1,683 Reviews
 (1,361)

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI cable as good as the expensive ones.
I purchased this high speed HDMI cable for use with a Samsung Blue Ray player playing 3D films. The quality has been excellent and I have had no problems. I'm glad I paid £4.99 instead of the £39.99 on the one that the the salesperson in PC World recommended.
Published on 8 Dec 2011 by Chris Firth

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite reliable but get what you pay for
I have tried this cable with 3 laptops and two different hdmi sockets on my tv, (Admittedly the fauly could be with my TV) but the picture does seem to disappear for a few seconds every now and then before it comes back, i find it annoying to have to put up with this. However picture and audio quality is very good for a cable of this price which is why i decided to give...
Published 10 months ago by Hussam Hossien

5.0 out of 5 stars HDMI cable as good as the expensive ones., 8 Dec 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., 29 Dec 2010
There simply isn't any need for expensive HDMI cables when there is stuff like this on sale. Works a treat between the PC (output from an ATI 5770) into the TV, picture and sound transmitted without any issues. Superb quality cannot fault it.

One tip, if you have an ATI card you need to open the catalyst control centre and set overscan to 0% in order for it to fill the TV screen. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems as good as any, 22 Nov 2012
John A. Stedman (Rye UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable 3 Feet / 0.9 m Supports Ethernet / 3D / Audio Return (Newest Standard) (Electronics)
HDMI cables are like the Emperor's new clothes it seems. You can spend an absolute fortune on such a cable (and I am talking hundreds) and yet I defy the average man in the street to tell the difference in either audio or video quality between a well made cable such as this, and another costing many times as much. Yes the expensive cable will look nicer and will feel good, but that - to me - is not the point. It's going to spend its' life stuffed in the back of your DVD or BluRay player, where nobody will see it.

I use this cable to feed the video signal to my projector in a home cinema. I needed a quick replacement for a rather more expensive cable which I - er - broke. My screen is a bit larger than most at 3 metres wide (a bit more diagonal). I project a high definition signal from a BluRay source.

Trust me - this cable is absolutely fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth it, 22 Oct 2011
I bought this cable to connect my laptop to my LED TV.. Fantastic results - the picture is amazingly clear and sound quality is great. Highly recommend it for watching TV online.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 20 Dec 2010
The Evil Doctor (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
An superb quality HDMI cable. Good size, good quality connections and ethernet-enabled provides a good degree of future-proofing. I would recommend this over the braided alternative as this cable is easier to position, especially when you have limited space available. Other reviewers seems to debate whether braiding offers any benefits, and I'm inclined to agree that for most people, this cable is as good as you'll ever need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on cable, 5 Jan 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
I bought this HDMI cable to go with my son's new bedroom TV. He can now connect the love of his life aka the Xbox to his new telly and decapitate zombies, call air strikes in, fight Loki as The Hulk and worryingly steal a car and mow down innocent bystanders on GTA!

This cable is 3 feet long and feels very well made/not flimsy at all. The connections are good/solid with a nice tight fit. There's no 'wiggle' once it's in!

Apparently air strikes have never looked so good!

Recommended.

PS - Never pay more than a fiver for any HDMI cable. They're pretty much all the same!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, realistic price, 11 Aug 2012
Mr. Jr Hopkins "James Hopkins" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Great product from Amazon, good picture and audio quality, used on Virgin HD and Apple TV. Not used the Ethernet part, but as another reviewer has said, it is part of the HDMI connector, not a separate connector. Good to see a quality product offered at a good price, Currys you can keep your £35 cable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Budget Item, 9 Dec 2010
A. Marczak "mazzarak" (Mordor) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It may say Amazon Basics on the packaging, but you wouldn't know it was a budget item. It's solidly made, provides an excellent picture from my media player to my screen and is at a very reasonable price. Perfect for when you need an extra cable for your new console!

5.0 out of 5 stars Value, 6 Dec 2012
I purchased this cable to link a Blu-ray player and full HD television it was far cheaper than premium cables and transmits perfectly. Have not got the equipment to test if the Ethernet works.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it days on the tin, 2 Dec 2013
Mark Goodge (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It's an HDMI cable. It's a long one. It's a cheap one. So if you want a long HDMI cable at minimal cost that will work just as well as any other cable, then this is what you want.

There's no need to be misled by monstrous claims that some HDMI cables are better than others at transmitting your data; that's just a combination of marketing and ignorance of basic physics. The only two things where paying more can get you better quality are a) the standard of construction (how likely is it that the cable and its connectors will fall apart), and b) how thin the cable is.

Despite being cheap, this cable is well-made and robust, so you're unlikely to experience any problems on that score. The only thing that gives it away as being a budget product is that it is fairly thick and inflexible by comparison with some. If that matters to you, then something a bit more expensive may be more appropriate. But for a situation where flexibility isn't hugely important (such as a permanent connection between two items that don't move much) then this is perfectly fine. If all you care about is getting ones and zeros from one end of a wire to another, then this will do the job with absolutely no problems at all.