on 24 November 2012
Purchased this as a "utility watch" to use in situations where I do'nt want to risk bashing my more expensive watches, and it has exceeded expectations. Higlights are:

The strap design at first glance it looks like a basic canvas/velcro strap, but the clever design is that the strap has a second stretchy length attached to the centre; this second strap passes above the securing pins and under the watch body which results in far less strain being put on the pins by the strap.

The "indiglo" backlight is very effective
on 11 April 2013
This was bought as a 2nd watch. So did not really worry too much about style but did not want too spend much. I have a "day job" watch but if I'm doing something a bit messier like gardening or DIY then I am a bit wary of damaging it. Also, my other watch was luminous but this has worn off during the years. So having a watch that was luminous or with a back light was a second requirement.

Re the latter, there is a nice back light. Press and hold the crown to operate. Not too bright and so will not create nuisance glow if used in a dark room. Also, the hands are luminous. Have yet to test out how well that works (i.e. does the watch absorb enough energy during the day to keep the hands lit at night. That way it also has a 3rd purpose as a bed stand clock.

My only niggle is that the strap is too short to allow me to put the watch over my hand without unthreading the strap from the buckle and then threading the strap back through the buckle. But I guess make it longer and you have more strap to vecro around your wrist. My day job watch has a metal clasp.

For the price then I can't see you can go wrong with this.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 26 November 2012
Definitely a watch for the outdoors type,which includes me, as My wife and I do a fair amount of wildlife photography.
The watch is an excellent bit of kit the dial is easily readable with a backlight for nightime use.
The'depth gauge'bezel is really a complete waste of time and is merely a decorative item as it certainly doesnt turn,even though the instructions says it should!But they also say the bezel is 'optional' whatever that may mean!
What else? ah yes its waterproof, stylish and certainly looks very good on the wrist.The band is a little different to usual as the loop that fits round the retaining pins is stretchy and therefore very comfortable.
Pricewise I paid £18 for it in the Black Friday sale,I am sure I looked the price up before it came on sale and it was something in the region of £30 plus (maybe a little less)However when I look up the price now (26-11-12) it seems to have zoomed up to £51.32 so either Amazon has got the price wrong or I have got an absolute bargain!
on 15 April 2013
I needed a good strong and reliable watch for use during my occupation as a Landscaper which frequently involves heavy work with chainsaws and tools. A steel bracelet was out of the question due to risk of injury and water resistance was a must. I often go through several watches in a season as they really do need to be tough and rugged. The Timex expedition has so far fitted the bill perfectly. It appears to be pretty tough and rugged and has a raised bevel around the dial which offers protection to the watch face reducing the risk of scratching. The dial is large and clear and the date display is good especially when writing invoices as one does not have to ask the date all the time. The strap is very comfortable indeed and is secured by a large band of tough velcro. so no more fiddly buckles or breaking clasps. The indiglo back light is also excellent for use in low light levels. All in all a great watch for those who work or enjoy the outdoor life. A good strong watch at a great low Amazon price!
on 25 December 2014
I brought this watch to wear for when I go to Airsoft events or other rough outdoor activities. This watch probably should have been broken by now, but it doesn't even have a scratch.
The Velcro fastening strap makes a sturdy fastening when the watch is jarred and is readily adjustable as you as you get hot or cold. The Velcro continues all along the strap so even small kids can wear it.
I have wore this in the shower on a couple of occasions. It is supposed to be good for swimming in and I can believe it.
The back light lights up the whole of the face really well, the digits stand out and are very easily read.
I've not yet changed the battery and the time keeping is bang on.
If you work outside in all weathers using hand tools I can well recommend this watch.
A rugged little time piece that I can see going on forever - well worth the money spent 10/10
on 10 December 2012
I bought this on special offer in the Black Friday promotion. And the price was about right, not sure it would be worth the £60.00 RRP, as the body is plastic, having said that it's very Lightweight and comfortable, and exactly what I wanted for a simple everyday watch. No bells or whistles but nice luminous hands and great Indiglow for when It is really dark.
Good Points:
Very Light and functional,
Good value product, if you can find it under £30.
Has a loud tick (which I like),
A nice watch to tell the time with,
The only negatives that I have found so far are the date needs to be set at the end of each month & the plastic case could be it's weakness in time.
Overall I would recommend to any one looking for a good quality basic watch.
on 16 January 2013
A very light watch for the size. It's a very simple watch with a useful Indiglo light.
The strap is alright as well.
Bought it for less than half the price on Black Friday deals. Very good value.
on 16 June 2013
For a watch mad boyfriend I wanted an everyday dogwalking, gardening type watch.......for the price it represents excellent value and does what it's supposed to do. No frills. good looking and functional
on 28 November 2012
Bought this on offer from amazon and must say for less than a score of quid it's a bargain.
Watch is made of plastic and the bezel is fixed and for decoration only, and while I don't normally buy watches like this it was so cheap I had to buy it just for a general everyday watch.
Strap is material and held together with a velcro band, so it's very soft and comfortable to wear.
Face is easy to read at anytime and the way it illuminates when you press the crown button is better than any of my other watches.

If you can get it cheap, it's a bargain, wouldn't like to pay full price for it.
on 5 February 2013
This watch is OK, and probably good value at the price, but be aware that the outer time ring seems to be for decoration only and doesn't rotate. I'm assuming it is intentionally glued in place and not just faulty, but the Amazon feedback system makes it difficult to query the issue rather than just return the item - and at the price (versus repacking it, finding somewhere in town to park, and queuing at the post office) I've decided to keep it.

It's a shame though as my previous (different model) Timex Expedition watch had this as a functioning feature, and I often found it useful as a timer.