Price:£48.95+ £4.48 shipping

on 12 August 2013
I spent a ridiculous amount of time, checking reviews, both good and bad, for many, many sets of clippers.

My conclusions were that most clippers have flimsy guides, so my priority when buying a set, was that they didn't snag, and if rechargeable, that the battery would last.

These clippers have been charged once since I got them, I've used them several times, with no problems, and am a very happy customer.

Recommended.
on 19 October 2013
I chose these clippers to cut my husbands and sons hair. Fantastic job once I got used to them but initially thought I could carry on where I left off with our old clippers. These have a wheel to give you the correct length, I was used to plastic guards of 2, 3, & 5 etc.. These start at 3 and 3 is probably a 5 based on traditional settings. My husband was my guinea pig and had to walk round with "very" short hair for a couple of weeks until I got used to the cutting lengths. All is good now though and instead of using 2,3 & 5 I use 6, 9 & 12!
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I managed to cut both my brothers and nephews hair with relative ease with these trimmers, much more so than the ones i had before.

I did my brother a number 3 all over and it took me less than 5 minutes and my nephew's hair i did a 4 on top and a 2 on the sides and it was literally 6 minutes.

Normally, well at least with my old ones anyway, i would spend ages going over their heads looking for uneven parts of the hair where the clippers hadn't grabbed it but these were brilliant, completely even and no stray lots.

My partner also used it and was very happy with the results.

At this price and the fact that they are cordless and so easy to use, i would definitely recommend them and save your self a fortune going to the barbers.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The Philips QC5370 is a really excellent piece of kit that ticks all the boxes if you want a good set of hair clippers at a reasonable price.

This set really does it all.

I received these via the Amazon Vine programme but don't let that fact put you off from the genuine unbiased reporting of this review.
I have another set of Philips Hair Cutters which I use and am able to compare and contrast.
I use these on myself- on my head and on my chest.
I was really pleased with both results.
I also use them to cut the hair of my 87 year old Dad who is in an old peoples home so I really do know what I am talking about. I use this product a lot.

The big advantages of this set are

*The blades- great quality and Titanium tipped they should, with a little care, last a lifetime. They give a brilliant and first time cut

*Easily cleaned blades .
Don't know about you but I prefer just to stick them under the tap and let the water do the work. These are totally waterproof and designed for just that operation.
For the fiddly bits just use the little brush provided

*Fast charging time
Often I take the clippers out of the box and find the battery is run down with these a 10 minute charge will give you 10 minutes of cutting time -plenty to get the job done (A full one hour charge gives you a full hour of cutting)
I have used them with the lead attached on my Dad but to really get the benefit leadless is best.

*Maintenance. These clippers they never need oiling
In other clippers you have to oil the things and get a bottle of oil for the purpose. Now I can never actually recall ever actually doing this. Maybe that's wrong of me but that's one less chore.
* Robust. They come complete with a long 2 year guarantee/ In my book anything over a year is a bonus- If they can guarantee them for 2 long years you can bet you cotton socks they will be robust. Philips will not be expecting the guarantee offer to be taken often up with such a well manufactured set of clippers.

USE
These blades are one step up from the others in the Philips range. I have a set of Philips which are excellent but adjustment can be a bit fiddly.
With these you have a simple wheel you turn and LOCK at the correct height.
With a bit of practice you will soon be up and away.
Cutting is a dream they really follow the contours of the head well and seem a lot better than my other Philips. This was especially noticable when I cut my Dad's hair. It was much easier to get the exact length I wanted.

INTERSTING BITS.
They came from Amazon well packaged.
BUT I was shocked to find that when I took them out of the packaging and I gently brushed the box with my hand the blades switched on!
I was totally amazed by this and maybe mine was a just a rogue batch one but this may be a fault with the packaging.
I would bear this in mind when you order yours.
The battery really is a good quality one as you'd expect from Philips. It should be of course but it is reassuring to note.

ALL IN ALL?

A really great set of clippers that do the job really well and are built to last with a brilliant guarantee.
Recommended five big Stars.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 24 November 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've never cut my own hair before, so I cannot compare this product with anything else (apart from a pair of scissors I suppose). Perhaps not using as much forethought as I should have applied, I took this out of the box, charged it until the green light went off (which took about an hour) and promptly cut my hair. I used the longest setting just to be on the safe side. With the wonderful benefit of hindsight I can now state that you really should, if possible, get someone else to do it for you. That's because I rather comically left a few strands untouched round the back of my head. But I was pleased already; there's no doubt in my mind that this device means that you can stop going to a professional hairdresser, so you could recover the outlay in just a few months; after that - you're in-pocket.

What's in the Box?

Paperwork (Registration, brief visual instructions, full instructions in 8 languages, 2-year guarantee outline in 8 languages)
Mains connector/charger
Cleaning brush
The device itself

There are 20 different settings for length.

The bottom line is that this product works, it doesn't hurt at all, and it's so beautifully simple. I suppose another spin-off benefit is that it could help someone learn to cut another person's hair, and since I would advise the work to be done by someone else anyway then everybody wins. It's hard to fault; so far the only gripe I have is that it's easy to switch it off inadvertently as the thumb tends to rest on the on/off button. That's pretty much it! I have no hesitation in recommending it, there may be better ones out there but for me this one does the job absolutely satisfactorily. I like it a lot already; sorry Paolo (he's the chap who normally cuts my hair) - I may not be seeing you for quite a while.
on 27 January 2014
merchandise exactly the same as presented in the picture and video very good quality. the brand has good recognition. I suggest to buy it.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been using these clippers without the guard to shave my head, and with the guard to trim my beard. They were also used to cut our son's hair and performed perfectly well.

This model is a slight improvement on the QC5360/15 clippers because the adjustable comb is adjusted with a handy knob/wheel next to the on/off button instead of having to pull it out manually as on the other model. The instruction book also says you can rinse the head out, which the instructions for the other model expressly advised against.

Otherwise these clippers are identical to the slightly cheaper ones, but those changes are two of the three things that slightly spoilt the others for me. The remaining quibble is only a small one - the lack of some sort of bag to keep the clippers together with the power lead and cleaning brush.

I am still a little worried about how expensive it might be to replace the comb if it is broken, but the thing seems to be robust enough so with any luck that will not be a problem.
on 29 November 2014
Nice clippers. A charge lasts a good time. Cuts well. Doesn't clog up, but that's because you can just run them under the tap!
I also really like the way that you can adjust the height of the cut. It is slick and feels well made. Time will tell as to whether it goes wrong after a dozen charges! As it is, it's a super bit of kit.
on 29 August 2013
It's good, but really noisy if I compare with my old one. Good build quality too .and clips very well.
on 11 June 2013
The Phillips website claims that this clipper cuts from 1mm to 21mm in steps of 1mm. It doesn't, with the detachable comb on it cuts from 3mm to 21mm in steps of 1mm and without the comb it does 1mm - I wanted 2mm! However, having said that, it is a nice piece of kit, well shaped for easy use.