5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, paid for itself already
I do not have a great deal of hair and like to keep what I have, short. Used to be called a number 3 or 9mm.

I object to paying a barber 6 to run his clippers over my head.

My wife uses these clippers from Phillips to keep me looking smart. They were charged overnight and seem to be as powerful as the barbers mains ones.

Setting the...
Published 12 months ago by Paul Stewart

1.0 out of 5 stars If you want short cut... turn around and run
I believe this might be well classified or not depending on how long you wish your cut to be. For a long cut (9mm and above), it should be a very very good hair clipper. However, if you wish a short cut (I have the 3mm, shorter if possible), then this is not what you are looking for.

I don't understand how we can land a man on the moon, and still have...
Published 6 months ago by Mr_John_Doe

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars If you want short cut... turn around and run, 6 Oct 2013
This review is from: Philips QC5370/15 Hair Clipper Plus (Personal Care)

I don't understand how we can land a man on the moon, and still have manufacturers that don't understand that a short cut demands a short clipper head. You can't have a arm's length clipper head on a 3mm cut, it just don't work! it's a shame...

Well, if you have not understood yet, let me make it clear: if you want a short cut, this hair clipper will not deliver that to you. The head is huge, will get nowhere near the ear contours, and will prove to be very unreliable in length everywhere else because the clipper head is "smooth" = moveable.

I will need to buy another clipper, even though I will not be able to get my money back for this one...

4.0 out of 5 stars After much trawling, I found some good clippers!, 12 Aug 2013
This review is from: Philips QC5370/15 Hair Clipper Plus (Personal Care)
I spent a ridiculous amount of time, checking reviews, both good and bad, for many, many sets of clippers.

My conclusions were that most clippers have flimsy guides, so my priority when buying a set, was that they didn't snag, and if rechargeable, that the battery would last.

These clippers have been charged once since I got them, I've used them several times, with no problems, and am a very happy customer.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good value, paid for itself already, 18 April 2013
Paul Stewart (Stocklinch, Somerset) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

I object to paying a barber 6 to run his clippers over my head.

Setting the length was easy, just push the guide up / down so the scale reads 9mm.

Cleaning is quick by rinsing under the tap.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 21 Nov 2012
Beanie Luck Spud (Cotswolds) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I managed to cut both my brothers and nephews hair with relative ease with these trimmers, much more so than the ones i had before.

I did my brother a number 3 all over and it took me less than 5 minutes and my nephew's hair i did a 4 on top and a 2 on the sides and it was literally 6 minutes.

Normally, well at least with my old ones anyway, i would spend ages going over their heads looking for uneven parts of the hair where the clippers hadn't grabbed it but these were brilliant, completely even and no stray lots.

My partner also used it and was very happy with the results.

At this price and the fact that they are cordless and so easy to use, i would definitely recommend them and save your self a fortune going to the barbers.

5.0 out of 5 stars prompt delivery, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Philips QC5370/15 Hair Clipper Plus (Personal Care)
merchandise exactly the same as presented in the picture and video very good quality. the brand has good recognition. I suggest to buy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product...but beware!, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Philips QC5370/15 Hair Clipper Plus (Personal Care)
I chose these clippers to cut my husbands and sons hair. Fantastic job once I got used to them but initially thought I could carry on where I left off with our old clippers. These have a wheel to give you the correct length, I was used to plastic guards of 2, 3, & 5 etc.. These start at 3 and 3 is probably a 5 based on traditional settings. My husband was my guinea pig and had to walk round with "very" short hair for a couple of weeks until I got used to the cutting lengths. All is good now though and instead of using 2,3 & 5 I use 6, 9 & 12!

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic but functional, 18 Dec 2012
Chappers "chappers" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been using a Philips QC5170 literally for years, since they first came out. It doesn't hold much charge anymore, but it still does the trick even now. The rotating head initially felt like a gimmick but I grew to rely on it.
This Philips QC5370 doesn't feel like an advancement over my old unit, but in its own way it is just a good. If you have someone else doing your head it produces a nice even cut, and the rotating dial is easy to use. The battery charges quite quickly and lasts a decent amount of time. It is nice to hold in the hand as well.
At the time of review, it appears fair value at 30 but I would argue that you might be just as well looking at the successor to my old 5170, the QC5530 which is currently on offer at just over 26 delivered on Amazon and looks to do everything I have come to depend on, but with a slightly sleeker design and a lithium battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job but...., 17 Dec 2013
This review is from: Philips QC5370/15 Hair Clipper Plus (Personal Care)
I have used home hair trimmers for a number of years, corded and cordless. I have a flat top crew cut with the hair different lengths on top. I've only used the trimmer once since purchase it cut the hair evenly without catching. It's lighter than previous trimmers which is an advantage as it's easier to control the flexible comb guide as it moves over the curve of the head. My only criticism, and hence the 4 star rating is the hair length indicator consist of a very, very narrow slot with small markings and hence is very difficult to read. With hindsight I would have purchased the next model in the range which has an illuminated hair length indicator. Other than this I'd recommend the trimmer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: Philips QC5370/15 Hair Clipper Plus (Personal Care)
Well made solid construction. Easy to adjust use and clean. Holds charge very well, surprise as no case with it though

4.0 out of 5 stars philips hair clipper, 14 Dec 2013
john "john" (uk buckinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Philips QC5370/15 Hair Clipper Plus (Personal Care)
works well I do not find it quite as easy as some designs to use but the lithium battery makes up for this

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›