5.0 out of 5 stars Great family fun
Got this as a 7th birthday present for my daughter. My nine year old also loves it and we all enjoyed playing it at the weekend. It is as much fun as I remember, it teaches logic and strategy. Well packaged and presented. A really good quality game.
Published on 8 Oct. 2012 by Faster Stan

This is not CLASSIC Cluedo as the names are not the same, the colours are but its no longer Prof. Plum and Col. Mustard. Also, the rooms are different, there is a Games room instead of a Billiard room and a Living Room instead of a drawing room. Only small details but that was half the fun of the game - it was so posh!
Published 6 months ago by Mrs H

5.0 out of 5 stars Great family fun, 8 Oct. 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Still holds up, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Cluedo Board Game (Toy)
My brother bought this for my Mum for Christmas - we are all adults now in this family (or rather big kids), and we had a great time playing it on Boxing Day!

That said, we all agreed that we do NOT like the update of characters, as we feel that one of the things that really gives the game an individual feel is having those original players that we remember from the past. I also don't like the update of rooms, as the inclusion of a bedroom/bathroom makes it seem that the eccentric millionaire Mr Black (the victim) was in fact living in a bungalow. If I were an eccentric millionaire, I'd definitely still have a library and billiards room.

Nonetheless, the main format is unchanged, and this is a good thing. Still lots of fun with the family, whether young or old.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic game of deduction, 14 Nov. 2013
Alexander Wilson (Mayfield, Midlothian) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Cluedo Board Game (Toy)
The 2012 Edition of Cluedo by Hasbro Games is an updated version of the original game of deduction. A few changes from the original - the pawns have been replaced by coloured clear plastic people, which are chunky and good quality. It's obvious from the movers which one is which. Also, the cards have had a make-over, and the mansion has been redesigned. The board is far more detailed than previous editions, and the cards now feature photos of the new 'younger' cast, Green, Plum, White, Scarlett, Peacock and Mustard. The edges of the cards are also rounded, which is a nice change from Hasbro's usual - and less professional - square pointy edges. The only notible change to the original game is the addition of the question mark squares and cards, a hangover from the recent 'Discover the Secrets' edition. If you land on a red question mark during the game, you can take a question mark card which will give you a one off bonus, like a community chest card in Monopoly.

Cluedo remains a classic game, Hasbro haven't tinkered with the basic formula, and as such, this is still worthwhile. Better deduction games are available, but if you haven't already got this in your collection, it's a worthy addition. The addition of two player rules are welcomed and well implemented, and Hasbro haven't cut any corners with this edition of the game. If however you already have an older edition of Cluedo, the addition of the red question mark cards don't add enough to warrant another purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only small details but that was half the fun of the game - it was so posh, 12 Dec. 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun!, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Cluedo Board Game (Toy)
It a fun game to play with guests after dinner or with the family on Christmas day. The suggestion that this can be played by two players only is ridiculous, my wife and I tried and after 2 rounds we already knew who the murder was. It's just statistically too easy for two players to play this game! Otherwise, it's a good game and requires attention if you have the patience for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars pleased with product, 8 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Cluedo Board Game (Toy)
A fun twist on the classic characters, arrived in pristine condition. Arrived on time. Hours of happy mystery solving fun. Not only a game for kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good game, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Cluedo Board Game (Toy)
I bought this with my birthday money, just for something a little different. I love the younger cast, the clear playing pieces, and the different rooms (although it's been so long since I'd played original cluedo, I don't actual know what's changed.) The one slight niggle, and it's a small one, is that there are no new weapons, but I can hardly knock any stars off for that. I must have read the product description wrong. We've played three times since Friday (a record for me, as I don't like losing), and am looking forward to playing again. We have not yet tried the red question mark cards, opting to play the classic version, but from the looks of them, for example, take an extra go, etc, it doesn't seem to add much to the game play. We will, however, be test driving this feature in the future. What I am impressed with is the two player version of the game. Basically after you've put the solution in the envelope, but before you deal the cards to the two players, you take the first four cards and place them face down at the side of the bed. When you make a suspicion that your opponent cannot answer, then you look at one of the face down cards. It still took some time to work out the solution (and on the third game played, both my brother and I were wrong) and it just gives you a bit of freedom, when you haven't got a third person to take part in the game. The sheets that come with game are double sided, and enable you to play around seven games per sheet. Be good if you could buy weapons expansion packs, but I can't find any. In summarising, it's a good game, and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cluedo, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Cluedo Board Game (Toy)
Excellent game for the family. It is totally suitable for ages 8 upwards. Can thoroughly recommend it as a gift

1.0 out of 5 stars The Classic has given way to the Californian ?, 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Cluedo Board Game (Toy)
What a shame Hasbro has dumbed down this classic ...the game itself has not changed to much ....but the location is now what I can only describe as as a Californian playboys dream home , complete with bubble spa in the "on suite" and jet ski in the "garaage" and the characters are straight from the a budget US daytime TV drama ..with confirmed characters such as colonel mustard replaced with "Mustard" who they may as well have called Tyler and been done with it and who would not look at all out of place in a remake of Dawson's Creek ..I'm no blind stickler for tradition but how can you corrupt a classic game so much!?? ...It shows no regard for the UK market , nor does it teach younger players to respect and understand that the past has allot to offer and learn from ...instead turning their heads to the "latest ,consumer driven and shiny" ... It is now so eerily reminiscent of "selfie" world we live in that it makes you roll your eyes while playing it ....making it almost unplayable due to the sniggers .

5.0 out of 5 stars Who stole the yellow murder envelope???, 29 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Cluedo Board Game (Toy)
Ordered this through Prime as it is needed for 30th March. Great game, great delivery BUT after opening the package, cannot find the yellow murder envelope. This is clearly the manufacturer's fault rather than Amazon and having searched thoroughly, tried to find out how to ask the seller where I should ask for a yellow murder envelope. I am so disappointed that my grandchildren will be missing this envelope as they are the age now that I was when I was given it for Christmas in 1949. Any one got any suggestions as to how I can acquire this missing part?

Cluedo Board Game