5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read, full of intrigue and ingenuity
Published on 13 Sept. 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Well......I finished it.
Far fetched is an understatement......one boring con after another . The revenge theme would have been far far more interesting. Won't be purchasing any sequels. Sorry .... but not for me .
Published 7 months ago by Christine K

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read, full of intrigue and ingenuity, 13 Sept. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: If Tomorrow Comes (Paperback)
I've read this book quite a few times now, and I still marvel at Sidney Sheldon's writing creativity. I simply love this story of daring criminality! This book is about a girl who's life is changed drastically when she is framed for a crime she didn't commit. When the one she loves turns his back on her, she finds she is all alone. Help comes from an unexpected source and when she gets out of prison, she simply wants one word - REVENGE. The excellent plot twists and turns, leaving the reader wondering where the story will go next. Sidney Sheldon is an excellent writer - this book is just one superb example. BUY IT if you like thrillers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant! Very clever and entertaining read, 3 Jan. 2015
Laura C (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If Tomorrow Comes (Kindle Edition)
I read and loved all of Sidney Sheldon’s books back in the 80s when they were first published so was delighted to rediscover them on my Kindle. You have to bear in mind his books were written 30 or so years ago, long before the Internet, mobile phones and sophisticated technology were part of everyday life, so younger readers may not appreciate his books.

Our main character, the very likeable and honest Tracy, finds herself framed for a crime she did not commit and in her quest to seek revenge on those that set her up unwittingly ends up becoming one of the greatest con artists ever - but only ever doing over the rich and greedy! OK, so it’s not exactly fine literature or indeed very realistic (especially by today’s standards), but the scams are pure genius, there are so many twists and turns along the way and you’ll find it hard to put the book down. It’s pure fun and escapism. You have to wonder where Sheldon conjured up such a wide criminal mind from and there is no denying Sheldon was certainly an exceptionally brilliant storyteller with a vivid imagination!

The book closes with an opportunity for a sequel. Unfortunately, Sheldon was not able to write this in his lifetime but young writer, Tilly Bagshaw, has undertaken this posthumously, writing under the name of Sidney Sheldon. I’ve not yet read the sequel – or any of her other books – and will be interested to see if she is able carry on the great master’s style of writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars The First Sidney Sheldon Book I read, 31 Aug. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: If Tomorrow Comes (Paperback)
Story is about a girl whose life is shattered due to a horrible set-up that leads to her sentence in prison. After getting out she discovers that work and life is not easy. She ends up getting in the robbery business and becomes a master at it. This book is excellent and even though I read it when I was 16, it really got me into Sidney Sheldon Books in general. Forget about James Bond and forget about the Thomas Crown Affair and Entrapment - this book is miles better by far and still retains a value even now. It MUST be read because I could never put it down - the description of prision life, of prisoners in general is brillaint and Sidney Sheldon is a master story teller; you can tell he does his research. The book is supercalafragalasticatesmealadocous!

5.0 out of 5 stars Varied and Spicy, 6 Dec. 2014
This review is from: If Tomorrow Comes (Kindle Edition)
I read a Sidney Sheldon book some years ago and enjoyed it, so when this came up on Kindle as a bargain offer I decided to buy it. I can see why Mr Sheldon was such a best-selling author. It's a gripping book with various strands and full of excitement. And it keeps you on edge until the very end. In a way it has a touch of Riley the Ace of Spies: one scarcely related, exciting incident after another. And another parallel is The Sting.

The events are on occasion harrowing and on others are perhaps a bit far fetched. Sometimes (pelota in the Basque country, flamenco and Majorcan caves) you feel you might be reading an interesting travel guide, though on at least one occasion it errs a bit. The ancient churches of the Netherlands date back to mediaeval rather than "pagan days". And the "picturesque (coastal) village" of Alkmaar is an inland city of 95,000 people (with a well known football team). On the other hand we are spared explicit sex scenes and schmaltz, except briefly towards the end.

All in all this is a very good read. I found it hard to put down.

2.0 out of 5 stars Well......I finished it., 17 Nov. 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern day girl Robin Hood, 13 Aug. 2012
Frenchie "Francine" - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: If Tomorrow Comes (Kindle Edition)
I read this book about 15 years ago and I remember I thoroughly enjoyed it for the strength of the heroine . The other day, I was browsing Kindle shop and was agreeably surprised to find it in Kindle form and I knew I had to re-read it. The magic of Sidney Sheldon's story telling was still there, but being older and wiser (I hope), I did find it a little over the top. Of course, I still believe that, no matter what life throws at you, you can bounce back, and Tracey, the main character is a proof of that. Basically, the story is that of young woman whose perfect life is turned upside down when she makes the mistake of confronting alone the ruthless man who is the cause of her mother's suicide. Framed for a crime she did not commit, she is sent to a women's prison where she experiences gang rape on the first night and solitary detention. Coming back from the brink of despair, she earns the respect of her cellmates. But one of the inmate is a terrible threat to her but eventually she is released because she does an heroic act on the day she was going to escape (which prevents her from being caught). Once in the outside, she realises there is not going back to her old life and eventually, arrives on the doorstep of a highly double crosser con artist jeweller. But Tracey is not the innocent little girl anymore. She manages to outwit the double crosser, and from then on, there is no turning back. With the help of her British mentor, she become a kind of financial avenger, stealing from the unscrupulous riches (never from the 'normal' rich). She is very successful but lonely. And someone is hot on her trail. She becomes his obsession. He haunts her every step. Will she be caught?
You have to read the book to find out.
I marked If Tomorrow Comes 5 stars. Because the quality of the story is the same as 15 years ago. It is only me who has changed. Which will not prevent me from checking more Kindle titles from the well missed Sidney Sheldon. I have read most of them in paperbacks long time ago and it is time for a re-read.

edited to correct typos.

3.0 out of 5 stars It's a good idea but not well developed., 23 May 2015
B. Bampton (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: If Tomorrow Comes (Kindle Edition)
I think you're supposed to see the leading female character as a victim but in my view she's a cross between a lunatic and a gold digger. (Would you try and threaten a mobster?) After being convicted of a crime she didn't commit (as opposed to the one she did) she gets in with the right people on the inside - we never know why or how - and gets out of jail free. Once out she is directed by her prison protector to a really cunning con man but she outwits him. Next thing you know she's an international art/ jewel/ whatever you want nicking thief. The author goes to some lengths to describe the places she travels to but gives no clue as to how she commits most of her crimes, which is frustrating. As a result, from the time she gets out of prison to the time she hooks up with Jeff, it's very dull. I'd give the ending 4 stars for excitement but I'd have liked a different ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Sidney Sheldon novel, 23 Aug. 2014
This review is from: If Tomorrow Comes (Kindle Edition)
I had watched the mini series of If Tomorrow Comes many times and loved it each time so it was with some trepidation that I finally came to read the novel on which it was based. My fears were very quickly abandoned, this book had me gripped just as the mini series had and was amazingly faithful, so often books are changed for screen but in this case it was not and I couldn't have been more pleased. I also enjoyed the few new capers in the book that did not make it to film.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone looking for a page turner and piece of escapism. My next Sheldon novel will be The Other Side of Midnight which I know nothing about and have not seen the film version of either. My hopes are high for more of the same quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars A thoroughly good read, 17 Dec. 2014
This review is from: If Tomorrow Comes (Kindle Edition)
The story is about one woman who is wrongly accused of thief by a Mafia boss. She finds herself in prison after being promised a 'slapped wrist' if she pleaded guilty but the defence lawyer and judge were in the pay of the Mafia boss and she ended up with 15 years.

After suddenly being released, the reason I'll let you find out, she went on a one woman revenge spree going onto thieving the things people thought could not be stolen.

I thoroughly enjoyed the book. The reason I gave it 4 stars and not 5 was because some of it was beyond belief that she got away with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpected surprise, 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: If Tomorrow Comes (Kindle Edition)
I downloaded this for free and, having never read anything by this author before, I had no expectations. That said I really like this idea of authors offering one of their novels for free for a limited time, I have found many good reads through this mechanism and have always gone on to download others at the normal price.
I have to say though that I really enjoyed this, the characters were good and there were twists and turns a plenty and I was intrigued by how many of the crimes were committed.
I enjoyed it to such an extent that I am just about to download more by this author.

If Tomorrow Comes