5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating adaptation!!
I live in Michigan, saw the film in Toronto and could not wait for the US release of the DVD and bought the UK version! I cant wait for the US release of the DVD so I can watch it on my TV and not just my laptop!

Published on 9 Sept. 2012 by Penny Gibbs

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor....
If you liked 'Trainspotting' and 'Acid House' then you'll be disappointed with this film...poor acting and the accents are all over the shop! Stick with the book folks...
Published on 15 Sept. 2012 by RezilloRoss

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating adaptation!!, 9 Sept. 2012
Penny Gibbs (Michigan) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy [DVD] (DVD)

The acting was real, genuine and at times heartbreaking. Adam Sinclair and Kristin Kruek were beautiful together as Lloyd and Heather and Billy Boyd as Woodsy stole every scene. His hospital scenes were incredible! Rob Heydon's take on this Irvine Welsh novel was perfect, beautifully shot with spectacular views of Scotland. Well done!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The class A movie of 2012, 27 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy [DVD] (DVD)
I very nearly didn't buy "Ecstasy" as I doubted it would stand alongside the likes of "Trainspotting" however I'm very glad I made the purchase. Produced and directed by Rob Heydon, this is definitely another Welsh adaptation worth watching.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor...., 15 Sept. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Alittle dissappointed in movie(not seller!), 25 Jan. 2014
Mr. J. Gordon "Avidfan" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy [DVD] (DVD)
Guess I was expecting a new version of Trainspotting, wasn't going to happen, my mistake, but couldn't get into it at all
Looking forward to watching Filth.

5.0 out of 5 stars ecstasy outstanding, 18 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy [DVD] (DVD)
great film very close to real life and a insight to the clubbing scene also an amazing soundtrack in all a very great film well worth the money

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Trainspotting but brings back good memories ..., 28 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy [DVD] (DVD)
... a very competent and entertaining rendition of Mr Welsh's most positive work. Love the club sequences and has a nice soundtrack too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy, Great! Awesome! Love it!, 9 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy [DVD] (DVD)
I love this movie, well performed by the actors, and well directed. Is a fan of Billy Boyd and he is amazing in it. I pre-ordered it and I'm so glad I did. If you enjoy, great acting and directing see it!

3.0 out of 5 stars disappointed, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy [DVD] (DVD)
having just read Irvine welsh's book ecstasy and really enjoying it I thought I want to watch the film and it was a great disappointment, it wasn't like the book at all, I really enjoyed trainspotting and filth but this was nothing like as good

1.0 out of 5 stars Nothing ecstatic about this movie!, 2 April 2013
K. Henry (Irvine, Ayrshire) - See all my reviews
I'd like to start by saying that I loved the Trainspotting film, and The Acid House was pretty good too. I am and always have been a huge fan of Irvine Welsh's writing. If that also sounds like you, then PLEASE don't waste your time watching this film. It is absolutely without merit. Terrible acting (and I mean really bad), hardly any storyline to speak of, and badly shot. The only bit that made me smile was when I saw that Rush guitarist Alex Lifeson was playing a small part as a hospital doctor. That's only because I like Rush, as his acting was as terrible as everyone else's! Put simply, this is 90 minutes of your life that you'll never get back. Spend it more wisely.

1.0 out of 5 stars Up there with Moonwalker as the worst film ever., 26 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy [DVD] (DVD)
This film is so bad, I felt I had to write a review. There's just no way Irvine Welsh could ever have put his name to it.
Bearing absolutely zero resemblance with the excellent book, a shocking cast of truly repugnant actors, (a fairly high percentage of the Scottish accents are absolute cringe-fests themselves), please, for the good of your own sanity, do not buy this film.
I'd rather stick forks in my eyes than have to watch it again.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy [DVD]
Irvine Welsh's Ecstasy [DVD] by Rob Heydon (DVD - 2012)