on 23 November 2012
There have been several attempts to have a "home media server" in the past, including the TrimSlice and the Cubox. Unfortunately, due to hardware/software issues (or both) the previous two were returned, with a general look of disgust on my part. The Zotac is slightly more expensive than either of those two, but boy is it worth the difference. Firstly (sorry Linux people), but the previous two run on Linux, which has proven to be a pain to use and they are also primarily supported by other users of the device. This last point is not bad as it makes them more flexible, but it can take a while to do. However, the Zotac has the capability of running Windows, which wins it over (for me at least). I would absolutely recommend this for other people wanting a simple small home media server.
44 comments|4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 May 2013
I bought two of these and used them to drive Tweetdeck displays at work on 47" TVs, with wireless keyboard/trackball combos. Had problems with Windows 7 not automatically connecting to wireless, but that was likely a Windows 7 issue, not an issue with the PC itself. They're not the speediest of PC's, about equivalent to a netbook, but good enough for what I wanted and cheap.