4.0 out of 5 stars Historical fantasy romance
Well I enjoyed it, no doubt. It was easy reading, the characters were interesting and had plenty of dimensions, and the historical detail was great.
I was drawn in by the set up of a half-faerie heroine who has never quite fitted into her `place' in society, and the independent minded knight Phillippe who has a dark secret to hide.
For me, the best part of...
Published 10 months ago by Deborah Jay

2.0 out of 5 stars Faerie fairly average
Enjoyed reading this book in a nice mills and boon kind of way. Standard strong woman wants strong man. Both fight against love then sex by numbers scene. Eventually love conquers all. Shame really as it could have we been built up to a decent story with some history thrown in.
Published 19 months ago by mrs m m duddy

2.0 out of 5 stars Faerie fairly average, 20 Jan 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Historical fantasy romance, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Faerie (Kindle Edition)
For me, the best part of this novel was the dialogue, especially in the latter part, and I will probably read more by this author.
Why not 5 stars? Because I found the tale just a little too long, despite the pace being quite even. Perhaps another edit would have tightened it just that bit, and also picked up on the incidences of repeated words that were rather distracting.
And I'd have liked it better if there had been more foreshadowing of some of the rather convenient revelations that were crucial to the resolution.
Overall, a recommended read for those who love historical romance with a paranormal twist.

2.0 out of 5 stars sort of good., 9 July 2014
Baxter (Portsmouth, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faerie (Kindle Edition)
I sort of liked it. I like mystery books with some added peril and a little bit of romance (not too much or I'm bored). It started off OK with me, there was a bit of mystery and some peril but I soon got fed up with Philippe le Peregrine, the leading man. His "shaft" interferes a lot with the story. Its either engorged or throbbing or moving or doing something. I found it distracting. I thought the book was an easy read though and I'd probably give it 2.5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars A Mediocre Hodgepodge of Familiar Tropes and Gimmicks, 19 Sep 2013
Thomas Elce (Nottinghamshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Faerie (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Delle Jacobs has such a graceful writing style that even when she's peddling junk, she almost tricks you into believing her story shall go somewhere interesting even as your head tells you that you should know better. Above all, her minor fictions aren't as painful as some of the duds being thrust on the paying public by Montlake Romance. Alas, her Faerie is just a hodgepodge of way familiar tropes and gimmicks that, despite having the added benefit of sympathetic characters (which is were Jacobs excels the most!), is only ever going to be an acquired taste -- and even if I wouldn't call it bitter, I still can't quite stomach it. For me, her Loki's Daughters was a much more interesting book, with historical themes that worked despite repetition and some unbelievability. With this one, I found nothing worth latching onto and the memory of it is evaporating quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Fantasy Bodice Ripper!, 27 May 2013
T. Walker (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Faerie (Paperback)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I thought this book was just going to be a fantasy novel - I didn't notice it was to be published by Montlake Romance. Oh well, I thought, now I've got it, I might as well read it. Once I got past the pasionate clinches I quite enjoyed it!
The tale is set in 11th century England, and tells of the turbulent relationship between Leonie of Bosewood and one Phillippe le Peregrine. Now Leonie is shy around Phillippe, which makes it hard enough, but she's also half Faerie (yes, they've spelt it that way) so she has special powers - she can outshoot Phillippe with a longbow and humiliates him by doing so. Phillippe, meantime, is under a curse that any woman he loves will die by his own hand, so he can't allow himself to get involved. So of course he does, and this causes all sorts of mayhem.
Add in a "Hag", a dog, Ilse, with special powers (including flying), various monsters, sorcerers and shades and you have a book that travels at a fair pace. The characters are quite well written, but are beset by doubts - "Does he/she love me?" and that sort of thing. And the author makes an attempt at an 'Olde English' feel by chucking in small archaic words - 'haps' for 'perhaps' and so on. It doesn't work very well, perchance.
So yep, if you enjoy bodices being ripped and manly shafts and stuff, this could be for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars This was a great read. A very good mix of fantasy historical ..., 15 July 2014
J. Hadley "Beckett" (Cardiff UK) - See all my reviews
This was a great read.
A very good mix of fantasy historical fiction. I enjoyed the story a lot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Faerie (Kindle Edition)
I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed this book as it's not my normal read.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantasy, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Faerie (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant like this authors` slant on fantasy

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed emotions, 14 July 2014
Sm Campton "Penpal3004" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Faerie (Kindle Edition)
I mostly liked the book and I'm glad I read it but it's not a easy read, can be confusing and what it built up to was over very quickly, but again worth a read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Faeri worlds and magic, 8 July 2014
This review is from: Faerie (Kindle Edition)
not an intellectual read but a great way of escaping this mortal coil!! Really entertaining, imaginative and thought provoking. A really good twist on the legends of medieval Britain.

Faerie