5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking
Published on 7 Mar 2008 by S. Platt

1.0 out of 5 stars tremendously wordy and rambling
this didn't really give me any insight into my own sibling rivalry, very little practical help

most of us simply don't have the time to read such a true-life novel, that this is, with few direct practical statements, and instead a rambling pseudo-intellectual prose that seems more aimed at obfuscation than much real light-shining

I'm afraid it left...
Published on 31 Mar 2012 by rc_rc

1.0 out of 5 stars tremendously wordy and rambling, 31 Mar 2012
rc_rc (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews

I'm afraid it left me cold

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking, 7 Mar 2008
S. Platt - See all my reviews
I thought that I was quite self aware but this book did make me think about some aspects of myself in a different way. Very few books have done that for me. I found her style of writing easy to read. Although the book is about brothers and sisters, it covers the development of a child and tries to go into the mind of the child to see what thoughts it has. I found that this book resonated with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 27 Mar 2009
Diana Goose "Diana Goose" (France) - See all my reviews
I totally agree with the other reviewers of Dorothy Rowe's book. It is very readable, and highly informative. She has a sympathetic insight into just why people behave the way they do and skilfully demonstrates that with examples. She makes you realise that if you can understand why Siblings behaves the way they do, it immediately takes the heat and sting out of any situation and enables one to ultimately forgive. I highly recommend this book to anyone who has a problem with a brother or sister.

5.0 out of 5 stars STUNNING, 28 July 2011
Anthony "1trace" (Stafford, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Another masterpiece from the genius of Dorothy Rowe, with hard-earned examples of her own upbringing with a sister who discovered on her sixth birthday that she now had a little sister and would have to go away for a while. That little sister was Dorothy, who would never be forgiven. Every emotional imaginable is felt reading any Dorothy Rowe book and this one is no different. Sometimes you are left in a daze for days, such is the hard-hitting accuracy. It's like being told something you should have known all along. It can be hard to take, but then you cannot lie to yourself. if you want to improve as a person, read this.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the few psychotherapy books written on sibling rivalry, 11 Dec 2013
Great work, exploring the dynamics of sibling relationships; and how they colour our development and ways of relating - as powerfully as our relationship with our parents or primary care givers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Thought Provoking, 30 July 2013
This was a replacement book for a library book I had enjoyed and wished to keep on my shelves to dip into as I age with my siblings and observe the actions of my own children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Mar 2009
Mich (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
A highly readable and informative account of why sibling relationships can be so irrationally irritating. Read it and relinquish trying to work out what YOU might do to improve the way a difficult family member behaves.