Format: Audio CD|Change

on 12 December 2013
If you like Acoustic Ladyland or Polar Bear you will probably like this. Some pretty chunky pyrotechnics on the sax. Great melodies and some very muscular soloing. As a trio it presents a very open sound with some sparce comping on the guitar which also seems to be playing the bass lines. Very groove based music, which I am into.
on 11 March 2013
Some funky grooves and some extreme sax playing! Awesome! Definitely worth getting if u like jazz, funk, fusion. Buy it. Yes.
on 5 November 2012
Lovely tunes, great for chilling out to. In my opinion this album should have won the Mercury award. Alt J are good but Roller trio are reinventing Jazz for a new generation and that desreves to be rewarded. Only downside is that the album doesn't include any information on the songs apart from the titles, it doesn't even state the song's time duration.
on 9 October 2012
Absolutely awesome album, great fresh Jazz tones by the 2011 Peter Whittingham Award winning band, absolutely love the quality of this album with some awe inspiring moments! Heard them on Radio 3! Great band live and all that energy really caught on this album. Ignore at your peril!
on 9 October 2012
I'm going to keep this short. This album is brilliant! Roller Trio are an utterly fantastic band, and if anything, even better live! (not that you'll believe they could be, listening to this)
on 29 March 2015
Highly esteemed professional
on 16 January 2013
This was a present, so in a sense it's not for me to rate it, but the recipient seemed very chuffed.
on 11 December 2012
Heard about Roller Trio through Mercury award and thought I'd get the album. Well it's definitely out of my comfort zone but you have to keep trying new things. My son (who's 17) said he thought it sounded like a bunch of kids playing randon notes on random instruments and couldn't believe I'd actually paid for it! Modern Jazz (I think that's how you would describe it)is an acquired taste and I'm not sure if I've got it yet. Part of me feels that there are probably 3 young men sat somewhere laughing and counting their money - is it a case of 'the kings new clothes' or is this really genius? I don't know. I do know I will listen to it a few more times before I decide. It's a bit like some modern art, is Damian Hirst pushing boundaries or just taking the p? If you like current Jazz I'm sure you'll like this, if not and this is your first venture into this area then borrow a copy first.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 December 2012
Roller Trio was sent and received in good time. This CD was new and therefore in fine quality on arrival.