on 4 December 2012
Bought this because I love The Night Before Christmas and I was also looking for an advent calendar. The book is a good size with colourful illustrations. The advent calendar is superb although I didn't realise when I ordered that it is actually attached to the book. The detail on the 3d calendar is amazing - an old fashioned four storey house with everything in it that you would expect and more. Another nice touch is that the pictures inside the doors match in with the decor of the house. This will definitely be a keeper and I'm sure will be brought out for many years to come. Would happily recommend.
on 1 January 2013
Nine-year old grandson took it to choir school and back home, all in one piece. His three-year old brother also loved it.

j
on 7 December 2013
I love Christmas and even as an adult get excited about it.
I bought this to instill the same kind of magical excitement in my daughter. I'm not sure it's working (she's only 21 months!) but I'm loving reading it every night before opening the next window in the beautifully detailed pop up calendar at the back of the book.

The only problem so far - we can't find the number 7!!!
on 5 February 2014
The story is the best part of this calendar, the advent calendar at the back is impratical to use as it is difficult to get it to stay open without leaning over, some doors are hard to find and even harder to open, I'm getting an ordinary advent calendar from now on, buy this and you get an illustrated story and a calendar you won't want to use again.
on 22 August 2013
I've never seen somethiong like this, a wonderful book with a sweet story in rhimes and a georgeus adventcalander i 3D. The girls didn't belive thir eyes when they aunfould it and are looking forward to Christmas alrready (It's the 22 nd of August ;)
on 2 April 2013
Not necessarily for a child, these are for anyone who values traditional Christmas gifts. Good quality product but probably wont keep the xbox generation occupied for long
on 25 December 2012
Beautiful book and story and the pop up Advert Calendar is lovely. The doors can be hard to find and in difficult places and so hard to open. otherwise just what I wanted.