5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and entertaining
Published 15 months ago by Zoltan Kovacs

2.0 out of 5 stars A sad ramble
Some books you pick up &, many hours later, realise all your plans have gone west because the author has captured & led you into imagination. That is a good book; they are many. This is not one of them. The author has what I think of as a strange style: rambling, not using one word when 10 will do & utterly failing to give this reader a picture of where he's going.
I...
Published 21 months ago by PGD

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and entertaining, 11 Jun 2013
This is very informative, amusing and entertaining. I'm always a bit wary of books dealing with psychology that are absolutely loaded with experiments conducted by university students on other university students - I see why they are necessary but this book doesn't have too many of them. There are various personal ancedotes, stories from the press and even TV documentaries which the author uses to illuminate why "counterfactual thinking" can be beneficial. I found that this variety of approaches kept each chapter fresh. I can now talk to my cat or swear at my PC safe in the knowledge that anthropomorphism are animism are good for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 14 Nov 2013
This is an excellent book. It was featured on Unsolved Mysteries on Sky TV several times. It's really about forward thinking, and it works when it's put into practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking material, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: The 7 Laws of Magical Thinking: How Irrationality Makes us Happy, Healthy, and Sane (Kindle Edition)
Simple but effective to use the information in this book to bring about positive changes to your life by knowing the magic that is real

5.0 out of 5 stars A very interesting read, 29 Nov 2012
John New (Buckhurst Hill, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is well written and fits well with others that have interested me such as Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces that Shape Our Decisions and Irrationality and Thinking, Fast and Slow that explore and interpret human thinking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected, 23 April 2013
Sounds like an airy-fairy dream catcher-y book of the kind I wouldn't enjoy at all, but is in fact a well argued, sensible and fascinating look at the ways in which 'magical thinking' permeates the thoughts of even the most sceptical of us. Genuinely thought provoking and original.

2.0 out of 5 stars A sad ramble, 7 Dec 2012
I keep picking the book up & trying to get into it, but I either get bored or fall asleep in the chair. If a book bores me I have to question what its value is. I might be being harsh & it will become clearer as it develops, but he's taking a helluva time to get there. Currently not in my Top Ten.