5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've ever bought.
I bought this as it was something that I had considered for a while, and thought I'd take the plunge, even though there was only one review.
The delivery was very quick and the item turned up before the estimated delivery date.
Published 11 months ago by Danny

1.0 out of 5 stars FRAUDULENT COMPANY - STAY WELL CLEAR!!!
I was contacted twice by EC TECH asking me to modify or remove my honest review, also offering me a gift for my "cooperation". When I refused to lie or to remove this review, THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD AGAIN FOR THE RETURNED ITEM, SAYING THAT THEY DID NOT RECEIVE IT BACK. This is FRAUD and I will persue it legally. It is such a coincidence that I was re-charged the very...
Published 5 months ago by Mike Valeriani

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I've ever bought., 18 Oct 2013
The packaging is excellent, other companies usually use a plastic bag, and i've even had one that had no packaging at all, whereas EC Tech case came in a proper box, and even includes care instructions for the case. They have also included contact details for their Customer Services, even stating reply times, which would presumably take into consideration the time differences around the world.

Starting with the outside of the case, the stitching is perfectly in line with the edges of the case, and there aren't any loose threads at all. The map is different to the picture in the advert and this adds to its pleasure as it will mean that each case is individual and unique. The map also looks 'oldy worldy', which complements the whole style of the case, making it seem like a well read book. The 'spine' of the 'book' has ECTECH and XII in simulated gold, as well as two motifs and outlining, again, adding to the style and design. On the rear of the case, another part of the map is visible and again, follows on from the front cover, and here we have the camera cutout. The cutout is of the normal teardrop shape, aligned with the lens and the flash. I was a bit worried at first, as my iPhone 5s has the larger camera flash, but after some testing, there are no problems at all with using the flash. EC Tech have even made sure that the camera cutout is dark, so that it eliminates any flash problems, and there is no 'bounce back' of the flash into the photos.

The inside of the case is very nice and has been well thought out. on the inside of the front cover, you have 3 vertically arranged slots for cards, with the lower one ideal for use with an ID card or driving licence, as it has a window. These three card slots make up one larger slot to hold some bank notes, another card or two or something similar. I've tested this with my drivers licence, two bank/CC cards, and three bank notes, and it seemed perfectly fine, didn't affect the shape of the case, or the way it closed. Apart from the card slots, which are a very nice thin leather, the whole of the inside is lined with felt, or something similar, which is nice and soft, and won't scratch the phone.
The right hand inside of the case, is where the iPhone is, and again EC Tech have thought this out very well, as they have used a decent leather to hold the phone in place. At first it seemed very stiff and un-pliable, but before i put my phone in, I worked the leather holding the phone with my fingers, as it was flat against the casing. A few minutes afterwards and my phone went in perfectly fine. There is a little tag at the top, which you slot in behind the phone, and this, as well as the design of the leather holder, keeps the phone nice and snug, and it won't fall out. The frame around the phone doesn't impede or affect any of the speakers, the mic, FaceTime camera or sensors. On the left of the frame, there is a nice little cutout for the mute switch, and where the volume controls are, there are two nicely embossed buttons, with the + and -, which adds to the design. The Lightning cable fits perfectly, as well as the headphone/speaker cable, although with the case on, you won't be able to use the Apple 30 Pin to Lightning adapter, due to the thickness of the leather frame. A slight inconvenience but I think that if they'd have used a thinner leather it could have compromised the strength and protection of the case.

Drop protection seems to be good as well, as it's covered on all sides, and even if it opens on the way down, it's highly unlikely to get any damage.

Overall, this is a great case, and so far, the best one I have ever purchased for any of my iPhones. This is the fifth type of case like this and I have to say, it's the best designed, packaged, and value for money. It fits into any of my pockets, with no problems at all, feels great in the hand, is light, and very well made, and so far I can't think of anything bad about it. If this is the sort of product that EC Tech is going to produce, then I won't be going anywhere else for my iToy cases or gadgets.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Beautiful, 19 Nov 2013
I searched and searched for a real leather quality case for my iPhone and after one mistake which I returned, I finally found this one. It is perfectly designed to snugly hold the phone, without the need to wedge it into a plastic holder. Excellant quality real leather and a simply beautiful design. I only wish it was made in the 3GS size so i could buy another one for my husband.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent value for money and excellent quality, 26 Nov 2013
Shazza (Bolton Lancashire) - See all my reviews
Arrived in under 24hrs, excellent value for money and excellent quality. I'd spent a long time looking at reviews for all the iPhone 5 cases and kept coming back to this one. The case is light, neat and thin. It holds 4 cards including my driving licence and some money - just In case! Even with all the additional cards etc it closes neatly. The phone slides into a very well made pocket and certainly doesnt slip out, also if you put the secure tag back in place ( that's the suede and red ribbon) you can't either see it or feel it after that and your phone is even more secure.
I've had many different iPhone cases over the years as models change and must say for the money this is the most attractive and useful, a great buy. A friend noticed it last week and was very impressed - guess what their Christmas present is going to be!
Just bought another as stated before as a Christmas present - its the same great service, quality and value - one of my best buys I feel. By the way the original purchase is going strong, no wear and tear, phone still firmly anchored, spine not splitting and leather outer cover showing no signs of use, and believe me its been used.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent style and perfect flip case, 19 Nov 2013
J. Potter "johniebg" (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have reviewed a few products supplied by EC Technology and in each instance the quality and attention to detail has been a really significant aspect when comparing to like products. This case is designed to look a like a small book when your phone is inside, much like the mini bibles you can get. And it does. The phone slides in without any issues with a small red cloth tab at the top designed to keep it in. In reality the fit is perfect and there is little chance of the phone coming out anyway. The red tab is a nice touch though.

The case flap is on the left and includes a clear plastic panel for an ID card with slots for other cards. There is also facility to safely tuck in folded notes too. The cards all slide in securely and never feel like falling out and never have come close in the month I have been using it.

i have tried lots of cases and have been looking for one I can trust my cards with for a long while. It is the build quality and the attention to detail I previously mentioned that gives you that peace of mind. This case, even with a few credit cards feels great in hand. Slides easily into your pocket and is a pleasure to use.

Although I've been looking for a case that doubles for a wallet for some time I am a two handed phone user. So if I need to type anything lengthy the flap of the case does get in the way, as it would with any such case. You really have to tuck it around the back if you want to type with two hands (two thumbs). If you're a person who seldom uses two hands I highly recommend this case for function, build quality and above all the simple pleasure of holding it. It has a great tactile quality.

I hope this review was helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 Dec 2013
Teresa Hemo "Fleames5" (England) - See all my reviews
Perfect little cover. Bought 2 and would recommend to anyone who is looking for a quality and reasonably priced cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars *UPDATED* Significantly improved, 7 Jan 2014
*UPDATE* 7th July 2014
EC Technology contacted me several time about my previous review and were VERY keen to get me to update it. After several emails they sent me a replacement case. They have clearly taken previous comments about the case seriously and have worked hard to improve it. Firstly my replacement case turned up in a lovely presentation box, making this instantly an ideal gift for someone. The case itself as been redesigned so that the phone is still a snug fit, but now seats properly into the case. The hole for the camera and flash is now well positioned and makes taking pictures a breeze. My original concern was mostly with regards to the cards pushing out the leather and this then rubbing on the screen. Although this has been reduced I can confirm that you can remove any smudges with gentle swipe using the iphone cleaning cloth. I'm very happy with this new version and can recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some thoughts, 28 Dec 2013
Amazon Customer (GLASGOW, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
To start with - I love this!
It arrived packaged up and it felt like some genuine care had been taken.
The finish is lovely and unlike my previous phone case I'm pretty sure my phone will actually stay in it and not just come loose at the first opportunity.
I'm not so keen on the card part - I'm sure it works as intended and would keep cards perfectly safe - and having a place to store some paper money that is attached to your phone isn't a bad idea, but the stitching is leaving marks on my screen (any stitching would and the wipe away easily).
It also has no closing mechanism, which I would be happier if it had.
The map design makes it look unusual and I am really pleased with my purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book you really can judge by it cover, 30 Dec 2013
Ignoring the fact that when I received this product my Wife forbade me from ever choosing my own phone cover again, I really like this product. The leather feel soft and pleasant ans smells like good quality leather should (well what I imagine good quality leather smells like, I don't go around sniffing it a lot) and gives your phone the appearance of the sort of little notepad that organized people seem to find indispensable. My only minor gripe is the slip in phone restraint than sits a little tight and can push the phone up ever so slightly creating sufficient misalignment of the camera to cause problems while the cover is on. A clip in attachment should be considered in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Iphone 5s case, 11 Jan 2014
This case fits my iphone 5s perfectly. It is well made and I like the leather surround that holds the phone in place instead of a plastic frame. Quick delivery and a pleasant follow up email to check that I was happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leather case review, 7 Jan 2014
Quick delivery, well packaged item. Case just what I wanted as it has space for a couple of credit cards, a photo card id and somewhere to hide a bit of folded money. I initially folded the red tag behind the phone making it nice and tight, but then decided to remove it as it did create a small bump in the case in that area and wasn't really needed I thought. Case does feel and smell of leather so don't believe it to be fake in any way and quality of stitching is first class and does look handmade rather than machined. Overall, very happy with case as it trebles up as a wallet/travel pass holder/phone case all in one.