on 3 April 2015
We bought these as Christmas lights for the garden.
I have to say that seeing some of the reviews I was a little worried (my wife bought them before reading the review, D'Oh!).
The lights were placed in the garden in area that got light throughout the day. First day they worked really well, the next not so good, quite dim and short lasting.
What we've found is that for the best results you need a full on sunny day and then they work really well. These have been out constantly since Christmas and are still working alright.
Not a bad buy, and certainly better for the electric bill that mains powered lights.
on 25 November 2013
I think they must have a faulty batch. Just tried mine and no life in them at all. Gave them two days to charge up and not a peep. A coloured set bought at the same time worked fine.
on 20 July 2014
I purchased 2 sets of these installed in April this year both sets have now stopped working 3 months later and we are having lots of sun so that is not the reason - very disappointed
on 8 May 2015
Always think that they will blow in the rain. However, they do not and twinkle every night. Rain or shine. Have now bought loads more. Very confident with the quality.
on 19 December 2013
Despite following the instructions to initially charge these lights they failed to perform. After a full day of sunshine the lights only stayed lit for under 3 hours, so they went out at 8.00pm, not much good if you want to light up an outside Christmas Tree.
In future I will stick to lights that work off the mains as these are totally inadequate for the job. I contacted the seller and was offered a £7.00 refund and told to keep the lights and try them during the summer which I will do but I doubt they will improve.
I would advise anyone not to buy them.
on 24 February 2014
I left these set up over winter and switched on last to find did not work. I have other types that have been out over 2 winters and keep going. It is also not possible to change battery as soldered in.
on 29 November 2013
A fantastic way to add a bit of a sparkle without having to use a plug and electricity!
I left the panel on a sunny windowsill for a day and was delighted to have sparkling bright lights when tested later in the evening.
I haven't yet had an opportunity to see how long the lights last when switched on but with the Christmas season about to be upon us I will be testing this!
Personally I prefer the setting when they're a 'solid' light but you have the option to have them 'blinking'.
For the money I think they're an excellent buy.
on 20 December 2014
Very disappointed. I bought 3 sets of these lights last Christmas and they worked well over the holiday period - about 2 weeks. We took them down in January and put them back out last week. Initially all 3 sets worked but 2 stopped working after the first night. We have had brilliant sunshine so that cannot be the problem. The other set is still working. I would have expected them to last longer than 2 weeks. We have had other manufacturer's solar lights outdoors for more than 3 years with no problems. I cannot recommend this product.
on 10 February 2014
Thought these might be usable as outside Christmas lights... not really surprising, but 6-7 hours of mediocre winter daylight in Scotland really isn't enough to recharge these. It takes a couple of sunny days (without any use overnight), and the batteries are topped up and fine.

Daresay these will be strategically placed for some summertime garden lighting, and I'm hoping they'll be pretty good. As Christmas lights (which is what they are advertised as), however, they are totally inadequate in the Northern Hemisphere.
on 5 November 2014
Quick delivery, very pleased with my purchase. Had these for a couple of months now and they still come on in the evening although the days are darker.