4.0 out of 5 stars Great little toy
Published on 4 Sept. 2012 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars You can't go wrong for the price
Great little mixer. It's not gonna make you a top DJ but great for the price. Easy to install easy to use
Published 16 months ago by S. F. Joseph

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little toy, 4 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Hercules DJControl Instinct 2-channel DJ Controller (Electronics)
Having sold my turntables and other dj equipment years ago I have always kept some form of dj program on my laptop or Desktop pc. I finally decided to buy a controller. I'm just a bedroom dj now with the occasional house party thrown in. I debated with myself for a long time before finally deciding which controller to buy. Having read the the reviews on the E3 (the previous version) i new this would not be a bad choice. The biggest draw been the fact that it has its own inputs and outputs, so you dont need a second sound card. Just plug it in and go, you can monitor your mixes and even plug in two sets of speakers. I received the product about 2 weeks ago, and thought it a bit flimsy at first but it does the job. I put it through a 3 hour session the other day and it held up great although after a while the scratch function went a bit haywire. but Im no turntabalist so this is not realy an issue. It did sort itself out though.

Djuced is not as tight as virtual dj though, it takes a while to analyse tracks for BPM but once again it is just fine for what I will be using it for. I only have VDJ home addition on my current laptop and you cant use a controller with it.

This console is by no means meant for proffesional use. in my opinion there are much better ones available for a price. but if you are just starting out or want something for your house parties you cant beat the price, £75-00 is a bargain for a piece of DJ kit, decent headphones cost that much.

Hope you find this helpful, if your on a budget buy it now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product at a good price point., 9 May 2014
The Hercules DJControl Instinct is a great little product and I am glad I bought it, as if like me you can not afford one of the big boy controllers then this will work for you just fine.

The controller as (Almost) all of the controls you need. With the exception of gain control but don't let this put you off. The product works first time straight out of the box. Just plug n play and off you go.

I do not use the bundled software DJuiced but that does not mean it is not any good, it's just my personal choice. I personally use Virtual DJ and if like me you have the full Pro Version then this controller is natively supported and will also work straight out of the box with no issues.

Can you run a DJ Gig with this controller? Absolutely YES! there is nothing to stop you. At home or in your local club. You can DJ all night long with no problems.

The controller has a built in Speaker 3.5" and twin RCA outputs at the back and one 3.5" headphone socket at the back. Again I do not use these as I have a separate mixing desk to plug the controller into one of the mixer channels. But YOU DO NOT NEED this, and the controller will work just fine if you do not have a separate mixer.

If you have a AUX RCA socket on your hi-fi then you could easily plug the controller RCA outputs to you RCA inputs of your stereo system with out any problems to get more volume.

My controller is plugged into my laptop and I have not experienced any issues.

For a first time controller I am more than happy and I am sure you will too. Don't be put off by the low price. It is a decent little product at an AMAZING price. Does it have all the bells and whistles? No! But at the price I would not expect it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 27 Aug. 2013
K. T. Like "KT.Like" (uk) - See all my reviews
Bought for son as he wanted a starter DJ deck not to expensive but has everything. Download CD/info was a little complicated but that could just be us. But now that is done great and used lots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Du control instinct, 1 Oct. 2013
worth the money,didn't take long to arrive and well packaged brand new and easy enough to use my son is happy with this

5.0 out of 5 stars Review, 14 Aug. 2013
I brought this as my first DJ mixer. I'm very happy and is well worth the money for a well built piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good as expected, 10 Jan. 2015
Bought this as a first DJ controller and I pretty much got the hang of it straight away. It does the job for sure. I used this with Virtual DJ instead of the software that came with it due to preference but I'm sure it does the job still.

The small size is good since it sits on my desk with my laptop, keyboard, midi keyboard and studio monitors.

The build quality seems quite nice. All the different textures look very nice and feel better when you're using it.

I'd recommend it if you're starting out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for an amateur like me., 19 Jan. 2013
A great wee bit of kit, perfect for making you feel that Fatboy Slim better be looking over his shoulder! I've got it set up in a spare bedroom, hooked up to laptop and a hi-fi with a good set of speakers, using the audio output connections. The software supplied seems fine to me, I like that you can pretty much control everything either using the deck itself or on the computer display if you prefer. Nice finish on it, it doesn't feel "plasticky" considering the price. Very pleased with it, I can now take it to parties with the laptop instead of a "mix cd"! One last thing, remember to to get a set of audio leads if you don't already have some if you plan to hook it up to an older style sound system.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great decks!, 25 Jan. 2014
Thomas Hewitt "please help" (England) - See all my reviews
Son requested this as a Christmas present and he's had a great time with this deck, mixing and practicing his DJ skills. Product smaller and lighter than I expected but seems robust and works well. Initial delay in delivery which was resolved quickly and with out issue by supplier. Thanks

5.0 out of 5 stars nice to have this device, 6 Sept. 2013
it just worked to my expectation and looking forwad to getting a the latest version...had no difficulties installing the device...thanx for the business

5.0 out of 5 stars not stopped using this top notch product since it arrived ..., 18 Sept. 2014
not stopped using this top notch product since it arrived an enhanced version of the earlier hercules mixtation with added headphone socket which makes a huge advantage also left and right stereo outputs at the rear of the unit for hooking u to an amplifier sound system bonus