken thighs in garlic & shallots, Bolognese sauce, Hairy Biker's trad meat & potato pie, slow braising steak recipes & so on, all of which need cooking on the hob or in the oven for over 3 hours & demanding constant watching, twiddling with temperatures, lots of washing up.) This thing does them at a fraction of the cost & doesn't need monitoring.

This little machine did them all in 8 hours, at the cost of a lightbulb being on while we're away at work, minus the constant stirring & the results were moist, just purely tender & flavoursome. Excellent stuff. This has been posted in the previous reviews several times, so really doesn't need repeating.

As an aside, the machine is very very attractive, finished in a sexy dark oval crimson anodised exterior with a very thick & sturdy Teflon aluminium searing pan. A lot of thought has clearly gone into the design of this thing & it shows. The pan is very rugged & will withstand searing on any hob (not induction, sorry, as it's aluminium) for several years, clearly.

This thing is a triumph of good British engineering design & engineering.

Just read the instructions first, eh, so you don't miss the obvious mistakes that some other negative reviewers have made?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 7 Jan. 2013
Mrs. K. Coe (Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my daughter who is setting up home in a rented flat (almost a bedsit) in London. She loves it, and has used it for cooking all sorts of things. She actually has it in her room, as the kitchen area she has access to is tiny and communal, and she is already saving money on food, by slow-cooking stews from cheaper cuts of meat and freezing portions, so it's definitely earning its keep. The facility to brown meat and vegetables in the cooking pot itself means she doesn't have to use a frying pan first, and encourages her to cook everything properly (i.e. to bother to brown everything). A really nice bit of kit. If I didn't already have a slow cooker, I would buy one for myself as well.

2.0 out of 5 stars A VERY slow cooker!, 13 Nov. 2013
I bought this slow cooker to replace my Breville one which I had damaged, thinking it would be a better one.The first time I used it I seared the meat as per instructions and put potatoes veg and covered with water.I left the meal cooking for 7hours as we had visitors later that evening.However after 7 hours the potatoes, which were cut up very small as were the carrots, were still not cooked and meat not as tender as with my other slow cooker, we left it for a further 2 hours and nothing changed we then had to finish it off in the oven whilst our visitors waited, and waited! not to be beaten I tried it a second time later in the week but the same thing happened no matter how long the cooker was on even though veg was cut even smaller it still wasn't cooked properly.I have returned the cooker and bought a new Breville with auto setting. Very disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my better purchases, 11 Oct. 2014
One of the best pieces of kitchen equipment I've ever bought. I've had slow cookers in the past which have been used a few times then passed on to other family members, purely because I don't like the texture of meat in a casserole when it hasn't been browned first (I think it goes all dry and stringy). With this excellent bit of kit I can prepare the dish on the hob in the morning then leave to slowly cook all day. (I know I could have done this anyway, in a separate pan, with any slow cooker but I really couldn't be bothered with washing extra pans first thing in the morning). Plus, this is really easy to clean - the food doesn't 'bake on' like ceramic slow cookers. We are a family of four and it's the perfect size for us. I did think about getting the larger size but it would have been far too big.

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't regret buying this., 19 Jan. 2015
This is absolutely worth buying.

The pot can be used on any hob except induction hobs, so you can sear your meat before you start slow cooking, or brown onions etc.
The size is perfect for 4 portions of a main meal, or enough porridge to feed a hungry army!
Slow cooked steel cut oats make the best porridge you'll ever eat :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, 2 Feb. 2015
I love this slow cooker. I bought it to replace a slow cooker which had an earthenware pot which was very heavy. The pot for this is so light and makes lifting, cleaning, emptying contents very easy. The non tick lining is excellent. I would recommend this cooker especially for anyone who isn't very strong because the pot is so light to use.

‹ Previous | 18 9 1094 | Next ›