Format: Audio CDChange

on 17 June 2013
A mate said to me "download Come Of Age, there isn't a bad song on it" A simple instruction, so I did. He wasn't wrong
on 13 November 2012
I loved the first album for its originality and I can say the same for their new album!! Almost as an answer to fans' comments, their songs are finally longer than two and a half minutes but still really catchy (in a good way that you find yourself singing them randomly).

To mention the purchase itself, I was surprised how cheap, quick and easy the download was!!

My personal favourites have to be, 'I Always Knew' and 'All in Vain'.
on 19 November 2012
After their amazing first album I never thought the Vaccines would be able to top it. True it took a few listens but they certainly did! Singles like 'bad mood' and 'I wish I was a girl' stand out for me, though there definitely are a few week songs on the album ('lonely world'). Nevertheless it definitely is one of my top albums of 2012, though I would probably recommend the deluxe edition more as it has some really good songs on it like 'possessive'.
on 8 January 2013
I am a big Vaccines fan after downloading their album on a whim last year and seeing them live at Reading festival was the highlight of my summer.
However this song really wasn't on the same level for me.
Still brilliant music, just not up to the hype of the first. Hoping the next one is better.
The best songs for me are Teenage icon and Ghost Town.
on 29 March 2013
Where to start? This one's a tricky review. I absolutely loved their debut album and this follow up was highly anticipated but when they streamed it in full before the release date i was so shocked at the change in vocal style (that affected "warble" Justin had acquired) that i decided not to buy it at the time.
Having now obtained this "deluxe" version, particularly to hear the Live CD, I'm still unsure as to whether I actually like it or not?
Firstly the main CD. It's improved with persistent plays and there are some great tracks especially "No hope" (but still spoiled by the warble) & "Teenage icon". It's much twangier (guitar wise) than the debut e.g on "ghost town" & "weirdo" but is let down by some very average tracks, in fact from track 10 "i wish i was a girl" right through to the end of the album!
The Live CD is also pretty hit & miss but just about justifies the purchase price as you do get two tracks not on either CD i.e "tiger blood" and " why should i love you" although to be honest neither are brilliant. It's nice to hear tracks from the debut album in a live setting but again the new vocal style (I presume he's doing it on purpose?) almost puts a damper on it for me.
You do get a nice photo album style sleeve with numerous photos of the band, but the between song banter with the crowd is limited and i don't know why they felt they needed to let us have to listen to the 4 minute interval (mostly silence) between the end of the show and before the encore?
An interesting audio experience and although I still love 'em i did "expect more from The Vaccines".
on 11 March 2013
The album is good, came in the post very quickly and was very well wrapped, so Amazon didn't lose this any stars. Where it has lost a star is that it is a similar formula (good formula) to their previous album, so their songs sound quite similar. Vaccines will have to try something a bit different on their next album.
on 6 November 2012
Go see them live and the songs lift off much better than here trapped in stifling production and seemingly held back by a by the numbers delviery. Avoid at all costs the boring ballad. Buy the album but if it is a choice spend the money on the live ticket instead.
on 6 September 2012
The Vaccines have done nothing but excel themselves with this album. A 2nd Album after such a successful first is always going to be difficult: just ask The Stone Roses or the Arctic Monkeys. In sound, this album differs drastically, the feel considerably more refined and varied than its bouyant predecessor. Likewise, its pace is in contrast to the first album, with the songs averaging over the 3 minute mark (in comparison to around 2 minutes previously).

These changes not only allow the band to mature, but, unlike most maturing bands, it sounds good for once. Granted, experimental pieces such as 'Weirdo', with its wild west intro, are simply a platform to future tracks; but the brilliance of "All in Vain" and the hit "Teenage Icon" create such ever-lasting enjoyment (as provoked in the previous album also) and give so much prospect to this potentially world-class band on the rise.
on 22 November 2012
New album not up to standard of first album after a good first track. The album has a sixties feel I'm glad I got the deluxe version cos it is an excellent live album which includes classics from the first album like wet suit. Not keen on the cover.
on 14 October 2012
Love the vaccines so couldn't wait on new CD coming out. First time I've pre-ordered so was well chuffed when it arrived. If you like The Vaccines like me you won't be disappointed in their second CD. Well worth it just as good as their first one.