5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
I bought this camera for Wakeboarding and Snowboarding and so far, it's been everything I needed!
Published on 18 Nov. 2012 by dj1706

2.0 out of 5 stars So Nearly there
I looked at both the Chilli Cam and the Go Pro. I decided on the Chilli cam as, although it doesn't have quite the same top HD resolution or go to 25 Meters depth as the GO Pro does, it looks MUCH better value for money, being cheaper and coming with all the accessories.
Published on 11 Dec. 2012 by Andrew M. Davies

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Chilli Technology Sports Pro Action Camera/Headcam - Orange/Black (Sports)
It's waterproof to 5m and doesn't need a case so it's not too big. For Wakeboarding it was really easy to use as it came with a chest harness in the box so that's what I used. It also comes with a Head strap, helmet strap, bike bracket and surf mount....plus a remote controller and an LCD screen as standard....when you put all these accessories together compared to other cams for the price, it worked out a good deal.
You get 30 frames per second in full HD and 60 frames per second in 720p....I've been using the 720p as you get some fantastic detail at speeds and you also get 170 degree camera angle.
The Movie Files are H.264 MOV Files which is handy for taking the Micro SD Card out and putting into an SD Card connection kit and you can watch the files straight from the card on your iPad without any file conversions which will be cool when I go Snowboarding as I won't have to bring a laptop with me. It's also got an HDMI out plug but it doesn't come with the cable....at least it's there and it's easy to play on your TV once you've bought the cable.
You can change the quality of your video recording from Normal to Super Fine and I'm still playing around with this as well as a few other settings so can't tell you which one is best so far. Remote seems easy to use and looking forward to using this when Snowboarding.
Still images taken from the video's I've taken have looked really good and I've had some printed at the local Chemist and up on my wall already!
I thought it was good value and I took a gamble on this Cam due to what you get with it - so far it's exceeded my expectations!

2.0 out of 5 stars So Nearly there, 11 Dec. 2012
It looks a quality device rugged device. All the accessories are well made and a nice touch was to include two extra clear lens protectors that, in the hostile environments the camera would be used in, the protector would inevitably get scratched. The side panel is where you pop in the memory card or connect to the USB. This was my first concern. It looked like a weak point where water could get in. Maybe this is why its only waterproof to 5 meters. It doesn't concern me for skiing, boarding cycling etc But any water based sports would have me a bit nervous.
To use, the camera is fairly simple. Switch it on. Press the button for picture or press the button for Video. So far so good. The included wrist worn remote makes this even easier.
BUT
Try pressing the Tiny buttons with gloves on. The camera also auto switches off after a few minutes and you cant see if it is on or off. A little red light would really help here.I found my self keep stopping, gloves off, switch on, take picture/start video. Then do it all again 5 mins later. The laser pointer when you first start recording is nice, so you can see where to look/aim.
But here is where, for me, it finally all falls down. The software menus are a nightmare. Trying to figure out what tiny buttons to press, to get a result, view files, delete files etc are awful. There may have been a setting to over ride the auto switch off, but I couldn't find it. All in all it was too much for me and so back to Amazon it went.
Oh and the pictures and videos it did take were great in clear light, poor in low light, but I guess that's what you would expect.
A little more work and this would be a great product rather than the frustrating "nearly there" one it is at the moment. Bigger buttons, easier software with the ability to stop the auto switch off and a little light to show its on, would bounce the ratings right up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 30 Nov. 2012
Fraught "G" (Basingstoke, UK) - See all my reviews
Only had it a couple of days... but so far... so very good!

They seem to have thought of everything here without having to pay any extra! Unlike other cameras. The pack comes with 5 different pieces of kit to allow you to mount the camera pretty much anywhere. It has an LCD screen on the back, and a wrist strapped remote control to kick things off when on the move! It even has a time delayed laser pointer over the lens so you know exactly what you are recording or photographing! Genius!

If you want to get into it, you have the ability to alter the ISO, EV, White Balance etc... as well as Night Shot (although i haven't tried that bit yet).

It comes with spare lens covers and seals as well... so it's kinda future proofing it for you too.

All i can say is that i'm really really impressed!

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, 23 Jun. 2013
Been looking at Go Pro but didn't want to spash out that much money, so far this has been good on pushbike and car mounting. Just waiting for the weather to get it on the moterbike! like the array of mounting options that come as standard and the remote on off button saves finding it on the camera and also saves the shake on the film as you try to push and hold to make it switch off. So far no problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 17 Mar. 2013
Used for skiing. Excellent mount. Easy to use. Remote works easily. Looking forward to filming next trip with this camera

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems as yet, 31 Jan. 2013
Everything i have used it for so far it has taken in its stride with superb quality images. I bought it on black Friday for just over £100 , what a bargain

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, good value for money, 20 Jan. 2013
I bought this camera due to all of the extras you get compared to the other action cams in this price range.
After using it a few times in Snowy conditions, under water etc I can say that I am not disappointed at all with my purchase.

This is a great camera, I am more than happy with the quality of audio, video and stills.
All in all a great buy and I can't wait to get some more use out of it!

Chilli Technology Sports Pro Action Camera/Headcam - Orange/Black
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available