5.0 out of 5 stars A value solution to mobile broadband
Published on 13 Oct 2012 by Pepper

3.0 out of 5 stars Very poor reception
I was recommended to get one of these for a friend who has very poor land line broadband speeds. Unfortunately this was even slower. I'm sure it would be great if you have excellent Three Mobile reception. Fortunately Amazon took it back no questions asked... thanks Amazon.
Published 17 months ago by MAL

5.0 out of 5 stars A value solution to mobile broadband, 13 Oct 2012
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 3 Mobile Huawei E5331 Mobile WiFi Ready To Go - Preloaded 1GB (Electronics)
I bought my girlfriend a Huawei E586 MiFi unit for work - it was so good that I decided that I'd like to have my own MiFi for use with my iPad (WiFi) version. I looked at this unit in locked form on the 3 Network and functionally there is very little difference between this and the more expensive E586. This E5331 MiFi is the "value model" in Huawei's range, and, in my opinion, its broadband performance is as good as the E586 which costs around £30 more. The main difference between the two units is that the E586 sports an OLED display which displays the amount of data you've used, and, therefore, you get plenty of warning when you need to buy another SIM card. However, you can easily navigate to a web page with the E5331 which gives you all the usage information you'll need, although, it isn't displayed on the unit itself. There are, however, LED indicators for battery power, broadband signal, wireless on and email on the unit.

Battery life is good lasting around 5 hours and a mains charger is supplied together with a USB lead which can recharge the unit from a PC, albeit, more slowly than from the mains charger. You can connect up to 5 wireless devices and connection is simple, you just enter the security code from the unit when prompted, and, that's it - you're connected. Of course with PAYG if you lose the unit your loss is limited to the amount of credit remaining on the card.

One thing that is certain is that it is cheaper to buy a new SIM card on the 3 Network at Amazon prices rather than to top up the expiring SIM card. The two main 3 Network options available are 1GB to be used within a month or a 3Gb card valid for 3 months. There is also a 12GB option valid for a year. I have found coverage to be very good but not perfect - I mainly use the device when travelling from the South Coast to London. If you are momentarily out of range as soon as reception picks up again your mail will be sent or your web page loaded. It's very convenient. Unless you are watching TV or videos even a 1GB data allowance goes a long way in terms of emails and surfing etc.

Overall, a very useful device, and, together with the very good prices for SIM cards on Amazon a sound purchase. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Device, 24 Aug 2012
I use this device to connect my work laptop and iPhone to wifi whilst on client sites. I bought a 1Gb data bundle from GiffGaff for £7.50 which lasted the whole month accessing the internet and downloading my emails, many with large attachments and only used 600Mb in the whole month. I am currently using a £5 bundle and am about half way through my allowance to 7th September.
Speed is not an issue and battery life is good. The beauty of this device is that you just carry it around in your pocket switched on and you have wifi access all the time.
Only disappointment is that I can't use it at home as we have poor mobile signal and you do need 3G coverage otherwise I would have no hesitation in cancelling my BT Broadband (as well as Phone and Line rental).

4.0 out of 5 stars Use bit of kit., 18 Mar 2013
Easy set-up. Use for tablet, laptop, and home pc, better service and speed than Orange dongle. Signal coverage very good. Charger unit interchangeable with Kindle and camera charger, cuts luggage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wi Fi anytime anywhere., 13 Jun 2013
Sparky (Brisbane Queensland australia) - See all my reviews
I was so impressed with this Huawei E5331. just put in yor pocket and switch on where ever you are.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 Huawei E5331 21.1Mbps From Amazon ( My Review), 21 Aug 2012
Bought this for use in a static caravan in a poor signal area.Previously tried a USB dongle and even bought a 3mtr USB extension lead.
Not much success with that option so progressed to WIFI modem.Amazing success just moved modem around inside caravan until a full signal
was showing.Because unit is wireless it can be placed almost anywhere and signal to computer travels quite a way depending on surrounding
conditions.I have since helped friends who had given up hope of mobile broadband in a caravan.Well worth a try if you are having signal problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mobile wifi, 1 Jun 2013
Very quick delivery , very easy to use , never get any problems with signal and was surprised
How fast the download times are while surfing the net
You just switch it on and it works couldn't be simpler than that
Using it on the 3 network
Would recommend this to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 May 2013
Switch it on - it works. No hassle. Brilliant!!! Tablet, laptop and up to five wifi items can use this at same time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super bit of kit, 2 April 2013
have been buying sim cards for over three years. I have bad reception in Bedfordshire. I use the wifi upstairs and get a good reception.

5.0 out of 5 stars really great product, 19 Mar 2013
Works perfectly and easy to set up working in less than a minute, used on WiFi only tablet, check coverage first

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent., 3 Feb 2013
We moved into a house but didnt want a landline and BT contract etc.. So started off buying the preloaded sims for my ipad2 while our laptops sat idle. I spotted this item and thought it would be good, turns out its great and allows my other half to surf on her laptop while i can still use the ipad. Not sure how long the 3gb card will last as we use the net alot, but its alot cheaper than a phone and broadband contract. If your into on line gaming then this is nowhere near good enough, but does suffice for general surfing.
The unit is tiny and I just leave it plugged in, as you would a router on the windowsill upstairs as the signal is better than downstairs. I dont see the point in buying this to carry around with you, unless you bought a wifi only tablet..
Overall very happy with the item.