on 28 July 2013
Bought this as my Dad needed to take tablets. He previously had one of the boxes that are split in to segments of days. I used to load the tablets into the compartments of the box, then check a day or two later and find that there were tablets in days already gone, because Dad had accidentally swapped the days around. Once I bought the automatic dispenser, the whole tablet taking regime worked like a dream. Firstly, Dad can't forget, because the alarm goes off. And secondly, if he does happen to miss an alarm, I can see, because the tablets are still in the dispenser, when I come to refill it. Having gone through months of worrying about whether Dad was getting any benefit at all from his meds, because he took so few of them, I can see the benefit in his health already, just because he's now taking them regularly. And as an added bonus for him, he doesn't have me nagging at him all the time about missing pills!
on 1 April 2014
If someone has to take regular doses of tablets, and is forgetful then this product is the answer. It has been in use for several weeks now and my mother loves it. This is so simple to setup and use, and above all take the guess work out of the timing of medication.
Large compartments can hold quite large doses of tablets, and depending on frequency of doses there are many of the compartments. You can set the timers for 1, 2, 3, or 4 timed dosage. When it's time for the dose it advances the compartment by one step and flashes the light to alert you that it's time for the medication. You can also set an optional audible alarm.
This is a very sturdy unit and I have tried advance the tray and it will not move once the lid is in place. The lid can also be locked to stop the lid being opened, and even turning it upside-down will not mix the tablets between the compartments.
In conclusion - This is simple, easy and wonderful to use. If you need regular, and safe medication doses then look no further.
on 9 September 2013
This pill thing wotsit has changed my life...I can now go away for a weekend, knowing that at least the medication is sorted...in fact, until I put this 'regime' in place, I had no idea that my Mum wasn't actually taking the tablets that she needed to take at the time she needed to take them..it takes a while to set up and it takes some concentration juggling with the different tablets, but once you get into the swing, it's brilliant, it also helps you to reorder the prescriptions in time (which is another HUGE responsibility, making sure that you don't run out over a bank holiday ). Money well spent
on 21 March 2014
We bought this for my elderly Mum who was struggling to keep up with the quantity of tablets and time variables to take the tablets. This is an excellent product. We have chosen to use the machine for 3 doses a day which can last up to 9 days before we have to refill again. The alarm is clear to hear, even without her hearing aids. We feel happy she is medicating properly and she is so pleased to have this done for her. We are able to lock the product so it is tamper proof. Really, really good idea and quality product. It has made our lives so much easier when caring for Mum. Well worth the money.
on 29 January 2013
It works just like I expected. It works great and is very useful.

The only negative aspect is that sometimes the pills get stuck inside, but that's a small matter.

Otherwise is perfect.
on 22 February 2013
Takes some of the worry and confusion away. I no longer have to be concerned about my mother taking her tablets
on 28 March 2014
Mum kept missing her tablets, and constantly telephoned panicking
Now that is a thing of the past.
It's the best investment ever made. No more worrying as to whether she has missed her medication
on 16 February 2013
It aint perfect , but is a vast improvement over weekly pill boxes . good value.I can fit the days pills into two compartments so it lasts two weeks for one fillup.
on 29 March 2013
This has given my mother back her independence. She suffers with Parkinson's and has been forgetting whether she had taken her tablets, since using this dispenser, she has been much better.
on 21 February 2013
This item is great easy set-up and peace of mind knowing my mum cant mix her tablets up. very pleased :)

See one answered question