on 5 February 2013
This was bought for my son for taking to scout camp etc. The light level is good and easily adjustable and the lamp seems well made. It should fit the bill really nicely for safe, suspendable illumination in a tent.
on 1 March 2013
These lamps are brilliant and I would highly recommend them. Great for power cuts, camping and anywhere you need a light basicially. They do a brilliant job.
on 8 November 2013
Nice bright light but they use D cell batteries not AA, otherwise great for camping or in power cuts anytime
on 23 August 2013
This lamp looks good which is why I chose it but it doesn't give off much light and the batteries are hard to fit in. They keep popping out as the compartment seems too small. Sometimes the batteries need adjusting to get it to switch on. All in all it's okay for the money but not very functional.
on 6 March 2013
Fab product, so much more safer than paraffin lamps, used for our theatrical ghost tours, they have just the right amount of light, have now got 2, and will get more. Whoever made these commercially available at this price deserves a medal.It has saved a lot of headaches when you can't have naked flames on a stage.
on 15 December 2015
I am giving this 3 stars because:
PROS:
It looks fab
When it's working it gives off a great amount of light
It does exactly what it says it does
I liked the dimmer function
I love the idea of an old fashioned lantern with modern LED's

CONS:
It feels a little flimsy in the metallic parts
In order to make this work I had to fit the battery plates properly as they weren't cut to the right size so one side wasn't in place, which meant the batteries wouldn't fit in. I had to bend the metal outwards quite a way to accommodate the plastic plate for the batteries, and then bend it back over the plate. The batteries are now jammed in there and I'm not confident that I could ever get them out again! Lol!

I couldn't send this back for a replacement as it was for a birthday present and I didn't have time to wait for another to be shipped.

So in summary, it may need you to tweak it a little in order to get it to work, but once you have done that it works well and it a really pretty little lantern.
on 11 April 2014
These do exactly what we want. They are lightweight and easy to carry about the house, yet stand firm when needed. We bought two and have placed them strategically in readiness for the next power cut! Good value for money for occasional use and no longer any need for the oil-filled hurricane lamps. They were well-packed and came quickly.
on 31 December 2013
Not happy so sent it back- some led bulbs didnt work, was not very good quality at all. Nice design though!!
on 19 August 2013
My wife laughed at me for how pleased I was with this! It's great for the garden (and will be, I'm sure!) for power-cuts. It looks 'real' if you don't get too close & works really well. I like the dimmer function. Fantastic value for the money. I'm thinking of getting another one.
on 7 January 2014
A basic, value lantern.
Pros: price - even if it is quite cheaply made, for <£8 with delivery it's fine. The LEDs are quite bright, and it is turned on via a rotational dimmer switch (which works, but doesn't really control the dimming very incrementally). It takes 4 AAA batteries which is nice & easy, have left it on for a couple of hours & still going strong. Looks quite good - has a certain rustic authenticity (?) & hangs nicely in my shed.
Cons: not as bright as expected, not as big as expected, not as solid as expected - but I think my expectations were too high & it's plenty good enough for the price!.