on 10 November 2012
We received this glorious machine yesterday. It's simply jaw-dropping to look at. I bought it as a new PC for myself and it sent my staff off whimpering "I want one....."

PROS:

The screen is lovely and needed very minor calibration. The critics will complain that it's only 1080p, unlike Apple's higher resolution iMac screens. I guess this is true but the iMac does not have a Blu-Ray player or a 10-point Multi-touch display. At the point I am writing this, iMac did not have an Ivy Bridge i7 either. I had been drooling over iMacs for some time but never bought one. I am glad I waited for this instead. This makes working life a joy. I may even buy one for home.

It doesn't come with too much bloat-ware. Lenovo's own utilities will be more useful for home users. I just wish they didn't force McAfee on you, but this is easily uninstalled.

This is how Angry Birds was MEANT to be played. (Angry Birds comes pre-installed!!) It comes with a few touch games, mainly aimed at children. I am sure content will grow as touch screens become more prevalent.

CONS:

Keyboard and Mouse: The mouse and keyboard are not the best. The mouse feels cheap and plasticky, I won't be using it. The keyboard is quite nice and a I would use it if the CTRL and FN keys were not transposed. I've checked all the keyboards in our office (including 2 other Lenovo keyboards and one Lenovo laptop) and on all of them the CTRL and FN are in the correct place. This keyboard has them the other way around. If you are a touch typist like me that uses the CTRL key a lot, this will drive you nuts. The keyboard that came with this machine went back in the box after an hour.

HDD: I wish there was an option for an SSD hard drive. The performance of the installed WD HDD is the only thing that lets it down in benchmarking.
44 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 December 2012
I used to be a fully paid up Techno-phobe but this has changed my whole outlook. Easy and simple to use. I didn't know that technology could be this much fun. The shape of things to come
on 3 March 2013
Computer is good, but fairly slow, keep getting small operating hiccups like, sometimes explorer hangs for a few minutes before allowing me to type in the search box
However there have been no major faults and it seems to be a good stable platform for running other software programs, I just wish that it was a bit faster, with a bit more sparkle to it.
on 25 January 2013
I bought one, set it up but after 2 days I reset to factory settings and returned it. Why? Because it is just too noisy. The fan never switches off and if you need some peace and quiet while you work, this will drive you mad.
on 20 April 2013
Didn't read the small print and it arrived with Win 7. Upgraded smoothly to Win 8 and MediaCentre and now works fantastically. Only small niggle is the constant fan noise which you could do without when using it either quietly or as a soft music media centre.
on 3 January 2013
I looked forward to getting the A720.
Looked Great. It was dead on Arrival. I think all PCs should be tested and Running
before shipping.
on 1 December 2014
I have a question. I am a international student, I would go back China with the product this winter, may I apply VAT refund
on 1 January 2013
difficult to set up as no instructions with it all in all sorry i bought it. why is there no paper copy instructions with it