4.0 out of 5 stars A really handy guide, 5 Oct 2013
I have just come back from a safari where I found this guide really useful. It is fairly slim and light so I could easily carry it on safari drives. It has helpful comparisons of sizes and weights of animals - excellent when trying to distinguish between different antelope. It even has pages of footprint comparisons and, surprisingly useful, dung comparisons!
I would definitely recommend this to anyone going on their first trip to look at south african wildlife.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book!, 25 Aug 2013
Used this book recently on a holiday safari in South Africa/Swaziland. Very useful. Didn't really see anything that wasn't covered in this book and it fitted in my pocket!

5.0 out of 5 stars my trip to africa, 5 Dec 2013
Many other vet students asked to borrow book while I was in africa doing conservation work. Ideal size packed with many varieties of species. well worth buying.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photos for easy recognition, 21 Nov 2013
I bought this for our recent safari in Botswana. It covered every mammal we saw and makes it easier to identify the many photos we took. I prefer photographs to drawings as I find the quality of some guide book drawing to be so poor you cannot identify things properly. This guide book is small enough to carry around and the photos make it easy to use.