on 28 December 2013
these are exc if you do the following: add a large dollop of butter, melted to the mix, WHICH IS MADE WITH ANIMAL FAT SO NOT GOOD FOR HEALTH OR VEGETARIANS, but tastes good.. i always make at least 3 boxes at a time as muffins. i add a few T of sugar as well; you can also add kernals of cooked corn. in the US south they use white cornmeal and don't add sugar ;in the US North they use yellow cornmeal and DO add sugar. i def prefer it sweetened and added corn is good. i also just use dried milk powder; cheaper than fresh milk and always on hand for baking
on 5 September 2013
We love corn muffins and corn bread. For years I have been making my own, but when I lived in the states I always used Jiffy.
I have to admit that they are better than my own. I could never quite get that bit of sweet in my recipes. I always used all Jiffy products and they were always a bargain and delicious. Also, they only make about 5-6 good sized muffins so it is just enough for dinner and a couple more for the morning. If you have visitors, use 2 boxes. They will be delivered to our home every few months
so that speaks for itself.
on 16 February 2013
It can be hard to source corn flour/cornmeal (ground corn) in the UK. I have lived in the US for over 20 years before moving to the UK and I've always used Jiffy to make my cornbread or corn pancakes! It's so easy and you don't have to do hardly any work or find your own recipe, since the one Jiffy provides on the box taste great.

I want to note that while cornmeal is gluten free, this box mix is not. Cornmeal is a great substitute for wheat flours but if this is a concern for you, please buy cornmeal on its own.
on 18 December 2013
I'd say that you either know Jiffy and their various products ...or you do not. Needless to say, Jiffy corn muffin mix is easy (and fast) to use and makes fairly reasonable corn muffins.

I'd also highly recommend Jiffy's blueberry muffin mix.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 February 2015
Another one of my top 100 products to be found in my home is Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix. It's quite inexpensive, one need add only 1 egg, a bit of milk, bake and voila! Cornbread is ready in a few minutes. This cornbread is often used as a side for my hamburger vegetable soup, however, since Thanksgiving is this week, I thought I would also post my cornbread stuffing mix recipe. This recipe will make enough stuffing to fill two 8/2 x 11 inch pans.

Ingredients:

4 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix baked and crumbled up
1 or 2 packages of bread crumbs (depends on whether or not you enjoy more or less bread crumbs mixed in with the cornbread - I use about 1 1/2 packages)
8 boiled eggs (cut up in small pieces)
2 large white onions (diced)
1 pkg of celery (diced)
2 cans of sliced olives
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
If you have giblets available and your family doesn't object, cut up and add giblets (my family doesn't like giblets)
3-4 boxes of chicken broth, or 4-6 cans of chicken broth

Mix all ingredients into a very large mixing bowl (reserve the chicken broth). Once the ingredients are mixed, begin pouring chicken broth into mixture, stirring as you pour. If you like your stuffing a bit dry, you will need to use less chicken broth. If you like your stuffing more juicy, you will need to use more chicken broth. I then season my stuffing/dressing with sea salt, garlic powder and a bit of poultry seasoning.

After everything has been mixed, place stuffing contents into your two pans. I normally use two 8 1/2 x 11 inch aluminum throw away pans. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 30-40 minutes at 375 degrees. Remove the aluminum foil for the last ten minutes.
on 28 October 2013
when I don't feel like making cornbread from scratch I just use these.... I bought another shipment.... they are just great... a bit of southern kitchen in a jiff.
on 7 October 2015
Bought on October 4th 2015. Arrived on October 6th 2015. Best before date October 24th 2015. Not in a sealed 6 pack but 6 individual packs simply bundled together. If I could give zero stars I would.
on 4 June 2015
I grew up in the south east of the United States and Jiffy cornbread muffins were a staple. If you've never had Jiffy corn muffins then you should. Hot muffins with either butter or grape (black currant I guess) jelly will make you forget even the worse days. And the smell while they're baking is like catnip for humans. Ok, maybe bacon is catnip for humans, but these come in at a close second.
on 24 January 2015
Perfect for those who like corn bread or corn muffins they go good with chili or chicken or roast anything really I find it best to have them right after they come out of the oven covered in butter!
on 9 October 2014
a bit grainy with the corn grains, but so easy to make, just add one egg and some milk. I have tried using pudding/custard mixed in to add moisture, and chocolate chips to add variety.

See one answered question