Style Name: Board Game CluedoChange

on 8 October 2012
Got this as a 7th birthday present for my daughter. My nine year old also loves it and we all enjoyed playing it at the weekend. It is as much fun as I remember, it teaches logic and strategy. Well packaged and presented. A really good quality game.
0Comment43 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 December 2012
My brother bought this for my Mum for Christmas - we are all adults now in this family (or rather big kids), and we had a great time playing it on Boxing Day!

That said, we all agreed that we do NOT like the update of characters, as we feel that one of the things that really gives the game an individual feel is having those original players that we remember from the past. I also don't like the update of rooms, as the inclusion of a bedroom/bathroom makes it seem that the eccentric millionaire Mr Black (the victim) was in fact living in a bungalow. If I were an eccentric millionaire, I'd definitely still have a library and billiards room.

Nonetheless, the main format is unchanged, and this is a good thing. Still lots of fun with the family, whether young or old.
0Comment29 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 November 2013
The 2012 Edition of Cluedo by Hasbro Games is an updated version of the original game of deduction. A few changes from the original - the pawns have been replaced by coloured clear plastic people, which are chunky and good quality. It's obvious from the movers which one is which. Also, the cards have had a make-over, and the mansion has been redesigned. The board is far more detailed than previous editions, and the cards now feature photos of the new 'younger' cast, Green, Plum, White, Scarlett, Peacock and Mustard. The edges of the cards are also rounded, which is a nice change from Hasbro's usual - and less professional - square pointy edges. The only notible change to the original game is the addition of the question mark squares and cards, a hangover from the recent 'Discover the Secrets' edition. If you land on a red question mark during the game, you can take a question mark card which will give you a one off bonus, like a community chest card in Monopoly.

Cluedo remains a classic game, Hasbro haven't tinkered with the basic formula, and as such, this is still worthwhile. Better deduction games are available, but if you haven't already got this in your collection, it's a worthy addition. The addition of two player rules are welcomed and well implemented, and Hasbro haven't cut any corners with this edition of the game. If however you already have an older edition of Cluedo, the addition of the red question mark cards don't add enough to warrant another purchase.
11 comment50 of 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 November 2012
A fun twist on the classic characters, arrived in pristine condition. Arrived on time. Hours of happy mystery solving fun. Not only a game for kids.
0Comment24 of 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2013
Excellent game for the family. It is totally suitable for ages 8 upwards. Can thoroughly recommend it as a gift
on 16 April 2013
It a fun game to play with guests after dinner or with the family on Christmas day. The suggestion that this can be played by two players only is ridiculous, my wife and I tried and after 2 rounds we already knew who the murder was. It's just statistically too easy for two players to play this game! Otherwise, it's a good game and requires attention if you have the patience for it.
on 25 February 2014
I gave it to my two grandsons aged 8 & 6 years & they just can't stop playing it! great for all the family too, of every generation.
on 29 March 2015
Ordered this through Prime as it is needed for 30th March. Great game, great delivery BUT after opening the package, cannot find the yellow murder envelope. This is clearly the manufacturer's fault rather than Amazon and having searched thoroughly, tried to find out how to ask the seller where I should ask for a yellow murder envelope. I am so disappointed that my grandchildren will be missing this envelope as they are the age now that I was when I was given it for Christmas in 1949. Any one got any suggestions as to how I can acquire this missing part?
on 5 January 2015
What a shame Hasbro has dumbed down this classic ...the game itself has not changed to much ....but the location is now what I can only describe as as a Californian playboys dream home , complete with bubble spa in the "on suite" and jet ski in the "garaage" and the characters are straight from the a budget US daytime TV drama ..with confirmed characters such as colonel mustard replaced with "Mustard" who they may as well have called Tyler and been done with it and who would not look at all out of place in a remake of Dawson's Creek ..I'm no blind stickler for tradition but how can you corrupt a classic game so much!?? ...It shows no regard for the UK market , nor does it teach younger players to respect and understand that the past has allot to offer and learn from ...instead turning their heads to the "latest ,consumer driven and shiny" ... It is now so eerily reminiscent of "selfie" world we live in that it makes you roll your eyes while playing it ....making it almost unplayable due to the sniggers .
33 comments15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2014
My girlfriend and I like to play board games together, but because it's just us at home having two player Cluedo available is awesome. Definitely recommended :)