5.0 out of 5 stars "Here's What I Believe" a must have album.
Today sees the launch of Joe McElderry's fourth album, the third with Decca Records. Joe has travelled along way musically since he won the X Factor title so convincingly in 2009.

In some ways it has almost been a cathartic experience during which time the boy from South Shields has had some serious growing up to do. He has come through a baptisnm of fire...
Published 23 months ago by Anthony Thompson

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed
Not Jo at his best. Well known songs are slowed down and it all becomes a little boring. Gets better from track eight but unless your a real Jo fan, you would have turned off long before now.
Published 11 months ago by TonyV

‹ Previous | 18 9 10 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars music cd, 21 Jan 2013
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
i really like this artist was a bit disappointed with songs but his voice is as lovely as ever not bad to listen to

4.0 out of 5 stars You are great ..., 12 Dec 2012
G. Minette (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
But I am a great fan of pera and classical music... Although I liked this different style I prefered when Joe sing classics, by far.... Joe should trust himrself more... He has a great voice

5.0 out of 5 stars got for my mum, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
brought it for my mum as she likes him,i only liked his first single and none of his other songs

5.0 out of 5 stars joe mcelderry, 11 Oct 2012
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
love this new album from joe.love his voice and is a great album to chill out to.i love "when i need" you x

4.0 out of 5 stars progress, 18 Sep 2012
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
GOOD ALBUM ! SUNG REALLY WELL BUT LIKE JOE"S FIRST ALBUM CLINICAL.THERE IS NOT THE EDGE THAT YOU GET WHEN ONE SEES HIM LIVE .
HE IS THE BEST LIVE ACT I HAVE SEEN .IT WOULD BE GREAT IF DECCA PRODUCED AN ALBUM FROM THE FORTHCOMING TOUR .BUY THIS ALBUM
BUT DON"T MISS THE CONCERT .

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite Good, 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
I discovered Joe through his youtube videos. Unfortunately, he is virtually unknown in the USA. For some reason, his voice appears to have become higher since his X-Factor days when it was deeper and richer. Overall, this is a very good CD. The standouts for me are:
Somethin's Gotta Hold of My Heart. This is a much better version than the original. It showcases Joe's voice perfectly and on this track, his voice is closer to his X-Factor days in terms of huskiness. The arrangement is gorgeous with sweeping violins. I give this track A+. Skyscrpaer is equally beautiful, again with a great arrangement and approach. Again, an A+ for this track. Love Of My Life presents a great interpretation of the Queen song, A+. When I Need You and I Don't Want To Talk About It receive A. These are beautifully interpreted by Joe. To have A Broken Heart is a beautiful ballad and receives B+, as do How We Love, What Have I Done?, and I Look To You, the latter being a Josh Groben-like ballad. The title track, Here's What I Believe, receives a C. It seems to lack a catchy hook or melody and perhaps Joe should have chosen one of the catchier tracks for the single. What Have I Done, in my opinion, would have been a better choice if he preferred to choose a track penned by him. Also a C is the lovely E Penso A Te simply due to the lack of flow of his Italian. Refer to the many outstanding Italian recordings of the great Connie Francis where the italian sounds natural and dramatic.
I am enjoying this CD a great deal. I've listened to the entire CD twice and I feel that with additional listens it will grow on me even more. Very good job!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
All good. There really is nothing to add.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: Here's What I Believe (Audio CD)
Love this guys albums, have all of them

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 24 Aug 2014
He grows on you

4.0 out of 5 stars Well done Joe, 21 Aug 2014
Mr. D. Ridehalgh "David R" (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Very good CD

‹ Previous | 18 9 10 | Next ›

Here's What I Believe
Here's What I Believe by Joe McElderry (Audio CD - 2012)