• 2

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.39

on 28 April 2013
"Love has gone" starts us off - one of my favourites. It's fast paced, groovy with a deep and heavy DnB beat. Great start to this album.

The start of "Whistle Song" and "Wanna Die for you" seem initially to be a little childish but they progress rapidly into well crafted, up beat and fun tracks. Definitely not tracks I feel the need to skip despite the starts! The underlying DnB remains a constant, in fact "Wanna Die for you" develops into a great crescendoing vocal - really great.

"Come Alive" is another cracking track - again a slower start but then the vocal comes in and the track starts it's relentless drive forward. This track does have a very commercial feel to it, but that's not a bad thing. It opens Netsky up to the wider audience and therefore means he has the opportunity to continue making great music.

Of the remaining tracks - of which I only generally skip "Dubplate Special" - the highlights are many but special mention goes to "Jetlag Funk". If you are only going to listen to 1 track from this album to try it out then it has to be this one. Absolutely brilliant. This is truly an outstanding track, it starts a little operatically but quickly smooths out into a funky number, with slightly jazz tinged grooves. It's progression through 5 minutes is startling, flowing from slow builder to big room euphoria with elegant ease.

I can't recommend this album highly enough, especially if you like Pendulum or Calibre. It will simply make you smile!
Here's me driving home one evening. I turn onto a bit of Zane and catch the end of Love is gone. Not knowing what it was, I looked it up on Zane's Radio 1 page to find it was some guy named Netsky. Turns out the album was released the same day so I take a punt and Buy.
And what a good punt it's turned out to be!

60 mins of drum'n'bass class. Plenty of style variation throughout by drafting in some collaboration - so no boredom factor. No duff tracks, no highlights, no lowlights. For me, great for the gym - pushes me closer to having a heart attack on the bike!

It's unlikely that any track will be making a tracklist on any main stream radio show soon (except Zane's) so as a guide for taste I'll suggest that if you like Pendulum, you're gonna love this.

Bring on 3! And thank you Radio 1, Zane Lowe and your team
on 1 July 2012
It's not a bad album and there are some decent tracks here. But having been looking forward to this album for absolutely ages i'm a bit disappointed to see he has gone down the live band route. This album has clearly been written with that in mind. Saying that though 'Drawing Straws' is a wicked tune!
on 2 July 2012
Absolutely brilliant album, and I would definitely recommend to get this on cd (or vinyl) from here on amazon or the hospital shop. Delivery was great as usual, but the main thing about this purchase is the music. So I'll get to it. This album in general, is very energetic, and on a good stereo will definitely get you jumping around the house. But, if you are like me, and are not a big fan of dubstep then a few of these tracks may dissapoint you :/ I (as many people do) think that this album doesn't really compare with his first album, many of the songs on here are very energetic, unlike that on the fist album. Some stand out tracks for me are the whistle song, come alive, and drawing straws. If you follow dnb then I would get it, the album is a hit, and I'm sure that we will hear it over the summer extensively.
on 29 June 2012
I was already a fan of Netsky but after seeing him live at Beach Break this year I decided to buy his two albums and WOW it was so worth it!

I can't think of anything bad to say about this one. A great mix of standard DnB and liquid DnB with his signature use of the piano. Great for chilling to or dancing to. I'm in love with every track except for Squad Up which I reckon I'll grow to love in time anyway.

I'm even willing to go as far as saying this is probably my favourite album of all time, from any genre! Or at least in the top 3.

A MUST have for any DnB fan.
on 4 August 2012
Like much from Hospital, I love the vibes, I'd recommend this for any lovers of upbeat jump up drum and bass. Theres a lot of stand out tracks on here. So good.
on 2 September 2015
Worth every penny, best album I've bought in a while and I'm a metalhead. Improvement over his last work and the styles vary nicely across the whole album!
on 1 March 2013
I put this cd as music for morning alarm. And every gloomy morning is not that gloomy with this positive music!
on 7 August 2012
Love has gone, Wanna die for you, Come alive, Give and take, 911, Detonate, Dubplate special are really not my cup of tea. They sound they were specifically written for a nightclub dj set ie, to have an 'over-the-top, screaming mess of noise dnb sound.' I do not like these tracks at all.

On the other hand though, The Whistle song, Puppy, Get away from here, Jetlag funk, When darkness falls, No beginning and Drawing straws are some of the best dnb tracks ever written, some very enjoyable upbeat funkiness.

There are some real stinkers on this album but 8 tracks of soul and funk goodness means it is a hell of a lot better than his first album and well worth the purchase.
on 24 August 2012
Im a big fan of dnb and hospital. But to be honest this is a bit hit and miss and not as well rounded as his first album.