5.0 out of 5 stars Virus
Very enjoyable and well written. But could it be just a little too real? Could this really happen? Not an easy book to put down, will definately be looking to read more from Heath Buckley
Published 16 months ago by Sue

This book is ok, not terrible, not amazing just ok. I would read it to pass some time but probably wouldn't ever re-read it.
Published 18 months ago by Ms. J. Aitken

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 18 May 2013
This review is from: Virus (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed his first book, read it back in July must have forgotten to review but can recommend this book for the Author's first, have just downloaded his second book and looking forward to reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Virus, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Virus (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars read the whole thing, could do with those 2 hours of my life back, 12 Feb 2013
Ms. J. Aitken (London, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 15 Aug 2012
Lindsay Sabbarton (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Virus (Kindle Edition)
This novel was just a little too real for me. The plot was plausible - this really couldn't happen, could it? The action starts immediately - and I was there, in Abbotstown... The writing is fluid, strong and compelling, as is the characterisation and I liked or had empathy with the poor souls caught up in this dreadful scenario. I really did have trouble putting the book down but did finish it in record time. This author has definitely climbed to the top of my favourites list and I'm really looking forward to his next offering.

Just one small niggle: The author uses 'sat' and 'stood' way too much: 'The doctor was sat at the table...Starky was sat in his car...' 'The soldiers were stood on guard...' The overuse of these two verbs is the reason I have awarded 4* and not the 5* that the novel deserves.

4.0 out of 5 stars Virus, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: Virus (Kindle Edition)
I bought having read the sample chapter which was enough to get me interested.

The plot is contemporary and fast paced. The characters are generally believable although I'd like to have a bit more catch up to see how they got on in the end. Talking of endings it was a little weak and a bit sudden, I'm not giving details though :)

Some overtones of 'The Andromeda Strain' even down to a code name for the virus.

My biggest gripes were the lack of proof reading and continuity e.g. 'him self' rather than himself and a character whose surname remains the same but whose forename changes fron Colin to Christopher. The incident of the US President smoking a cigarette has a discontinuity too.

Overall a good storline and worth reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars satisfactory, 2 Aug 2012
This review is from: Virus (Kindle Edition)
purchased for the wife, it keeps her happy reading, thats good enough for me.
it keesp her quet and stops her talking!

4.0 out of 5 stars Virus, 1 Jun 2012
This review is from: Virus (Kindle Edition)
I found the book throughly enjoyable and well written. The pace was good with plenty of characters and the story line well researched and totally believable. Ironically I had just developed a cold when I read the book and as any other reader will know, felt more than a little uncomfortable as the story unfolded - I kept waiting for the stomach cramps.

Virus