4.0 out of 5 stars Pilgrims Progress
Easier to read than the original translation as all the words flow better because they are written in modern english
Published on 21 Dec. 2012 by FrankieA

3.0 out of 5 stars The Pilgrim's Progress
I have not finished this book yet but will continue. I find the original version and new modern English text very helpful. I bought the book because I had been lent a DVD of the Pilgrim's Progress and wanted to know how closely the DVD followed John Bunyan's writing.
Published on 30 April 2013 by paula

4.0 out of 5 stars Pilgrims Progress, 21 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Pilgrim's Progress In Plain and Simple English - Part One and Two (A Modern Translation and the Original Version) (Kindle Edition)

3.0 out of 5 stars The Pilgrim's Progress, 30 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My second favourite book, 25 Feb. 2015
This is an excellent book. First printed in 1678, it has been translated into over 200 languages and has never been out of print.

I first read this book as a child and loved it enough to read it several times. I rediscovered it again when I was in my forties. Now, in my sixties, I am enjoying it even more. I do prefer the original version, not only for the fact that the large amount of poetry in it rhymes and is better in metre than the modern translation.

4.0 out of 5 stars A journey we all need to take., 5 April 2013
Patrick Hannay (Bangkok) - See all my reviews
I'm not a religous or particularly spiritual person but this is so thought provoking. Oh and by the way John Bunyan's original script is perfectly understandible and stands the test of time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent & Accessible, 20 Sept. 2014
Sharing with our 8 year old son, this version has really made the original story accessible, and opened up so many ways to understand the Christian faith - Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Pilgrim's Progress, 1 July 2013
Peter Bunce (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
The Pilgrim came to life! I especially liked the modern English interspersed with the old English. What a great idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pilgrim's Progress, 13 Jan. 2013
This book is an old favourite. Well worth a read for old and young.
It arrived in good order and on time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pilgrim's Progress kindle, 9 May 2013
this is really inspiring, wonderful to read any time of day, night time seems to suit me, I would recommend this and you need to consider which character you may be

3.0 out of 5 stars Pilgrim struggles!, 28 Sept. 2014
Much easier in plain English. However quite a few typos. Good reminder of pilgrim struggles!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 20 July 2014
I haven't finished reading it yet, but so far it's been a good read.